|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the book?
2. What is engraved on the gift that Norah got for David for their anniversary?
3. Where does Caroline decide to move after deciding to keep the baby?
4. What does Norah's sister suggest she do to help her cope with losing a child at birth?
5. Where did David meet Norah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't David like Mark?
2. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
3. What was Caroline's biggest dream before she met David?
4. What does Norah do while visiting her old house?
5. What does Norah ask David not to do at the party, and why?
6. What does David think about while looking at a geode?
7. What happens unexpectedly when Norah gives birth?
8. What does Norah think when Bree talks about her boyfriend betraying her?
9. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
10. What does Phoebe do when she sees Al has come to visit Caroline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Kim Edwards in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)