|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the balloon land in the middle of?
2. What illness does Homer think he has convinced the crowd at the dock he has?
3. What is the giant balloon tethered to?
4. What do the crowd chant at Homer?
5. Where does Homer watch most of the medicine show from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What false hope does Homer have in this section?
2. How does Mr. Brewster help out Homer in chapter fourteen?
3. Why is Homer able to see through the Nibbly's scam?
4. What do the traveling show learn about the war in chapter twenty six?
5. How does Fleabottom fool the soldiers?
6. Describe the performance Homer has to give in this section?
7. How does Samuel Reed defeat Smelt and Stink?
8. Why is Mr. Willow so vulnerable?
9. Summarize chapter sixteen?
10. Summarize chapter seventeen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main problems the south had with each other? How does the author express these problems through the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How do the following people help Homer find his brother Harold?
1. Professor Fleabottom.
2. Mr. Brewster.
3. Mr. Willow.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)