|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norah feel about sending Paul to school?
2. What happened to the ROTC building on campus?
3. Why is David late to celebrate his anniversary?
4. What was the name of David's sister?
5. What does David send every time he hears from Caroline?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
2. What does Paul want to do with his future?
3. Why does Norah regret buying the camera for David?
4. What interrupts the party Norah planned?
5. Why did meeting David cause Caroline to give up her dreams?
6. What does Norah say she hates about David?
7. What happens unexpectedly when Norah gives birth?
8. What does Phoebe do when she sees Al has come to visit Caroline?
9. What does Norah do while visiting her old house?
10. Why has David been unable to be intimate with Norah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Music was something that was incredibly important to Paul. Why was this so important to him, and how did this shape his character and guide his actions in the book?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)