|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "The Untimely Death of Miss Jebeen the First".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Naga secured an entry permit in 1996 to meet with Ashfaq Mir?
2. Who was Tilo's mother?
(a) Maryam Ipe.
(b) Jahanara Begum.
(c) Nimmo Gorakhpuri.
3. Alongside how many others was Miss Jebeen and her mother buried?
4. The narrator in Chapter 9 describes Miss Jebeen as becoming one of the greatest martyrs of what movement?
(a) The Maharashtra movement.
(b) The Chuar movement.
(c) The Kabul movement.
(d) The Kashmiri movement.
5. What prompted Saddam Hussein to change his name?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His love of Italy.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His embracing of Judaism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator of Chapter 7 long to return?
2. The poison that wiped out the white-backed vultures was used as a relaxant on what animals?
3. Who is described as the "blind imam who had once led the prayers in the Fatehpuri Masjid" in Chapter 1?
4. What does the protagonist in Chapter 1 use to sooth her hurts and blows?
5. For how long does the narrator say the white-backed vultures have been the custodians of the dead in the Prologue?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)