|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the pilot of the plane presumably die?
(a) Brain aneurysm.
(b) Head injury.
(d) Heart attack.
2. What kind of painkiller does Ben take when he returns to the plane in Chapter 12?
3. How has Ashley's leg been injured in the plane crash?
(a) Her left ankle has been broken.
(b) Her right fibula has been broken.
(c) Her right ankle has been broken.
(d) Her left femur has been broken.
4. How many kids does Ben have?
5. Who gave Ben his compass?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles did Ben drive the moving truck from Denver to Jacksonville, according to his narrative in Chapter 12?
2. When Ben first sees Ashley in Chapter 1, he compares her to Winona Ryder in what movie based on her appearance?
3. What does Ashley do with Ben's recorder when she demands it from him in Chapter 22?
4. For how long does Ashley say she and Ben have been stuck here since the plane crash in Chapter 22?
5. When Ben left to drive the moving truck from Denver to Jacksonville, what was the second of the gifts given him by his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ashley in the airport in the beginning of the novel? What is her objective?
2. What injuries does Ashley sustain in the plane crash?
3. Where and how does Ben bury Grover?
4. How does Ben manage to travel with Ashley despite her injuries?
5. What does Ben discover when he examines the plane's GPS?
6. How does Ben describe the impact of his relationship with Rachel on his life?
7. What does Ben reveal about Rachel to Ashley after they have first left the crash site?
8. How does Ben describe his first meeting with Rachel?
9. Why is Ben at the airport in the beginning of the novel? What is his objective?
10. In which direction do Ben and Ashley set out when they leave the crash site? Why?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)