|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it illegal for Harold to join the army?
(a) He was not born in America.
(b) He has a bad injury to his knee.
(c) He is only seventeen.
(d) He is registered as a female.
2. Who does Homer think his uncle has gone to fetch?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The sherriff.
(c) The hangman.
(d) The saloon owner.
3. Why does Homer say they call his town Smelt?
(a) Because it is full of bums.
(b) Because they never bury their dead.
(c) Because pigs roam the town center.
(d) Because of a nearby swamp.
4. What do Smelt's hard little eyes brighten up like?
(a) Green glass.
(b) Black glass.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
5. What is tormaline used for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smelt say Homer has outlived?
2. What does Homer say Bob is faster than?
3. Who does the man think Homer is spying for?
4. What kind of animal does Homer say smiles just like Smelt?
5. What does Homer say Smelt looks like in the dark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize chapter three.
2. Why does Samuel say Stink and Smell have no right to keep him?
3. How does Squint get back at Harold?
4. What does Homer tell Stink and Smell about his Uncle?
5. How does Homer describe Jebediah Brewster?
6. In what way does Homer show his naivety in this section?
7. How does Homer think Harold will cope in the army?
8. How does Homer describe Mr. Mr Brewster's pit?
9. Summarize chapter nine.
10. What conflicting situation does Homer find himself in in this section?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)