|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: "Dr. Azad Bhartiya," Chapter 5: "The Slow-Goose Chase," and Chapter 6: "Some Questions for Later".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that the woman in the window was happy when the baby fell asleep?
(a) Because it was her sister's.
(b) Because it was a girl.
(c) Because it was not hers.
(d) Because it was hers.
2. What did Anjum name the little three-year-old girl she found on the steps of Jama Masjid?
3. What come home after the bats leave, according to the narrator in the Prologue?
(a) The crows.
(b) The doves.
(c) The wolves.
(d) The bears.
4. What does "la ilaha" (13) translate to in English?
(a) "Allah as God."
(b) "There is no God."
(c) "Praise Allah."
(d) "The love of God."
5. What is the name of the mare described following the rickshaw in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the protagonist and the Englishman share with one another in Chapter 1?
2. What name refers to Aftab later in life?
3. From what types of trees does the narrator describe the flying foxes unhinging themselves in the Prologue?
4. Who is described as a building contractor and Anjun's friend who visited her at the cemetery in Chapter 2?
5. How many siblings did Afrab have when he/she was born?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)