|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ashley do with Ben's recorder when she demands it from him in Chapter 22?
(a) She leaves a message for Rachel.
(b) She throws it off a cliff.
(c) She throws it into the creek.
(d) She breaks it.
2. In Ben's freshman year, he won the 400-meter dash in what time?
(a) 60.2 seconds.
(b) 50.9 seconds.
(c) 39.8 seconds.
(d) 59.3 seconds.
3. Who encouraged Ben to become a doctor?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
4. What was Ben's wife's maiden name?
5. In what month does Chapter 1 begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many small trout does Ben bring back from his fishing expedition in Chapter 13?
2. What has stopped working in the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. To what does Ben compare the snow on the evergreen trees in Chapter 22?
4. What is engraved on the back of Ben's compass?
5. What is Ashley's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ben describe the impact of his relationship with Rachel on his life?
2. How does Ben manage to travel with Ashley despite her injuries?
3. What is the first food that Ben finds for him and Ashley? How does he capture it?
4. Discuss the different styles of narration in The Mountain Between Us. How are these styles differentiated?
5. What is the signficance of the gift that Rachel gave to Ben on their honeymoon?
6. What role does running play in the narrative?
7. How does Ben describe his and Rachel's move to Jacksonville from Denver?
8. What memory of the loggerhead turtles does Ben relate?
9. What injuries does Ashley sustain in the plane crash?
10. What is the significance of the tracks that Ben sees near the plane in Chapter 12?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)