|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben find to eat in the building they have discovered in Chapter 30?
(a) A bag of jerky.
(b) A bag of potatoes.
(c) A can of soup.
(d) A can of beans.
2. What picture is the puzzle once it is completed?
(a) A picture of a cat.
(b) A still life of fruit.
(c) A landscape of a field of flowers.
(d) A landscape of mountains.
3. Who is the florist at Trad's garden store and greenhouse where Ben stops in Chapter 49?
4. How long does it take Ben and Ashley to make it a little more than a mile in Chapter 23?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 9 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
5. How long does the narrator describe the A-frame room to be in Chapter 34?
(a) More than 60 yards long.
(b) More than 40 yards long.
(c) More than 70 yards long.
(d) More than 50 yards long.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how much weight does Ben assess he has lost since the crash in Chapter 42?
2. Who is sitting with Ashley when Ben returns to her hospital room in Chapter 48?
3. What does Ben claim to use to help him sleep in Chapter 24?
4. What is the term for the bag that sleeping bags come in?
5. What lay atop the pews in the building that Ben and Ashley have found in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ashley respond when Ben suggests they must decide whether to stay at the A-frame or to continue onward?
2. What tools have been found at the A-frame that make Ben and Ashley's journey easier?
3. What does Ben say about the birth of his children in his dictation to Rachel?
4. Why does Ben choose to shoot the calf instead of the mother moose?
5. Why does the author allude to the film Jeremiah Johnson in the novel?
6. What happens after Ben shoots the moose calf?
7. What do Ben and Ashley see on their 14th day after the crash that gives them hope?
8. How is Ben's visit with Grover's wife described?
9. What appears to be the primary reason for Ben's separation from his wife based on his dictations into the recorder?
10. How does Ben repair the makeshift sled after it has been damaged?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)