Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David know so much about heart conditions?
2. Where does Caroline decide to move after deciding to keep the baby?
3. How does Caroline describe the place she was told to leave the disabled child?
4. What is the name of Caroline's roommate?
5. How many students died at a University in Ohio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
2. What does David think about while looking at a geode?
3. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
4. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
5. What does David do after Norah gives birth, and why?
6. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
7. How does Caroline feel about her parents?
8. Why are Norah and David vacationing in Aruba?
9. What did David promise Norah when he saw the gift she got for him for their anniversary?
10. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
Essay Topic 1
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Kim Edwards in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)