|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Caroline sees David sleeping at his desk?
2. What is the name of Norah's sister?
3. What is Norah's main worry about the fossils David gives to Paul?
4. What season is it at the beginning of the book?
5. Where do David and Norah live at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
2. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
3. How does Caroline feel about her parents?
4. What happens while Norah is driving home on the night of her anniversary?
5. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
6. How did David and Norah meet?
7. Why does Norah regret buying the camera for David?
8. When does Caroline realize that she has to keep Phoebe?
9. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
10. What does Norah do when she goes to see Howard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Photography was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot, especially as Norah deals with the death of her daughter. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the main differences between Phoebe and most of the other people around her? How did some people respond to these differences?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)