|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Sanchez's lover name herself?
2. What do Bukowski and Linda enjoy watching in "3 Women?"
(b) Silent movies.
(d) The playground.
3. What news does Bukowski receive at the end of "The Most Beautiful Woman in Town?"
(a) Cass has been hit by a car.
(b) Cass has left him for another man.
(c) Cass is pregnant.
(d) Cass has committed suicide.
4. What does Danforth convince Bagley would be a good idea after the latter is subjected to their agency's service?
(a) Bagley is going to start relinquishing his paycheck to Danforth.
(b) Bagley should watch Danforth have sex with his wife.
(c) Bagley is going to secure prostitutes for Danforth at their office.
(d) Bagley is going to jump off of a tall building.
5. What is the subject of the picture Sanchez shows Bukowski?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Bukowski attempt to get at the Farm Labor Market in "3 Women?"
2. While publishing the story about Bukowski's search for Gloria Westhaven, what is the mode of transportation changed to for purposes of classing up the story?
3. Which of the following does Bukowski not have sex with in "3 Women?"
4. What sort of charges result from the publication of Joe and Cherry's newpaper?
5. What does Bukowski ultimately do with the stories he has clipped from the newspapers about his search for Gloria Westhaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the "3 Chickens" and what purpose do they serve in this story?
2. Describe Bukowski's experiences in delivering papers.
3. What are Bukowski's feelings about the women at the race track in "Non-Horseshit Horse Advice; and Another Horse Story?"
4. Describe Bukowski's relationship with Vicki.
5. In "Another Horse Story," how does Bukowski reconcile his anger at being parodied in the magazine?
6. What is the purpose of the Satisfactory Help Agency?
7. In "Twelve Flying Monkeys Who Won't Copulate Properly," what conclusions does Bukowski draw about his lifestyle as a writer?
8. Of what is Henry warned and how are these warnings dismissed in "Six Inches?"
9. Why does Cass self-mutilate?
10. What is Tanya's purpose, according to Von Brashlitz, and why does she rebel?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)