Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David know so much about heart conditions?
2. Where does Caroline decide to move after deciding to keep the baby?
3. How does Caroline describe the place she was told to leave the disabled child?
4. What is the name of Caroline's roommate?
5. How many students died at a University in Ohio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
2. What does David think about while looking at a geode?
3. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
4. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
5. What does David do after Norah gives birth, and why?
6. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
7. How does Caroline feel about her parents?
8. Why are Norah and David vacationing in Aruba?
9. What did David promise Norah when he saw the gift she got for him for their anniversary?
10. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Photography was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)