|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer say he can see in the eyes of the people who surround him?
2. Who does Mr. Willow befriend on the boat?
3. What act is after Homer's performance as Pig Boy?
4. What does Fleabottom act like he is doing as he hurries away from the dock?
5. Who do the soldiers begin to bring into the barn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Homer escape the military?
2. How does Samuel Reed defeat Smelt and Stink?
3. How do the crowd react to Homer in the crate?
4. Why do the military surround the traveling show?
5. How does Fleabottom fool the soldiers?
6. Who is Mr. Willow?
7. What do the Confederates do with Homer when they capture him?
8. How do Griswold and Homer escape?
9. Summarize chapter sixteen?
10. Summarize chapter seventeen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main problems the south had with each other? How does the author express these problems through the characters?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does fortune play a big part in Homer finding his brother? Do the think the fortune he encounters takes away the tension in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Homer's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the person he is at the end.
1. What did Homer hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Homer ideas about life?
3. How has Homer's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)