|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Freddie think he would be paid at the competition?
(a) Five hundred francs.
(b) Fifty francs.
(c) Five thousand francs.
(d) Five francs.
2. In "Fate" who sits on Freddie's lap?
(a) Mrs. Silvers.
(b) Aubrey Upjohn.
(c) Freddie's fiancee.
(d) A ginger cat.
3. What is the name of Freddie's fiancee?
4. Who do Percy and Nelson purchase hats from?
5. What is the title of the short story about Percy and Nelson?
(a) Birth of a Salesman.
(b) The Bishop's Move.
(c) The Amazing Hat Mystery.
(d) The Custody of the Pumpkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Corky intend to ask for help in raising capital for Ukridge?
2. According to Teddy, what would motivate him to be injured?
3. What does Angelica do for a living?
4. What is Rosalie Beamish working on with Captain Jack Fosdyke on in "Monkey Business"?
5. In "A Bit of Luck for Mabe,l" where had Ukridge joined the social world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Adrian end up receiving gifts and acceptance from influential people in "The Smile that Wins"?
2. What is the significance of the title "Tried in the Furnace"?
3. How is Ukridge outsmarted in "Buttercup Day"?
4. What does Ukridge do in "A Bit of Luck for Mabel" to get kicked out of his aunt's house?
5. What problems does Ukridge encounter because of his money-making scheme in "Ukridge's Dog College"?
6. Why does Drusilla break off her date with Freddie in "Noblesse Oblige"?
7. How does Archibald disguise himself in "The Reverent Wooing of Archibald"?
8. How is Barmy and Pongo's relationship strengthened by their mutual love for Angelia Briscoe?
9. How did Freddie develop his dislike for cats as explained in "Farewell to All Cats"?
10. How does Ukridge ruin his chances with Mabel in "A Bit of Luck for Mabel"?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)