|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Beard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy throw a book at Bukowski?
(a) He accuses her of cheating on him with the paperboy.
(b) He shows up drunk and wants to have sex with her.
(c) He suggests that she is going to sleep with the old man next door when he leaves.
(d) She comes to believe that he is cheating on her.
2. What does Bukowski buy for Harry?
(c) A burger.
3. What does Jeff do that incites a round of violence in "A Drinking Partner," shocking and disgusting Bukowski?
(a) Shoves a pregnant woman down the stairs.
(b) Threatens to beat their waitress.
(c) Pushes a nun onto a busy road.
(d) Breaks a chair over a man's head.
4. What is the little girl in "The Fiend" wearing that catches Blanchard's attention?
(a) Mary Janes.
(b) A pink dress.
(c) A bow in her hair.
(d) Ruffled panties.
5. What service does Danforth provide with his agency in "The Gut-Wringing Machine?"
(a) People's complacency is removed and they begin to rebel.
(b) Rebellious workers are dismembered and are no longer the company's problem.
(c) Danforth removes any worries not related to work from someone's mind.
(d) People are transformed into docile workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what name is Hitler living in "Swastika?"
2. At what address are the surgeries on the president of the United States performed in "Swastika?"
3. What does Blanchard tell the cops that results in the two officers reacting with violence?
4. Why does Tanya refuse to prostitute herself out anymore?
5. What is the religion of Bukowski's coworkers in "Kid Stardust on the Porterhouse?"
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)