|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bradybury Fisher's prized valet in "High Stakes"?
2. Where do the Steptoes go at the end of the story?
3. Who does not want to sell the portrait?
4. How is the captured gentleman's habit of hitting a ball and shouting "Fore!" described in "The Coming of Gowf"?
5. What is Chibnall's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some townspeople root against Bingo's Christmas play production in "The Metropolitan Touch"?
2. Why does Cuthbert Banks join the Literary Society in "The Clicking of Cuthbert"?
3. Briefly explain the plot of "The Purity of the Turf".
4. What does Jeeves tell Cora about her song at the end of "Jeeves and the Song of Songs"?
5. What insight does Bertie have which he hopes will help him win bets in "The Great Sermon Handicap"?
6. How does Jeeves arrange for Bertie and company to come out on top in the egg-and-spoon race?
7. What is Rollo lead to believe that his niece has done in "The Awakening of Rollo Podmarsh"?
8. What troubles Lord Emsworth in the story "Pig-hoo-o-o-o-ey!"?
9. Who is Chibnall? Who is he engaged to? What does the couple like to read?
10. What deal does Mr. Duff make with Sally in order to obtain the portrait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the full-length novel in "The Most of P.G. Wodehouse," 'Quick Service'. What is this story about? Who are the main characters? Is it written in the same style as the short stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the pursuit of wealth in "The Most of P.G. Wodehouse." Who are some characters who are in pursuit of money or other material goods? Does Wodehouse depict this in a comedic or serious tone? Are these characters usually successful or unsuccessful in their pursuit?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the plot device 'deus ex machina'. Which stories contain this technique? Why might Wodehouse have used this technique? How does this plot device affect the tone and pace of the story?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)