|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator say the plane landed in Jacksonville in Chapter 49?
(a) Just after 4 p.m.
(b) Just after 2 p.m.
(c) Just after 5 p.m.
2. What does Ben refer to as a place to hide while hunting in Chapter 38?
(a) A niche.
(b) A covey.
(c) A nook.
(d) A blind.
3. What does Ben recall Rachel's doctor diagnosing her with in Chapter 35?
(b) Hepatitis C.
(c) A partial abruption.
(d) Pulmonary heart disease.
4. What day is it on Ben and Ashley's journey since the crash in the beginning of Chapter 44?
5. What does Ben use to create a harness for himself in Chapter 23?
(a) Grover's jacket.
(b) Grover's backpack.
(c) The dog's leash.
(d) Grover's seat belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the crash as Ben and Ashley make their way down the incline in Chapter 44?
2. How does Ben manage to get back to Ashley with help in Chapter 45?
3. What does Ben say his wife's greatest weakness was prior to their separation in Chapter 34?
4. How many rabbits does Ben bring back from hunting in Chapter 34?
5. What does Ben use to break the lock on the door inside of the building they've discovered in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of bow does Ben make along his journey? How does he make it?
2. Why does Ashley insist Ben leave her behind? Why does he refuse?
3. How is Ashley ultimately rescued?
4. How does Ben respond when Ashley asks him if he has been tempted being with her?
5. What does Ben do for Ashley before leaving the hospital?
6. Why does the author allude to the film Jeremiah Johnson in the novel?
7. How is the A-frame cabin described? What tools do Ben and Ashley find there?
8. Why does Ben choose to shoot the calf instead of the mother moose?
9. How does Ashley respond when Ben suggests they must decide whether to stay at the A-frame or to continue onward?
10. Why does Ashley give Ben meat that she has been hoarding along their journey?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)