|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Brewster say he can't get a gun?
(a) He can't leave his house.
(b) Guns are illegal.
(c) He is sworn to peace.
(d) He doesn't have the money.
2. Who was always the hero in Harold's stories?
3. Where does Homer say he left his papers that proves he is the owner of the horse?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In a safe at his Uncle's bank.
(c) In a nearby hut.
(d) In a treasure chest buried in the woods.
4. What does Homer say scares him worse than the spiders?
(a) His Uncle's anger.
(b) Starving to death.
(d) Being on his own.
5. How does Mr. Brewster almost make the windows rattle?
(a) He yawns.
(b) He stamps his feet.
(c) He sighs.
(d) He claps his hands.
6. What does Homer say the cider in the cellar has turned into?
7. What state would Smelt and Stink have to return Samuel to?
8. What do Smelt's hard little eyes brighten up like?
(a) Green glass.
(b) The sun.
(c) Black glass.
(d) The moon.
9. Who took thirty dollars from the sale of Harold?
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The Judge.
10. What kind of meal does Mrs. Bean cook for Homer?
(a) Cinnamon toast.
(b) Pancakes and bacon.
(c) Biscuits and sausages.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
11. Who does Mr. Brewster say showed him the path?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Michael Douglas.
(c) Frederick Douglas.
(d) Malcolm X.
12. What is the title of chapter thirteen?
(a) Free to Finish.
(b) A Wagonload of Hope.
(c) Baseball and Other Sports.
(d) Home and Dry.
13. What is the title of chapter nine?
(a) Earth Quaker.
(b) Quakering in My Shoes.
(c) Quaker Talk.
(d) Quaker Attack.
14. What does Stink Mullins smells like?
(b) A dead man.
(d) A hog.
15. What does Homer say Bob is faster than?
(a) A hare.
(b) A rattle snake.
(c) A wasp sting.
(d) A bee sting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harold forced to join in chapter two?
2. What does Smelt study Homer like?
3. What does Mrs. Bean suggest made Homer talk so much?
4. Why does Homer say they call his town Smelt?
5. What is tormaline used for?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)