|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ were separated in Cuzco.
2. What was Chile's major struggle?
3. What country did Che and Alberto enter via raft?
4. How did Che and Alberto want to reach Bogota?
5. Who thought Che and Alberto were strange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events of Chapter 28.
2. Describe the San Pablo leper colony.
3. In Chapter 23, what did the schoolteacher talk about?
4. Who loaned Che and Alberto horses, and why?
5. Describe Che and Alberto's trek through the middle of Peru.
6. According to Che, what did Cuzco's ruins symbolize?
7. What did Che write about Chile's standards of living?
8. What did Che write in the letter to his father?
9. How did Che celebrate his twenty-fourth birthday?
10. Describe the boat ride to San Pablo.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Che and Alberto rely heavily on the hospitality of others to get by on their trip. Discuss whether the hospitality they received was regional, related to time period, etc.
Essay Topic 2
At several points in the book, Che cites American capitalism as the cause for the suffering of Latin American people and offers communism as a solution. However, we as Americans are often inclined to see communism as a bad thing. How does Che's perspective affect his opinions of capitalism? How do our perspectives influence our opinions of communism? Write an essay on your thoughts.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a country featured in the book and write a history of political events, starting the same year that Che visits. Be sure to draw parallels between what is touched upon in the text and political history.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)