|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Ben and Ashley to make it a little more than a mile in Chapter 23?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 9 hours.
2. Who does Ben tell Ashley is on his way when she awakens in the hospital in Chapter 46?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
3. What name does the doctor call Ben in reference to The Six Million Dollar Man in Chapter 46?
(a) John Junior.
(b) Bart Wayne.
(c) Steve Austin.
(d) Mike Peters.
4. By what names does Rachel refer to her unborn children in Chapter 37?
(a) Michael and Hannah.
(b) John and Emily.
(c) Mary and Micah.
(d) Sarah and Andrew.
5. What does Ben recall Rachel's doctor diagnosing her with in Chapter 35?
(a) Pulmonary heart disease.
(b) Hepatitis C.
(d) A partial abruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how much meat does Ben manage to salvage from the moose calf in Chapter 40?
2. What does Ben refer to as a place to hide while hunting in Chapter 38?
3. What has happened to Ben's watch in Chapter 23?
4. By what name does Ben refer to Rachel's doctor in Chapter 35?
5. How far have Ben and Ashley made it by nightfall on their journey in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ben repair the makeshift sled after it has been damaged?
2. What gift does Ben leave for Ashley at her wedding rehearsal dinner?
3. How does Ben respond when Ashley asks him if he has been tempted being with her?
4. What does Ben do for Ashley before leaving the hospital?
5. How is Ashley ultimately rescued?
6. What do Ben and Ashley see on their 14th day after the crash that gives them hope?
7. How does Ashley respond when Ben suggests they must decide whether to stay at the A-frame or to continue onward?
8. What is ironic about the National Forest that Ben and Ashley are apparenly lost in?
9. Why does Ashley insist Ben leave her behind? Why does he refuse?
10. What happens after Ben shoots the moose calf?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)