|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davis do to drum up sympathy?
(a) Begins talking about his children.
(b) Weeps at the end of his speeches.
(c) Stops wearing his social arm.
(d) Begins to limp.
2. How large is the laser gun infantry that Nielsen commands?
3. According to Prof, what is perfection in war?
(a) Delivering attacks quickly enough that your opponent has no time to retaliate.
(b) Sapping your opponent's will so that he surrenders without fighting.
(c) Feigning surrender, then striking back when your opponent feels secure.
(d) Causing the most casualties with the least amount of force.
4. What arrangement does Davis make with the scientists who rigged the equipment?
(a) If they self-police, they may proceed.
(b) They may transmit news to Terra as long as it is censored by Mike first.
(c) There is no agreement; Davis does not want them to know he is aware of the equipment.
(d) They will be killed if they are found doing anything similar again.
5. What country objects to Davis and Prof's usage of the term "Warden"?
(c) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Davis feel that Loonies don't owe the Authority anything?
2. What is the Chairman's main concern?
3. What is the major factor that allowed the Loonies to win the "Battle of Corridors"?
4. For what is Davis arrested?
5. Who has the floor during the first Congress meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the benefits of using a catapult for shipping as explained by Davis to Dr. Chan?
2. What does LaJoie tell Davis when he wakes up in the hospital?
3. What does Davis hate about North Americans?
4. How is the trip to Terra for Davis?
5. What is the Chairman's response to Davis and Prof at the end of chapter 16?
6. What is Davis' rebuttal to the idea that Luna owes the Authority for being able to live tax-free?
7. What is the outcome of "Operation Hard Rock"?
8. What happens to Mike at the end of the novel?
9. What are the Committee members' objections to Prof's speech?
10. What happens at the Davis family's dinner in chapter 15?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)