|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Brewster say is the secret of Brewster mines?
(a) They mine for diamonds.
(b) They sell their product to the south.
(c) They have stopped work.
(d) They mine for gold.
2. What does Homer think Squint we do to him and his brother when he storms into his house?
(a) Starve them to death.
(b) Lock them out.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Shoot them dead.
3. Why does Mr. Brewster say he can't get a gun?
(a) He doesn't have the money.
(b) He is sworn to peace.
(c) He can't leave his house.
(d) Guns are illegal.
4. Who took thirty dollars from the sale of Harold?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) The Judge.
5. What does Smelt say the Judge would sell his mother for?
(a) French fries.
(b) Pickled eggs.
(c) Chocolate bunnies.
(d) Sour pickels.
6. How does Reed say Homer helped him out?
(a) Dropped a piece of food for him to eat.
(b) Gave the energy to rip off his chains.
(c) Convinced Smelt and Stink to keep him alive.
(d) Let Mr. Brewster know he was alive.
7. Who does Homer think his uncle has gone to fetch?
(a) The hangman.
(b) The sherriff.
(c) The saloon owner.
(d) The soldiers.
8. Why does Homer say it wouldn't be a good idea to kill Samuel?
(a) They would be put on trial for murder.
(b) They could hand him in and become heroes.
(c) They could use him as their own slave.
(d) They could sell him.
9. What does Homer say is the closest town to where he lives?
(a) Pine Swamp.
(b) Funnel Cob.
(c) Bigot Place.
(d) Red Chilli.
10. Who does Smelt say Samuel will meet if he doesn't speak?
(a) His maker.
(b) His parents.
11. What is Squint laughing like when Homer gets the stone?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A rat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mole.
12. How did Homer's father die?
(a) He was hanged.
(b) He got lost in the desert.
(c) He was struck by lightning.
(d) A tree fell on him.
13. What does Homer say he was most scared of when he first moved in with his uncle?
(a) Starving to death.
(b) His mother haunting him.
(c) The cows attacking him.
(d) His broher disappearing.
14. Who was always the hero in Harold's stories?
15. What is the title of chapter thirteen?
(a) Home and Dry.
(b) A Wagonload of Hope.
(c) Free to Finish.
(d) Baseball and Other Sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Smelt say Reed should put down his weapon?
2. What does Homer say Stink smells worse than?
3. What does Smelt study Homer like?
4. What do Stink and Smelt want Homer to lie his way into?
5. Where does Harold think him and Homer could find work?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)