|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite her passion for Bukowski, to what is Cass averse?
(a) Living together.
(c) Pre-marital sex.
2. To what is Sarah extremely opposed in "Six Inches?"
(a) Birth control.
(b) Population growth.
(c) Out-of-wedlock pregnancies.
(d) Pre-marital sex.
3. What service does Danforth provide with his agency in "The Gut-Wringing Machine?"
(a) Rebellious workers are dismembered and are no longer the company's problem.
(b) People's complacency is removed and they begin to rebel.
(c) People are transformed into docile workers.
(d) Danforth removes any worries not related to work from someone's mind.
4. When Bukowski closes the folding bed into the wall in "3 Chickens," what injury does Vicki sustain?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A black eye.
(c) Three broken ribs.
(d) A concussion.
5. What sight depresses Bukowski the morning after his drunken bender in "Ten Jack-offs?"
(a) Sanchez has emptied all of Bukowski's alcohol in the sink.
(b) Sanchez and Kaakaa sleeping together on the couch.
(c) Kaakaa is crying in bed alone.
(d) Kaakaa is reciting poetry to Sanchez.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Bukowski's absence, how did Cass attempt suicide?
2. Where do the women go the morning after Bukowski has slept with each of them in "3 Women?"
3. What percentage does a track take on every dollar bet, according to Bukowski's horse-wagering explanations?
4. Why is Joe unable to commit suicide after his paper folds?
5. What job does Bukowski take on temporarily after losing a good sum of money at the track in "25 Bums in Rags?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cass drawn to Bukowski?
2. Why does Cass self-mutilate?
3. For what reasons is Bukowski satisfied with being evicted at the end of "3 Women?"
4. How does Danforth take advantage of Bagley after the latter is run through the machine in their office?
5. Why does Bukowski buy cigarettes for Harry in "Life and Death in the Charity Ward?"
6. How does Henry survive after killing Sarah with a hat pin?
7. Describe Bukowski's life with Linda in "3 Women."
8. Who is Kathy and what is her relationship to Bukowski?
9. Of what is Henry warned and how are these warnings dismissed in "Six Inches?"
10. Describe Bukowski's job and why he quits.
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)