|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beginner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madge choose horses to bet on in "The Beginner?"
(a) She flips a coin.
(b) She sits down next to an old gambler and has him pick for her.
(c) She picks the ones whose names she likes.
(d) She picks the best-looking horses.
2. Who stars in the movie that the narrator of "Trouble with a Battery" tries to discuss with the prostitute?
(a) Bing Crosby.
(b) Leslie Howard.
(c) Marlon Brando.
(d) Karl Malden.
3. In what mood is Bukowski at the end of "The Day We Talked About James Thurber?"
4. Why does Tanya refuse to prostitute herself out anymore?
(a) She wants to start a new life.
(b) She is never given a share of the money.
(c) She has fallen in love with the narrator.
(d) She is in love with Von Brashlitz.
5. What is the name of Joe and Cherry's underground newspaper?
(a) Open Pussy.
(b) Government Approved Fellatio.
(c) Brand Sex.
(d) Gaze Into the Abyss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tony and Bill do to the corpse before disposing of it at the end of the story?
2. According to Bill, what animals will probably attack the corpse off of Venice Beach?
3. How many languages does Andre speak?
4. According to the U.S. State Department, what protects American citizens?
5. Why does Bukowski punch Andre's male admirer in the face?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)