|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Homer say Smelt has all the charm of?
(a) An angry hippo.
(b) An energetic weasel.
(c) An energetic hyena.
(d) A tired skunk.
2. Why is it illegal for Harold to join the army?
(a) He is only seventeen.
(b) He has a bad injury to his knee.
(c) He was not born in America.
(d) He is registered as a female.
3. Why does Homer think Harold is bound to get killed?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is naive.
(c) He can't shoot a gun.
(d) He is brave.
4. Where does Samuel Reed say he was born?
(a) Great Britain.
(b) Rhode Island.
(c) Long Island.
5. What kind of meal does Mrs. Bean cook for Homer?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(b) Pancakes and bacon.
(c) Cinnamon toast.
(d) Biscuits and sausages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of chapter nine?
2. What does Homer decide he needs to do at the end of chapter three?
3. What does Mrs. Bean suggest made Homer talk so much?
4. Why does Homer say they call his town Smelt?
5. What does Smelt say is the name of his darky friend?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)