|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who surround the medicine show and calls for Fleabottom to surrender?
(a) The confederates.
(b) The town folk.
(c) Union soldiers.
(d) The police.
2. Who does Fleabottom ask about the whereabouts of Harold?
(c) Traveling show owners.
3. What does Homer compare the tear in the balloon to?
(a) A smiling mouth.
(b) A yawning mouth.
(c) A blank face.
(d) A screaming mouth.
4. In which state is Lancaster a city?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
5. Who does Mr. Brewster ask to accompany Homer in his search for Harold?
(a) Mr. Redfield.
(b) Mr. Willow.
(c) Mr. Reed.
(d) Miss Wimpy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer say he is chasing as he travels West in the balloon?
2. What does the kid who threw the garbage go to fetch?
3. Who hands out the bottles of medicine at the traveling show?
4. Who does the professor say is the only person who knows the answer?
5. What is the giant balloon tethered to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the performance Homer has to give in this section?
2. What do the Confederates do with Homer when they capture him?
3. What were the hot-air balloons used for in the Civil War?
4. How does Samuel Reed defeat Smelt and Stink?
5. In what way is Mr. Willow not the ideal companion for Homer?
6. How does the Professor help Homer?
7. How do Griswold and Homer escape?
8. Why is Mr. Willow so vulnerable?
9. How does Mr. Willow help Homer in this section?
10. What false hope does Homer have in this section?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)