|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Archibald's friends tells him that Aurelia has a literary mind?
2. Which of Ukbridge's aunt's possessions are stolen by a crook in "Buttercup Day"?
(a) Her paintings by John Constable.
(b) Her snuffboxes.
(c) Her silverware.
(d) Her Ming vases.
3. What is Percy's surname?
4. According to Teddy, what would motivate him to be injured?
(a) A new car.
(b) A job for his wife.
(c) A sunny holiday.
5. How much did Freddie think he would be paid at the competition?
(a) Five thousand francs.
(b) Five francs.
(c) Five hundred francs.
(d) Fifty francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barmy and Pongo's professional relationship?
2. Who is George's love?
3. What does Freddie find on his bed in "Farewell to All Cats"?
4. What does Wilfred do for a living?
5. What does Bashford threaten to do if he cannot have Mabel for himself in "The Ordeal of Osbert Mulliner"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley Ukridge seek to make his fortune in "Ukridge's Dog College"?
2. In "The Ordeal of Osbert Mulliner," why does Bashford become afraid of Osbert?
3. In "A Slice of Life," what does Wilfred believe has happened when he finds out that Angela has called off their engagement?
4. How does Archibald disguise himself in "The Reverent Wooing of Archibald"?
5. How does George plan to overcome his stammer in "The Truth About George"?
6. What is the significance of the title "Tried in the Furnace"?
7. In "Noblesse Oblige," what mistake does Freddie Widgeon make when he meets an 'old friend' in Cannes?
8. In "Noblesse Oblige," why did the man Freddie met in Cannes think that they knew each other in school?
9. How is Osbert Mulliner threatened in "The Ordeal of Osbert Mulliner"?
10. How is Barmy and Pongo's relationship strengthened by their mutual love for Angelia Briscoe?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)