|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smelt say Homer has outlived?
(a) His usefulness.
(b) His mother.
(c) His expectations.
(d) His fate.
2. Why does Corny think Squint is clever?
(a) He can now do what he wants with Homer.
(b) He made money by selling Harold.
(c) He has a PhD.
(d) He tricked the soldiers into taking Harold.
3. What does Homer say most folks keep in a root cellar?
4. Who was always the hero in Harold's stories?
5. What does Homer say is the closest town to where he lives?
(a) Red Chilli.
(b) Pine Swamp.
(c) Funnel Cob.
(d) Bigot Place.
6. What does the P stand for in Homer's name?
7. What does Mr. Brewster tell Homer he offers for the freed slaves?
(b) An escape plan.
(c) Shelter for a few nights.
8. What does Mr. Brewster offer to show Homer the secret of?
(a) His winemaking.
(b) His cellar.
(c) The Quaker religion.
(d) His mines.
9. Why does Homer think Mr. Brewster couldn't keep a secret?
(a) He can't lie.
(b) He talks too much.
(c) He doesn't think about what he is saying.
(d) He is too open.
10. What did the meanest man in Bangor used to do for fun?
(a) Poison cats.
(b) Paralyze dogs.
(c) Starve old ladies.
(d) Drown kittens.
11. What kind of animal does Homer say smiles just like Smelt?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A snake.
(c) A hippo.
(d) A wasp.
12. What is tormaline used for?
13. Why is it illegal for Harold to join the army?
(a) He has a bad injury to his knee.
(b) He is registered as a female.
(c) He was not born in America.
(d) He is only seventeen.
14. What does Homer say Smelt has all the charm of?
(a) An angry hippo.
(b) An energetic hyena.
(c) A tired skunk.
(d) An energetic weasel.
15. Who does Mr. Brewster say showed him the path?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Michael Douglas.
(d) Frederick Douglas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Brewster say is the secret of Brewster mines?
2. What does Reed's first swing drop stink onto the floor like?
3. What does Homer decide he needs to do at the end of chapter three?
4. Why does Homer think Harold is bound to get killed?
5. What does Homer escape on?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)