|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bukowski stay while he looks for Gloria Westhaven?
(a) Gloria's sister's house.
(c) Art gallery.
2. What does Bukowski ultimately do with the stories he has clipped from the newspapers about his search for Gloria Westhaven?
(a) He throws them away.
(b) He gives them to Gloria.
(c) He buries them by her house.
(d) He publishes them in a book.
3. What is Henry Jones's job?
(b) Meat-packing plant employee.
(c) Shipping clerk.
(d) Administrative assistant.
4. What is the name of the bar where Von Brashlitz sets up his sex machine for the men?
(a) Last Call.
(c) Sunset Beach.
5. What job does Bukowski attempt to get at the Farm Labor Market in "3 Women?"
(c) Tomato picker.
(d) Truck driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the way Bukowski intends to prepare the titular "3 Chickens?"
2. What does Danforth convince Bagley would be a good idea after the latter is subjected to their agency's service?
3. For what reason is Bukowski approved for a blood transfusion?
4. What service does Danforth provide with his agency in "The Gut-Wringing Machine?"
5. According to Bukowski, where is Kid Stardust a champion athlete?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bukowski find Gloria Westhaven?
2. What are some of Sanchez's hobbies and talents in "Ten Jack-offs?"
3. How does Henry survive after killing Sarah with a hat pin?
4. How does Danforth take advantage of Bagley after the latter is run through the machine in their office?
5. Describe Bukowski's life with Linda in "3 Women."
6. Why does Cass self-mutilate?
7. Describe the events that lead up to Tanya's demise.
8. Of what is Henry warned and how are these warnings dismissed in "Six Inches?"
9. Who is Kathy and what is her relationship to Bukowski?
10. Why does Bukowski blame himself for Cass's suicide?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)