|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norah's main worry about the fossils David gives to Paul?
2. Why does David NOT like Bree's boyfriend?
3. What does Caroline's roommate have a Ph.D. in?
4. What does Norah cut her foot on?
5. Why did Caroline's roommate never get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Paul wakes up after making a huge mess in the darkroom?
2. What does Paul want to do with his future?
3. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
4. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
5. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
6. When does Caroline realize that she has to keep Phoebe?
7. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
8. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
9. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
10. What does Norah do with David's photos after hearing the truth about Phoebe?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the main differences between Phoebe and most of the other people around her? How did some people respond to these differences?
Essay Topic 3
Caring for and accepting individuals with disabilities is a huge theme of this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)