|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beginner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mason, what sort of product must he push in order to make a profit in his business?
(a) Books that will sell.
(b) Flashing advertising.
(d) Premium electronics.
2. In the bar, what is the occupation of the man that is "sort of" the prostitute's husband?
(a) Musical entertainment.
3. What is the name of the hospital in "The Copulating Mermaid of Venice, California?"
(a) Brain Hospital.
(b) Heart Hospital.
(c) Liver Hospital.
(d) Stomach Hospital.
4. What is the occupation of Barney Anderson in "The Gut-Wringing Machine?"
(b) Deep-sea diver.
(d) Shipping clerk.
5. How much money does Mason give Ainsworth Hockley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Joe and Cherry Hyans not like about Bukowski in "The Birth, Life and Death of an Underground Newspaper?"
2. From where does Bukowski claim to have pulled Kathy in "25 Bums in Rags?"
3. For how long does Bukowski leave town in "The Most Beautiful Woman in Town?"
4. What does Bukowski believe has brought on his illness when he is brought to the hospital?
5. What happens to Bukowski in regard to his apartment at the end of "3 Women?"
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)