|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norah's main worry about the fossils David gives to Paul?
2. What does Paul do in school that shows his thriving status there?
3. Why does Caroline try to slap a nurse?
4. What does Al do to calm Caroline down?
5. What is the name of Tim's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Caroline realize that she has to keep Phoebe?
2. Why did David choose his profession?
3. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
4. What does David think about while looking at a geode?
5. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
6. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
7. Why are Norah and David vacationing in Aruba?
8. Why did meeting David cause Caroline to give up her dreams?
9. What happens while Norah is driving home on the night of her anniversary?
10. How does Caroline feel about her parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main differences between Phoebe and most of the other people around her? How did some people respond to these differences?
Essay Topic 2
Al is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Music was something that was incredibly important to Paul. Why was this so important to him, and how did this shape his character and guide his actions in the book?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)