|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul do in school that shows his thriving status there?
2. Where does Norah go with the present she got for David for their anniversary?
3. Where does Al sleep after helping Caroline get home?
4. What is Al's occupation?
5. What does David send every time he hears from Caroline?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interrupts the party Norah planned?
2. Why doesn't David like Mark?
3. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
4. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
5. What does Norah say she hates about David?
6. Why did meeting David cause Caroline to give up her dreams?
7. What does Phoebe do when she sees Al has come to visit Caroline?
8. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
9. What does Caroline tell her nosy neighbor after Al is seen at her house?
10. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Photography was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)