|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's occupation?
2. What is it about Norah that makes David nervous when he photographs her?
3. How does Norah feel when David suggests that she hire someone to help her with a party?
4. How does Caroline describe the place she was told to leave the disabled child?
5. What does Norah like to do at the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David do after Norah gives birth, and why?
2. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
3. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
4. How did David and Norah meet?
5. What happens while Norah is driving home on the night of her anniversary?
6. What interrupts the party Norah planned?
7. What happens when David comes to visit Caroline at her apartment?
8. Why doesn't David like Mark?
9. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
10. Why has David been unable to be intimate with Norah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot, especially as Norah deals with the death of her daughter. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)