|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kay's last name?
2. Who does the School Board say would be most disadvantaged by allowing retarded children into the schools?
3. What season is it at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Al's occupation?
5. What is the name of Norah's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
2. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
3. When does Caroline realize that she has to keep Phoebe?
4. Why did David choose his profession?
5. How does Caroline feel about her parents?
6. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
7. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
8. What does Paul want to do with his future?
9. Why does Norah regret buying the camera for David?
10. What happens while Norah is driving home on the night of her anniversary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David's past largely affected the course of David's life. What experiences from his past had this influence, and how did these influences change his relationships with others?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)