|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mark and David have in common?
2. What is Norah's main worry about the fossils David gives to Paul?
3. How does Caroline describe her parents?
4. What happens when Caroline sees David sleeping at his desk?
5. What is David's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
2. What does Norah say she hates about David?
3. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
4. What does David think about while looking at a geode?
5. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
6. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
7. What happens when David comes to visit Caroline at her apartment?
8. What does Norah think when Bree talks about her boyfriend betraying her?
9. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
10. What does David do after Norah gives birth, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main differences between Phoebe and most of the other people around her? How did some people respond to these differences?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)