|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his letter in Chapter 37, what did Che write he had a growing interest in?
2. In Chapter 31, who lent Che and Alberto horses?
3. What kind of procession did Che and Alberto witness in Chapter 28?
4. How did Peruvians compare to their landscape, according to Che?
5. _______ were separated in Cuzco.
Short Essay Questions
1. Which river did Che swim across?
2. How did Che and Alberto gain lodging in Chapter 22?
3. How did Che celebrate his twenty-fourth birthday?
4. What did Cuzco used to be, and who resided there?
5. According to Che in Chapter 29, what had the native's lost?
6. Who did Alberto yell at, and why?
7. What did Che write in the letter to his father?
8. Describe the boat ride to San Pablo.
9. What did Che expect from the upcoming Chilean elections of 1952?
10. Describe Che and Alberto's trek through the middle of Peru.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the memoir, as well as later in life, Che Guevara cites American capitalism as the source of Latin American strife and offers communism as a solution to the problem. Write an essay that:
1) Defines capitalism.
2) Defines communism.
3) Chooses one ideology and argues for it.
Essay Topic 2
Write a brief biography of Che Guevara, including his time spent in Cuba and how he met his death.
Essay Topic 3
When "The Motorcycle Diaries" begins, Che is a young man in his twenties and quite youthful. Discuss how the book is a story about youth, and at the same time about loss of youth.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)