|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caroline agree to marry Al?
2. What does Norah have to take down from over her garage?
3. What is David's occupation?
4. Who is Caroline's favorite author?
5. What does Mark make David feel empty of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David not want to have another child with Norah?
2. What did David say he did after Phoebe's memorial?
3. What does Norah think when Bree talks about her boyfriend betraying her?
4. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
5. What happens while Norah is driving home on the night of her anniversary?
6. What does Norah do to calm her nerves while Paul is in school?
7. Why did Doro never get married?
8. What does Norah realize while they all drive back after picking up Paul from prison?
9. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
10. What does Norah do with David's photos after hearing the truth about Phoebe?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot, especially as Norah deals with the death of her daughter. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Music was something that was incredibly important to Paul. Why was this so important to him, and how did this shape his character and guide his actions in the book?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)