|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Homer decide he needs to do at the end of chapter three?
(a) Runaway and save Harold.
(b) Tell the authorities what Squint has done.
(c) Kill Squint.
(d) Become a priest.
2. What does Homer say Squint and Corny are busy doing as he makes his escape?
3. What does Homer use to dig through the dirt?
(a) A spade.
(b) The spindle.
(c) His hands.
(d) A spoon.
4. What part of Homer's body does Smelt tie a rope around?
(a) His arm.
(b) His neck.
(c) His waist.
(d) His leg.
5. What does Mrs. Bean say is amazing about the snake in Homer's story?
(a) It has a neck.
(b) It speaks.
(c) It has a spine.
(d) It smiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer say doesn't come easy to him?
2. Why does Corny think Squint is clever?
3. What does Mrs. Bean say is the only truthful part of what Homer is saying?
4. Why does Homer say they call his town Smelt?
5. What kind of meal does Mrs. Bean cook for Homer?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)