|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Homer's father die?
(a) He got lost in the desert.
(b) A tree fell on him.
(c) He was struck by lightning.
(d) He was hanged.
2. What does Mr. Brewster say is the secret of Brewster mines?
(a) They have stopped work.
(b) They mine for gold.
(c) They sell their product to the south.
(d) They mine for diamonds.
3. Who does Smelt say Samuel will meet if he doesn't speak?
(a) His maker.
(c) His parents.
4. What does Homer say one has to think like to escape from a root cellar?
(a) A rat.
(b) A mole.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A president.
5. What does the P stand for in Homer's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smelt say Homer has outlived?
2. Why does Corny think Squint is clever?
3. What does Homer say is the closest town to where he lives?
4. What does Homer say he used the skin of the snake to make?
5. Where does Homer say he left his papers that proves he is the owner of the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Homer tell Mrs. Bean about the snake?
2. What does Mr. Brewster say are Homer's options?
3. How does Mr. Brewster help the slaves?
4. What is the Underground Railroad?
5. How does Homer describe his Uncle's cellar?
6. What does Homer tell Stink and Smell about his Uncle?
7. How does Harold describe life working at the logging camp?
8. What does Homer overhear Squint and Corny talking about?
9. How does Squint get back at Harold?
10. What do Stink and Smell want Homer to do for them?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)