|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bree's veteran friend?
2. What is the first sickness Phoebe gets?
3. What season is it at the beginning of the book?
4. Where do David and Norah live at the beginning of the book?
5. How many students died at a University in Ohio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norah do to calm her nerves while Paul is in school?
2. What does Phoebe do when she sees Al has come to visit Caroline?
3. Why are Norah and David vacationing in Aruba?
4. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
5. How did David and Norah meet?
6. How does Caroline feel about her parents?
7. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
8. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
9. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
10. What did David promise Norah when he saw the gift she got for him for their anniversary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main barriers between Norah and David, and how were these resolved by the end of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Caring for and accepting individuals with disabilities is a huge theme of this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)