|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul do in school that shows his thriving status there?
2. What makes people who visit Norah and her baby feel awkward?
3. What is a Mongolid?
4. Where does Caroline agree to marry Al?
5. How does Norah feel when David suggests that she hire someone to help her with a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norah do to calm her nerves while Paul is in school?
2. What happens when Norah tries to get rid of the wasps nest?
3. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
4. Why are Norah and David vacationing in Aruba?
5. What does Paul want to do with his future?
6. What interrupts the party Norah planned?
7. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
8. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
9. Why is Caroline so surprised when she sees a notice for Phoebe's memorial service?
10. How did David and Norah meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Photography was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)