|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ben's GPA in his senior year of high school?
2. Who encouraged Ben to become a doctor?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
3. Where does Ben live?
4. How far from Ben does he say Rachel lives in Chapter 22?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
5. What is Ashley's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of painkiller does Ben give to Ashley when he returns to the plane in Chapter 12?
2. From what narrative point of view is the Prelude to The Mountain Between Us related?
3. In Ben's flashback in Chapter 11, he recalls his wife telling him, "You're about as dumb as" what (95)?
4. What direction does the arrow point that is created from the exhaust of overhead planes in Chapter 19?
5. What does Ben attempt to shoot with the bow and arrow in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting, mood, and tone of the novel that is illustrated in the Prelude. How does the author establish this mood and tone?
2. Why is Ben at the airport in the beginning of the novel? What is his objective?
3. What does Ben discover when he examines the plane's GPS?
4. How does Ben manage to kill the mountain lion?
5. What does Ben discern about their situation once he makes it to the crest of the mountain on which the plane crashed?
6. Where and how does Ben bury Grover?
7. How does Ben attend to Ashley's injuries after the crash?
8. What led to the physical fight between Ben and his father?
9. What is Ben's favorite gift he gave to Rachel? Why?
10. What does Ben reveal about Rachel to Ashley after they have first left the crash site?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)