|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is interrogated about his column in Joe and Cherry's newspaper, what other charge is brought to Bukowski's attention?
(a) He was brought up on charges of spousal abuse in his earlier years.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) His delinquincy in child support payments.
(d) He once skipped paying bail after a drunken bender.
2. What does Bukowski ultimately do with the stories he has clipped from the newspapers about his search for Gloria Westhaven?
(a) He publishes them in a book.
(b) He gives them to Gloria.
(c) He buries them by her house.
(d) He throws them away.
3. What is Henry Jones's job?
(a) Shipping clerk.
(c) Administrative assistant.
(d) Meat-packing plant employee.
4. When Vicki returns home at the end of "3 Chickens," what does she discover?
(a) Bukowski is moving out.
(b) Bukowski has overdosed on drugs.
(c) Bukowski and Margi are having sex.
(d) Bukowski has prepared dinner for her.
5. What is the name of Bagley and Danforth's business?
(a) The Satisfactory Help Agency.
(b) GWM Agency.
(c) Danforth and Co.
(d) B & D's Ultra-Efficiency Corporation.
6. What job does Bukowski attempt to get at the Farm Labor Market in "3 Women?"
(a) Tomato picker.
(d) Truck driver.
7. Which of the following countries is Borst planning on visiting?
8. What happens to Bukowski in regard to his apartment at the end of "3 Women?"
(a) He gains a new roommate.
(b) Linda's friends pay for three months rent for him.
(c) The apartment catches on fire from his cigarette.
(d) He is evicted.
9. At what holiday party does Henry meet Sarah in "Six Inches?"
(a) Halloween party.
(b) New Year's Eve party.
(c) Christmas party.
(d) Easter party.
10. What part of her body does Cass pierce with a hat pin in front of Bukowski?
11. What do Bukowski and Linda enjoy watching in "3 Women?"
(c) The playground.
(d) Silent movies.
12. In what sport does Bukowski have his persona, Kid Stardust, excel?
13. What is the religion of Bukowski's coworkers in "Kid Stardust on the Porterhouse?"
14. What percentage does a track take on every dollar bet, according to Bukowski's horse-wagering explanations?
15. What is the occupation of Barney Anderson in "The Gut-Wringing Machine?"
(a) Deep-sea diver.
(c) Shipping clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the picture Sanchez shows Bukowski?
2. What is the first thing Bukowski does when he is discharged from the hospital?
3. To what does Bukowski compare gambling in "Non-Horseshit Horse Advice; and Another Horse Story?"
4. What service does Danforth provide with his agency in "The Gut-Wringing Machine?"
5. To what is Sarah extremely opposed in "Six Inches?"
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)