|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "The Untimely Death of Miss Jebeen the First".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the messenger tell Tilo that Musa would meet her after his escape in Chapter 9?
(a) After the Sound and Light Show.
(b) After the massacre ended.
(c) After Gulrez's funeral.
(d) After Aijaz's funeral.
2. What do the protagonist and the Englishman share with one another in Chapter 1?
(a) A plate of rice.
(b) A Coca Cola.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
3. Who does the narrator say moved in with Anjum at her home in the cemetery in Chapter 2?
(a) Amrik Singh.
(b) Biplab Dasgupta.
(c) Mulaqat Ali.
(d) Zakir Mian.
4. Where does the narrator describe Tilo meeting Musa alongside an entourage of orphan boys in Chapter 8?
(a) The Yellow Bridge.
(b) The Red Fort.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The Blue Fort.
5. From what types of trees does the narrator describe the flying foxes unhinging themselves in the Prologue?
(a) Banyan trees.
(b) Willow trees.
(c) Elm trees.
(d) Oak tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the address printed on the mailbox where Saddam left a calling card in Chapter 5?
2. What incident did Dr. Azad Bhartiya refer to as "the second assassination attempt" (135) on him in Chapter 4?
3. From what point of view is Chapter 8 related?
4. How is the narrative style in the beginning of Chapter 7 different from the narrative perspective in the majority of the novel?
5. What object belonging to the mother is described as touching the baby's skin in Chapter 6?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)