|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Al's occupation?
2. Where did David's parents never feel comfortable?
3. Why did Caroline's roommate never get married?
4. Why does Norah regret buying David the camera?
5. What was Norah given to help her with the pain of labor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did David choose his profession?
2. Why does David not want to have another child with Norah?
3. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
4. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
5. Why doesn't David like Mark?
6. What does Norah do while visiting her old house?
7. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
8. What does Caroline tell her nosy neighbor after Al is seen at her house?
9. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
10. What does David think about while looking at a geode?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the main differences between Phoebe and most of the other people around her? How did some people respond to these differences?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)