|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the box marked "DESSERT" that Ben's wife gave him on his drive to Jacksonville (104)?
(a) Key lime pie.
(b) Cherry pie.
(c) Chocolate cake.
(d) Apple pie.
2. What did Ben's wife work as after school when they were in high school?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A candy striper.
(d) A bartender.
3. How did the pilot of the plane presumably die?
(a) Brain aneurysm.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Head injury.
4. To what does Ben compare the snow on the evergreen trees in Chapter 22?
(b) Icy death.
5. During his "funeral" for Grover, Ben says in Chapter 19, "Living with a broken heart is" what (136)?
(a) "Hell on earth."
(b) "Living half dead."
(c) "Living in the past."
(d) "Learning to handle pain."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Ben's father moved during Ben's last year of undergrad?
2. For how many hours have Ben and Ashley been sleeping when Ben awakens in Chapter 7?
3. In Ben's flashback in Chapter 11, he recalls his wife telling him, "You're about as dumb as" what (95)?
4. How far have Ben and Ashley made it by nightfall on their journey in Chapter 25?
5. How many miles did Ben drive the moving truck from Denver to Jacksonville, according to his narrative in Chapter 12?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)