|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Homer describe Fleabottom's face?
2. What is Mr. Willow's job?
3. What kind of traveling show does Fleabottom run?
4. What does Fleabottom call his medicine?
5. What does Homer find out Fleabottom puts in his medicine bottles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Samuel Reed defeat Smelt and Stink?
2. How do Griswold and Homer escape?
3. Who is Mr. Willow?
4. What do the traveling show learn about the war in chapter twenty six?
5. What do the Confederates do with Homer when they capture him?
6. How does Mr. Brewster help out Homer in chapter fourteen?
7. How does Fleabottom find information from the soldiers?
8. How does Homer escape the military?
9. What evidence is there that Fleabottom could be a spy?
10. Summarize chapter sixteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were the Underground Railroad? How accurate is the author's representation of the Underground Railroad?
Essay Topic 2
What is Homer's opinion of slavery? Is Homer's views on slavery realistic considering how little he has seen of life?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)