|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the grandmother with whom Lulu is staying?
(a) Nana Ruby.
(b) Mimi Mae.
(c) Mimi Rubee.
(d) Grammy Ruth.
2. In which part of her body has Merry been stabbed?
(a) The legs.
(b) The chest.
(c) The back.
(d) The neck.
3. What does Merry work up the courage to ask her father one day?
(a) If he ever loved her mother.
(b) Why he stabbed her.
(c) Why he killed her mother.
(d) When he will get out of prison.
4. Dr. Cohen tells Joey that Lulu has a flair for _________________.
(b) Culinary arts.
(d) The technical.
5. How does Merry feel about her father's apology?
(a) It is hollow.
(b) It is sincere.
(c) It is half-hearted.
(d) He doesn't apologize.
6. Lulu tells Mrs. Cohen that she is scared because _______________________.
(a) She is afraid that she will be fatally attacked by the mean girls.
(b) She won't be able to go to college.
(c) She is afraid that Merry will kill herself.
(d) No boy will ever want to date her.
7. What gift had Mrs. Cohen given Lulu for Chanukah?
(a) A blue poncho.
(b) Pearl earrings.
(c) A red sweater.
(d) A navy coat.
8. What architectural structure does Merry look forward to seeing on the way to the prison?
(a) The World Trade Towers.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The Chrysler Building.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
9. What is Dr. Cohen's first name?
10. How old is Merry Zachariah at the beginning of the story?
11. Where does Lulu refuse to go with Merry and their grandmother?
(a) To BINGO night.
(b) To visit her father.
(c) To the mall.
(d) To the cemetery.
12. Who does Lulu get to help her mother?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) A downstairs neighbor.
(d) A police officer.
13. What does Joey make Merry promise to do?
(a) Come see him next weekend.
(b) Not get married too soon.
(c) Always take care of him.
(d) Get good grades.
14. Why does Merry have an outburst at the table on the holiday in #73?
(a) She wants to wear her bikini.
(b) She wants to go back to the orphanage.
(c) She wants to kill herself.
(d) She wants to see her father.
15. Which of the following is NOT a reason Joey gives for stabbing Merry?
(a) He was high on drugs.
(b) He is bipolar.
(c) He was consumed with alcohol.
(d) He was filled with rage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Cohen's first name?
2. What is Lulu and Merry's religion?
3. What are Lulu and Merry doing as the story begins?
4. What does the bully do to Merry one night?
5. Where do Lulu and Merry live in Chapter 4?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)