|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Willow befriend on the boat?
2. What does the balloon owner say the hot-air balloon is rather than a hot air balloon?
3. Who does the professor say is the only person who knows the answer?
4. What material is the hot air balloon made from?
5. What do the Brillo Brothers throw over Homer's crate?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Mr. Willow not the ideal companion for Homer?
2. What false hope does Homer have in this section?
3. How does the Professor help Homer?
4. How does Fleabottom fool the soldiers?
5. How does Mr. Brewster help out Homer in chapter fourteen?
6. How does Mr. Willow help Homer in this section?
7. Describe the performance Homer has to give in this section?
8. What were the hot-air balloons used for in the Civil War?
9. Why do the military surround the traveling show?
10. Summarize chapter sixteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Philbrick say about slavery? How does he use the main characters to express his view?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate is Philbrick's representation of Colonel Chamberlain? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 3
Who were the Underground Railroad? How accurate is the author's representation of the Underground Railroad?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)