|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bukowski touched by Gloria Westhaven when she gets off the bus in Texas?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is angry about the state of politics in Texas.
(c) She is joyful about coming home to Texas.
(d) She is depressed over the loss of her husband.
2. What sort of charges result from the publication of Joe and Cherry's newpaper?
(a) Disorderly conduct.
(b) Incention to riot.
(d) Public drunkenness.
3. What is the first thing Bukowski does when he is discharged from the hospital?
(a) Has sex with his ex-wife.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Drinks a beer.
(d) Writes a story about his experiences.
4. From where does Bukowski claim to have pulled Kathy in "25 Bums in Rags?"
(a) A gin mill.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A nunnery.
(d) A poorhouse.
5. To what is Sarah extremely opposed in "Six Inches?"
(a) Population growth.
(b) Birth control.
(c) Pre-marital sex.
(d) Out-of-wedlock pregnancies.
6. How many times did Sanchez have to retake the picture to get it just right?
7. Because of a huge win at the racetracks, at what hotel does Bukowski rent a luxury room?
(a) The Grand Hotel.
(b) The Hilton in New York.
(c) Del Mar.
(d) The Renaissance.
8. Despite his talent, about what does Sanchez not particularly care?
9. What does Henry claim to be when he rents a room at the Sunset Motel?
(b) Dress maker.
(c) Shipping clerk.
(d) Film actor.
10. What is the religion of Bukowski's coworkers in "Kid Stardust on the Porterhouse?"
11. In "Life in a Texas Whorehouse," what is Bukowski's original destination upon leaving Los Angeles?
(a) New York.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
12. What is Henry Jones's job?
(a) Meat-packing plant employee.
(c) Shipping clerk.
(d) Administrative assistant.
13. What part of her body does Cass pierce with a hat pin in front of Bukowski?
14. When Bukowski closes the folding bed into the wall in "3 Chickens," what injury does Vicki sustain?
(a) A black eye.
(b) A concussion.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) Three broken ribs.
15. When Bukowski returns to town, what has Cass done to her body that upsets him?
(d) Burn marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "3 Chickens," who is Margi?
2. What does Bukowski ultimately do with the stories he has clipped from the newspapers about his search for Gloria Westhaven?
3. What does Bukowski buy for Harry?
4. What concerns Bukowski when he finds himself in the ambulance during "Life and Death in the Charity Ward?"
5. What do Bukowski and Linda enjoy watching in "3 Women?"
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)