|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David send money for Caroline?
2. How long after they met were David and Norah married?
3. What does David send every time he hears from Caroline?
4. What happens when Caroline sees David sleeping at his desk?
5. Who does David see when he thinks of Phoebe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
2. What interrupts the party Norah planned?
3. What does David do after Norah gives birth, and why?
4. What does Norah think when Bree talks about her boyfriend betraying her?
5. What does Norah do to calm her nerves while Paul is in school?
6. How does Caroline feel about her parents?
7. What does Norah ask David not to do at the party, and why?
8. What does Norah do while visiting her old house?
9. What does Paul want to do with his future?
10. What happens unexpectedly when Norah gives birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)