|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much weight does Ben assess he has lost since the crash in Chapter 42?
(a) 25-30 lbs.
(b) 5-10 lbs.
(c) 20-25 lbs.
(d) 10-15 lbs.
2. Who is sitting with Ashley when Ben returns to her hospital room in Chapter 48?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The nurse.
(d) Her father.
3. For how many days have Ben and Ashley been trapped in the wilderness after the crash in Chapter 24?
4. How many stitches does Ben give himself for the gash he received while hunting the moose in Chapter 42?
5. What animal tracks are outside of the shelter in Chapter 26?
(c) Mountain lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the doctor say Ben hauled Ashley through subfreezing temperatures in Chapter 46?
2. How many rabbits does Ben bring back from hunting in Chapter 34?
3. What does Ben use to create a harness for himself in Chapter 23?
4. What name does the doctor call Ben in reference to The Six Million Dollar Man in Chapter 46?
5. When does the narrator say the plane landed in Jacksonville in Chapter 49?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ben repair the makeshift sled after it has been damaged?
2. What does the mother moose symbolize in the novel?
3. What is ironic about the National Forest that Ben and Ashley are apparenly lost in?
4. How are Ben and Ashley injured during the avalanche?
5. Whom does Ben speak with about Ashley's condition at the hospital? How is her condition?
6. What gift does Ben leave for Ashley at her wedding rehearsal dinner?
7. What does the puzzle signify in the story?
8. What kind of bow does Ben make along his journey? How does he make it?
9. What causes Ben's watch to break? How does this affect him?
10. What does Ben do for Ashley before leaving the hospital?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)