|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norah feel about sending Paul to school?
2. How does Norah's sister describe Norah's tidy life?
3. What does Phoebe have an allergic reaction to?
4. Why does Caroline try to slap a nurse?
5. Where does David send money for Caroline?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norah do to calm her nerves while Paul is in school?
2. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
3. What does Norah do when she goes to see Howard?
4. What did David promise Norah when he saw the gift she got for him for their anniversary?
5. What does Norah say she hates about David?
6. What happens when Norah tries to get rid of the wasps nest?
7. Why is Caroline so surprised when she sees a notice for Phoebe's memorial service?
8. Why did Doro never get married?
9. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
10. When does Caroline realize that she has to keep Phoebe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the main differences between Phoebe and most of the other people around her? How did some people respond to these differences?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)