|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Al's occupation?
2. What is Kay's last name?
3. What was Norah given to help her with the pain of labor?
4. How many students died at a University in Ohio?
5. What is the name of Tim's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norah do while visiting her old house?
2. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
3. What does Norah ask David not to do at the party, and why?
4. What was Caroline's biggest dream before she met David?
5. Why doesn't David like Mark?
6. What interrupts the party Norah planned?
7. What does Norah do when she goes to see Howard?
8. What does David do after Norah gives birth, and why?
9. When does Caroline realize that she has to keep Phoebe?
10. What does Phoebe do when she sees Al has come to visit Caroline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main differences between Phoebe and most of the other people around her? How did some people respond to these differences?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)