|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caroline like Phoebe to play with Tim?
2. Why are Down's Syndrome children NOT accepted into public schools?
3. What is David trying to do with the photo he is taking of Norah on the beach?
4. How long after they met were David and Norah married?
5. What does Norah cut her foot on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Doro never get married?
2. What does David do after Norah gives birth, and why?
3. What does Norah say she hates about David?
4. What interrupts the party Norah planned?
5. Why does Norah regret buying the camera for David?
6. What does Norah do while visiting her old house?
7. What does David think about while looking at a geode?
8. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
9. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
10. What does Norah ask David not to do at the party, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Kim Edwards in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)