|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While publishing the story about Bukowski's search for Gloria Westhaven, what is the mode of transportation changed to for purposes of classing up the story?
2. What part of her body does Cass pierce with a hat pin in front of Bukowski?
3. Why does Tanya refuse to prostitute herself out anymore?
(a) She has fallen in love with the narrator.
(b) She is in love with Von Brashlitz.
(c) She wants to start a new life.
(d) She is never given a share of the money.
4. What does Bukowski do with Cass on their first night together that surprises her?
(a) He waits until morning to initiate sex.
(b) He reads her some of his poetry.
(c) He massages her back.
(d) He cooks her dinner and lets her use his shower.
5. How much money does Bukowski win at the end of "25 Bums in Rags?"
6. When Vicki returns home at the end of "3 Chickens," what does she discover?
(a) Bukowski has overdosed on drugs.
(b) Bukowski is moving out.
(c) Bukowski and Margi are having sex.
(d) Bukowski has prepared dinner for her.
7. Where does Henry stab Sarah with the hat pin?
8. What is the name of the bar where Von Brashlitz sets up his sex machine for the men?
(b) Last Call.
(c) Sunset Beach.
9. What happens to Bukowski in regard to his apartment at the end of "3 Women?"
(a) The apartment catches on fire from his cigarette.
(b) He gains a new roommate.
(c) He is evicted.
(d) Linda's friends pay for three months rent for him.
10. What does Danforth allow Bagley to do to him while in the car?
(a) Massage his shoulders.
(b) Cut the skin from his hand.
(c) Perform oral sex on him.
(d) Punch him repeatedly in the side.
11. What do Bukowski and Linda enjoy watching in "3 Women?"
(c) Silent movies.
(d) The playground.
12. What is the first thing Bukowski does when he is discharged from the hospital?
(a) Drinks a beer.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Writes a story about his experiences.
(d) Has sex with his ex-wife.
13. When Bukowski returns to town, what has Cass done to her body that upsets him?
(c) Burn marks.
14. What is the subject of the picture Sanchez shows Bukowski?
15. What does Cass find attractive about Bukowski?
(a) His anger.
(b) His writing.
(c) His status as an outlaw.
(d) His ugliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski buy for Harry?
2. According to Bukowski, what climbs higher with each race at the horse tracks?
3. For whom does Sanchez's lover name herself?
4. Where does Bukowski go after he quits his job at the end of "Kid Stardust on the Porterhouse?"
5. What is significant about the way Bukowski intends to prepare the titular "3 Chickens?"
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)