|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: "Khwabgah" (pages 62-99) and Chapter 3: "The Nativity".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the soldiers save Anjum's life, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(a) Because they believed it was bad luck to kill a hijra.
(b) Because she held them at gunpoint until they fled.
(c) Because she was pregnant.
(d) Because she was in disguise.
2. Who is the self-described sexologist that Mulaqat Ali took his son to see first?
(a) Saddam Hussein.
(b) Musa Yeswi.
(c) Dr. Ghulum Nabi.
(d) Amrik Singh.
3. What does the word "chamar" translate to in English?
4. What come home after the bats leave, according to the narrator in the Prologue?
(a) The bears.
(b) The crows.
(c) The wolves.
(d) The doves.
5. Who does the narrator say moved in with Anjum at her home in the cemetery in Chapter 2?
(a) Biplab Dasgupta.
(b) Mulaqat Ali.
(c) Amrik Singh.
(d) Zakir Mian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in the novel refers to the shrines over the grave of a revered religious figure?
2. What word in Chapter 2 refers to a Muslim religious ascetic who lives on alms?
3. What do the protagonist and the Englishman share with one another in Chapter 1?
4. Who was the love of Hazrat Sarmad Shaheed's life for whom he traveled to Delhi?
5. From what types of trees does the narrator describe the flying foxes unhinging themselves in the Prologue?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)