|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed since Celeste's death?
(a) 5 years.
(b) I8 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. Who is the girl who threatens to harm Lulu with the weapon in #54?
3. What are Lulu and Merry doing as the story begins?
(a) Playing in their room.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(d) Taking a nap.
4. Dr. Cohen tells Joey that Lulu has a flair for _________________.
(c) The technical.
(d) Culinary arts.
5. Who is Lulu and Merry's paternal grandmother?
(a) Grandma Zelda.
(b) Grandma Sue.
(c) Grandma Zara.
(d) Grandma Joyce.
6. What transportation method do Merry and her grandmother use to get to their destination in #35?
(a) Staten Island Ferry.
7. What is Lulu and Merry's religion?
8. What could account for Lulu and Merry's mother's immature behavior?
(a) She was a teenager when she got pregnant and married.
(b) She never had any responsibilities.
(c) She was always spoiled at home.
(d) She was beautiful and catered to.
9. Where is Joey found when Lulu returns with help?
(a) In the stairwell.
(b) On the kitchen floor.
(c) On the bed beside Merry.
(d) In the bathtub.
10. How old is Merry's father when she visits him in Chapter 12?
11. Who is Mrs. Cohen?
(a) Lulu's homeroom teacher.
(b) The weekend social worker at the orphanage.
(c) Grandma Zelda's neighbor.
(d) Lulu and Merry's adoptive mother.
12. What does Grandma Zelda force Lulu to promise?
(a) That she will not get married too young.
(b) That she will look after her grave.
(c) That Merry and her father will be taken care of.
(d) That she will get a college education.
13. What is Joey's plea in the murder of his wife?
(a) Not guilty due to a crime of passion.
(b) Not guilty with an alibi.
(c) Not guilty due to mental illness.
14. Who is the special friend with whom Lulu spends time?
(a) A high school student.
(b) A girl at the orphanage.
(c) A school friend.
(d) Grandma Zelda's neighbor.
15. What is Dr. Cohen's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merry feel about her father's apology?
2. What do Merry and her grandmother buy on each outing in #35?
3. What architectural structure does Merry look forward to seeing on the way to the prison?
4. What does Joey make Merry promise to do?
5. Who is Lulu and Merry's aunt who speaks particularly unkindly about Joey?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)