|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ashley live?
2. What class in school did Ben begin taking in order to be in the same class with his future wife, according to the narrative in Chapter 4?
3. What does Ashley do with Ben's recorder when she demands it from him in Chapter 22?
(a) She leaves a message for Rachel.
(b) She throws it into the creek.
(c) She breaks it.
(d) She throws it off a cliff.
4. How did the pilot of the plane presumably die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Head injury.
(c) Brain aneurysm.
5. What does Ben promise to give Ashley one day once they are safe in a hospital in Chapter 12?
(a) A watch.
(b) A pedicure.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Ashley say she and Ben have been stuck here since the plane crash in Chapter 22?
2. At what time was Ben's original flight scheduled to depart in Chapter 1?
3. When Ben first sees Ashley in Chapter 1, he compares her to Winona Ryder in what movie based on her appearance?
4. In what month does Chapter 1 begin?
5. What does Ben compare the small trout to in his dictation to his wife in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first food that Ben finds for him and Ashley? How does he capture it?
2. In which direction do Ben and Ashley set out when they leave the crash site? Why?
3. How does Ben describe the day that he became engaged to Rachel?
4. What is the signficance of the gift that Rachel gave to Ben on their honeymoon?
5. How does Ben describe his first meeting with Rachel?
6. How does Ben manage to kill the mountain lion?
7. Where and how does Ben bury Grover?
8. Discuss the different styles of narration in The Mountain Between Us. How are these styles differentiated?
9. How does Ben attend to Ashley's injuries after the crash?
10. Why is Ben at the airport in the beginning of the novel? What is his objective?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)