|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Squint catch Homer eating?
2. What do the soldiers tell Homer they will do if he continues to interfere?
(a) Shoot Harold.
(b) Force Homer to join the army.
(c) Set fire to the farm.
(d) Shoot Squint.
3. How does Mr. Brewster almost make the windows rattle?
(a) He stamps his feet.
(b) He claps his hands.
(c) He sighs.
(d) He yawns.
4. What part of Homer's body does Smelt tie a rope around?
(a) His arm.
(b) His neck.
(c) His waist.
(d) His leg.
5. What is Smelt's knife right for slicing?
(a) Whale meat.
(b) A hog's throat.
(c) Crocodile meat.
(d) A man's belly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stink and Smelt want Homer to lie his way into?
2. What is the title of chapter nine?
3. What does Mr. Brewster offer to show Homer the secret of?
4. What does Smelt study Homer like?
5. What does Homer use to dig through the dirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stink and Smell want Homer to do for them?
2. How does Homer describe Jebediah Brewster?
3. How does Mr. Brewster help the slaves?
4. What does Homer know about people that go to war?
5. Summarize chapter three.
6. What does Homer overhear Squint and Corny talking about?
7. How does Brewster say the whites express their fears of blacks?
8. What is the Underground Railroad?
9. How does Homer describe Mr. Mr Brewster's pit?
10. How does Squint get back at Harold?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)