|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Homer say it wouldn't be a good idea to kill Samuel?
(a) They could use him as their own slave.
(b) They could sell him.
(c) They would be put on trial for murder.
(d) They could hand him in and become heroes.
2. What state would Smelt and Stink have to return Samuel to?
3. Who does Homer say enters the parlor at the end of chapter eight?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Peter Piper.
4. What does Squint catch Homer eating?
5. What does Homer say Smelt has all the charm of?
(a) An angry hippo.
(b) A tired skunk.
(c) An energetic weasel.
(d) An energetic hyena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Squint laughing like when Homer gets the stone?
2. What is tormaline used for?
3. What does Homer escape on?
4. What does Homer say scares him worse than the spiders?
5. Where does Homer say he left his papers that proves he is the owner of the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Homer overhear Squint and Corny talking about?
2. In what way does Homer show his naivety in this section?
3. Why does Samuel say Stink and Smell have no right to keep him?
4. Why does Homer think his situation with his Uncle was similar to the situation of the slaves?
5. How does Harold describe life working at the logging camp?
6. How does Homer describe the calm feeling he feels as he and Smelt get closer to the mine?
7. How does Homer think Harold will cope in the army?
8. Summarize chapter nine.
9. Why does Squint become angry with Homer in this section?
10. Summarize chapter twelve.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)