Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David know so much about heart conditions?
2. Where does Caroline decide to move after deciding to keep the baby?
3. How does Caroline describe the place she was told to leave the disabled child?
4. What is the name of Caroline's roommate?
5. How many students died at a University in Ohio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
2. What does David think about while looking at a geode?
3. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
4. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
5. What does David do after Norah gives birth, and why?
6. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
7. How does Caroline feel about her parents?
8. Why are Norah and David vacationing in Aruba?
9. What did David promise Norah when he saw the gift she got for him for their anniversary?
10. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
What role does symbolism play in this book, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Caring for and accepting individuals with disabilities is a huge theme of this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)