|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben use to make a makeshift sled to pull Ashley in Chapter 21?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A piece of driftwood.
(c) A raft.
(d) The plane wing.
2. How does Ben describe his father in Chapter 6?
3. What gift did Ben's wife give him on their honeymoon?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A compass.
(c) A watch.
(d) A necklace.
4. From what narrative point of view is the Prelude to The Mountain Between Us related?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Fourth person.
(d) Second person.
5. For how many hours have Ben and Ashley been sleeping when Ben awakens in Chapter 7?
(a) 20 hours.
(b) 56 hours.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben tell Ashley is the best thing she has got going for her in Chapter 21?
2. How many kids does Ben have?
3. Where is Ben at the airport attempting to take a flight in Chapter 1?
4. How did the pilot of the plane presumably die?
5. What is engraved on the back of Ben's compass?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ben describe his first meeting with Rachel?
2. How does Ben manage to travel with Ashley despite her injuries?
3. What memory of the loggerhead turtles does Ben relate?
4. Where and how does Ben bury Grover?
5. What role does running play in the narrative?
6. How does Ben describe his and Rachel's move to Jacksonville from Denver?
7. What injuries does Ben sustain in the plane crash?
8. Why is Ben at the airport in the beginning of the novel? What is his objective?
9. Describe the setting, mood, and tone of the novel that is illustrated in the Prelude. How does the author establish this mood and tone?
10. How does Ben describe his college years?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)