|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norah have to take down from over her garage?
2. Where do David and Norah live at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Norah dream about after giving birth?
4. What does Norah buy for David for their anniversary?
5. What is David's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interrupts the party Norah planned?
2. What does Norah do while visiting her old house?
3. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
4. Why has David been unable to be intimate with Norah?
5. What does Norah do when she goes to see Howard?
6. Why is Caroline so surprised when she sees a notice for Phoebe's memorial service?
7. Why are Norah and David vacationing in Aruba?
8. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
9. What happens when David comes to visit Caroline at her apartment?
10. What happens while Norah is driving home on the night of her anniversary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Al is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
David's past largely affected the course of David's life. What experiences from his past had this influence, and how did these influences change his relationships with others?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)