|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Beard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madge choose horses to bet on in "The Beginner?"
(a) She flips a coin.
(b) She picks the best-looking horses.
(c) She picks the ones whose names she likes.
(d) She sits down next to an old gambler and has him pick for her.
2. What do Joe and Cherry Hyans not like about Bukowski in "The Birth, Life and Death of an Underground Newspaper?"
(a) His drunken behavior.
(b) His penchant to date unstable women.
(c) His gambling addictions.
(d) His inability to hold a job.
3. What language is expressly forbidden around Hitler-as-the-President in "Swastika?"
4. Where does Henry stab Sarah with the hat pin?
5. What does Mason tell James Burkett to do in "All the Great Writers?"
(a) Move to a different city.
(b) Not to quit his day job.
(c) Study Bukowski for inspiration.
(d) Find a new publisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: Surgeons replace the president's brain and ________ with those of Hitler's.
2. For how long does Bukowski leave town in "The Most Beautiful Woman in Town?"
3. Which of the following is not a trait shared by Bukowski and Jeff in "A Drinking Partner?"
4. What does Talbot swear to do one night in the future?
5. According to the patients at the institution, what probably drove the man who claims to be president (though looks like Hitler) crazy?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)