|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Osbert's valet?
2. What competition does Freddie judge in "Noblesse Oblige"?
(a) The Beautiful Baby competition.
(b) The Sunny Mother and Baby competition.
(c) The Sweet Face Baby competition.
(d) The Peasant Mothers Baby competition.
3. What does Ukridge intend to do with the dogs that he trains?
(a) Sell them to junkyards.
(b) Sell them to wealthy ladies.
(c) Sell them to Hollywood filmmakers.
(d) Give them to the blind.
4. Where does Ukridge live?
(d) Merton Park.
5. How much did Freddie think he would be paid at the competition?
(a) Fifty francs.
(b) Five thousand francs.
(c) Five francs.
(d) Five hundred francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Ukbridge's aunt's possessions are stolen by a crook in "Buttercup Day"?
2. Where does Ukridge go to collect money from a shady-looking man?
3. Captain Jack brags about being experienced with ________.
4. What building do Ukridge and Bertie see Teddy exiting in "Ukridge's Accident Syndicate"?
5. In "Farewell to All Cats," what is the name of Dahlia Prenderby's family estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title "Tried in the Furnace"?
2. How is Osbert Mulliner threatened in "The Ordeal of Osbert Mulliner"?
3. What scheme does Ukridge come up with in the story "Buttercup Day"?
4. What problems does Ukridge encounter because of his money-making scheme in "Ukridge's Dog College"?
5. How does George plan to overcome his stammer in "The Truth About George"?
6. How does Archibald disguise himself in "The Reverent Wooing of Archibald"?
7. How is Barmy and Pongo's relationship strengthened by their mutual love for Angelia Briscoe?
8. How is Ukridge outsmarted in "Buttercup Day"?
9. Why does Mavis leave Freddie in "Fate"?
10. How does Ukridge ruin his chances with Mabel in "A Bit of Luck for Mabel"?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)