|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Lovely Love Affair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Bukowski speak when he is with Wendy?
(a) Bukowski's ex-wife.
(b) James Thurber.
(d) Ezra Pound.
2. Like many of his contemporaries (including Bukowski), on what has Andre been cheated?
(a) Magazine positions.
(b) Book deals.
(c) Speaking engagements.
(d) Movie contracts.
3. According to the police, what must Vicki do at the end of "3 Chickens?"
(a) Press charges against Margi for assault.
(b) Increase her monthly protection payments.
(c) Leave the city forever.
(d) Divorce Bukowski.
4. What is Bukowski's alias in "A Lovely Love Affair?"
(a) Alan Smithee.
(b) Charlie Serkin.
(c) Terrence Huxley.
(d) Michael Stones.
5. On the first morning Charlie stays with Marie, what does she leave behind?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Her photo albums.
(c) Her checkbook.
(d) Her diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the way Bukowski intends to prepare the titular "3 Chickens?"
2. In what mood is Bukowski at the end of "The Day We Talked About James Thurber?"
3. What causes Bukowski to vomit in "The Day We Talked About James Thurber?"
4. When Bukowski closes the folding bed into the wall in "3 Chickens," what injury does Vicki sustain?
5. Why does Charlie leave Marie's apartment after sleeping with her?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)