|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who betrays Norah's sister?
2. What does David scold Paul for while he is working with his photos?
3. What happened to the ROTC building on campus?
4. What does Norah run into with her car on her anniversary?
5. Why are Down's Syndrome children NOT accepted into public schools?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did David promise Norah when he saw the gift she got for him for their anniversary?
2. What does Norah say she hates about David?
3. What was Caroline's biggest dream before she met David?
4. What does Norah do when she goes to see Howard?
5. Why doesn't David like Mark?
6. Why did David choose his profession?
7. Why did meeting David cause Caroline to give up her dreams?
8. What does Phoebe do when she sees Al has come to visit Caroline?
9. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
10. Why did Doro never get married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)