|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the orphanage where Lulu and Merry live?
2. Where does Lulu's mother send Merry during the argument?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The shed.
(c) The neighbor's house.
(d) Her bedroom.
3. Who is Lulu and Merry's father?
4. Which singer's music always reminded Lulu of her father?
(a) Mick Jagger.
(b) Tony Randall.
(c) Kenny Rogers.
(d) Roy Orbison.
5. What is Joey's sentence for the murder of his wife?
(a) A life sentence.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) 15-20 years.
(d) 5 years.
6. What weapon does one of the girls at the orphanage threaten to use on Lulu one night?
(a) A lead pipe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter opener.
7. What is Dr. Cohen's first name?
8. What transportation method do Merry and her grandmother use to get to their destination in #35?
(c) Staten Island Ferry.
9. Dr. Cohen tells Joey that Lulu has a flair for _________________.
(a) The technical.
(c) Culinary arts.
10. In which New York borough do the girls live with the Cohens?
11. Who is the bully in the orphanage?
12. What gift had Mrs. Cohen given Lulu for Chanukah?
(a) Pearl earrings.
(b) A red sweater.
(c) A navy coat.
(d) A blue poncho.
13. What holiday meal does Merry help Mrs. Cohen prepare in Chapter 11?
(b) New Year's.
(c) Fourth of July.
14. Who is the guard who pats down Merry and Dr. Cohen at the prison?
(a) Officer McNulty.
(b) Officer Nabors.
(c) Officer Newton.
(d) Officer Nesmith.
15. What does Lulu begin to wonder after spending time with the person in #50?
(a) Why she acts so spoiled all the time.
(b) If they will always stay in contact.
(c) What it would be like to be adopted by her family.
(d) Why she has privileges Lulu does not have.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lulu and Merry live in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Merry have an outburst at the table on the holiday in #73?
3. A year later, what event do Lulu and Merry attend?
4. How old is Merry's father when she visits him in Chapter 12?
5. How does Lulu feel about visiting with Grandma Zelda?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)