|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mark and David have in common?
2. Where does Paul display the fossils his dad gives him?
3. What does Norah do to celebrate her anniversary?
4. What is Norah's main worry about the fossils David gives to Paul?
5. Where does Norah interview for a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
2. Why did David choose his profession?
3. Why does David not want to have another child with Norah?
4. What does Paul want to do with his future?
5. What does Norah say she hates about David?
6. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
7. What did David promise Norah when he saw the gift she got for him for their anniversary?
8. What was Caroline's biggest dream before she met David?
9. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
10. What does Norah think when Bree talks about her boyfriend betraying her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main barriers between Norah and David, and how were these resolved by the end of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
David's past largely affected the course of David's life. What experiences from his past had this influence, and how did these influences change his relationships with others?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)