|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norah name her healthy son?
2. Why does David know so much about heart conditions?
3. What is the disabled child named?
4. What kind of life did Caroline's parents try to prepare her for?
5. What does Phoebe have an allergic reaction to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norah do to calm her nerves while Paul is in school?
2. How did David and Norah meet?
3. What was Caroline's biggest dream before she met David?
4. What does Norah do when she goes to see Howard?
5. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
6. What happens when Norah tries to get rid of the wasps nest?
7. What does Norah say she hates about David?
8. What did David promise Norah when he saw the gift she got for him for their anniversary?
9. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
10. What does David think about while looking at a geode?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in this book, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Kim Edwards in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)