|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Fleabottom think the resignation will have on the war?
(a) It will give the confederates the upperhand.
(b) It will result in a bloody battle.
(c) It will prolong the war.
(d) It will bring a swift end to the war.
2. What does Homer say is in the wagon that allows him to become human again?
(a) A bucket of soapy water.
(b) A pack of cigarettes.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A pint of beer.
3. What does Fleabottom act like he is doing as he hurries away from the dock?
(a) Running away from something.
(b) Training for the Olympics.
(c) Running to meet someone.
(d) Running to save someone.
4. What do the soldiers accuse Fleabottom of doing?
(a) Killing children.
(b) Conning people.
(c) Spying for the south.
(d) Hiring minors.
5. What does Homer say he can see in the eyes of the people who surround him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer do when a hand comes near his crate?
2. Who has resigned from the union troops?
3. What is broken on the wagon Fleabottom stops to help?
4. What kind of gas is the balloon filled with?
5. What kind of hat does Fleabottom wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the crowd react to Homer in the crate?
2. In what way is Mr. Willow not the ideal companion for Homer?
3. Why is Homer able to see through the Nibbly's scam?
4. What were the hot-air balloons used for in the Civil War?
5. What do the traveling show learn about the war in chapter twenty six?
6. Summarize chapter seventeen.
7. How does the Professor help Homer?
8. Summarize chapter sixteen?
9. How does Samuel Reed defeat Smelt and Stink?
10. What evidence is there that Fleabottom could be a spy?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)