|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teddy pretend to think Ukridge and his group are at the hospital?
(c) Distant family members.
2. What breed of dog does Ukridge believe he can train?
3. Where does Ukridge go to collect money from a shady-looking man?
(a) The race track.
(b) A pub.
(c) A train station.
(d) A gazebo at the beach.
4. Who does Corky intend to ask for help in raising capital for Ukridge?
(a) Bonzo Travers.
(b) Mrs. Wintergreen.
(c) J. G. "Looney" Coote.
(d) George Tupper.
5. Why do the girls lose interest in Percy and Nelson?
(a) Percy and Nelson act rudely.
(b) Percy and Nelson don't pay for their dates' meals.
(c) Percy's and Nelson's hats don't fit.
(d) Percy and Nelson bore the girls with their conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George make a point of doing everyday?
2. In "Farewell to All Cats," what is the name of Dahlia Prenderby's family estate?
3. What does Freddie swear off forever at the end of "Fate"?
4. What is Barmy and Pongo's professional relationship?
5. What is Percy's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scheme does Ukridge come up with in the story "Buttercup Day"?
2. In "Noblesse Oblige," what mistake does Freddie Widgeon make when he meets an 'old friend' in Cannes?
3. Why does Ukridge go to Market Deeping in "Ukridge and the Old Stepper," and whom does he fall in love with there?
4. How does Adrian end up receiving gifts and acceptance from influential people in "The Smile that Wins"?
5. How does Ukridge ruin his chances with Mabel in "A Bit of Luck for Mabel"?
6. Why does Drusilla break off her date with Freddie in "Noblesse Oblige"?
7. How is Ukridge outsmarted in "Buttercup Day"?
8. How is Osbert Mulliner threatened in "The Ordeal of Osbert Mulliner"?
9. In "Noblesse Oblige," why did the man Freddie met in Cannes think that they knew each other in school?
10. How does Percy ruin Ukridge's chances with Myrtle in "Ukridge and the Old Stepper"?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)