|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Al sleep after helping Caroline get home?
2. Who does the School Board say would be most disadvantaged by allowing retarded children into the schools?
3. What does the man who Caroline is a caretaker for compliment her for?
4. What is happening to the girl with long hair that Caroline sees in the institution?
5. What does Norah run into with her car on her anniversary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is David trying to do with his photos of Norah on the beach?
2. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
3. When did Caroline gain a special bond with David?
4. What does Paul want to do with his future?
5. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
6. Why did David choose his profession?
7. Why is Caroline so surprised when she sees a notice for Phoebe's memorial service?
8. What does Caroline write in a letter, and why does she never send it?
9. Why did meeting David cause Caroline to give up her dreams?
10. What does Norah do to calm her nerves while Paul is in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Music was something that was incredibly important to Paul. Why was this so important to him, and how did this shape his character and guide his actions in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)