|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state would Smelt and Stink have to return Samuel to?
2. Why is it illegal for Harold to join the army?
(a) He was not born in America.
(b) He is registered as a female.
(c) He has a bad injury to his knee.
(d) He is only seventeen.
3. What does Mrs. Bean suggest made Homer talk so much?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(d) Lack of food.
4. What is tormaline used for?
5. Why does Smelt say Reed should put down his weapon?
(a) The police are about to arrive.
(b) He's his lawful prisoner.
(c) He has a gun.
(d) He is a slave.
6. Why does Mr. Brewster say he can't get a gun?
(a) Guns are illegal.
(b) He doesn't have the money.
(c) He can't leave his house.
(d) He is sworn to peace.
7. What part of Homer's body does Smelt tie a rope around?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His waist.
(d) His neck.
8. What is the title of chapter thirteen?
(a) Free to Finish.
(b) Home and Dry.
(c) A Wagonload of Hope.
(d) Baseball and Other Sports.
9. What is Smelt's knife right for slicing?
(a) Whale meat.
(b) A man's belly.
(c) A hog's throat.
(d) Crocodile meat.
10. What kind of work does Brewster say Mr. Reed does?
(a) The dangerous work.
(b) The easy work.
(c) The dirty work.
(d) The boring work.
11. What does Homer say scares him worse than the spiders?
(b) Being on his own.
(c) His Uncle's anger.
(d) Starving to death.
12. What does Homer say Smelt has all the charm of?
(a) An angry hippo.
(b) An energetic weasel.
(c) A tired skunk.
(d) An energetic hyena.
13. What does Mr. Brewster offer to show Homer the secret of?
(a) His cellar.
(b) The Quaker religion.
(c) His mines.
(d) His winemaking.
14. Where does Homer say he left his papers that proves he is the owner of the horse?
(a) In a safe at his Uncle's bank.
(b) In a nearby hut.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In a treasure chest buried in the woods.
15. What does Smelt say is the name of his darky friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Brewster tell Homer he offers for the freed slaves?
2. Why does Homer say it wouldn't be a good idea to kill Samuel?
3. What does Homer say he has no more sense than?
4. What does Mrs. Bean say is amazing about the snake in Homer's story?
5. What does Homer say most folks keep in a root cellar?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)