|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norah dream about after giving birth?
2. How many students died at a University in Ohio?
3. How does Caroline describe her parents?
4. Who babysits for Norah on the night of her anniversary?
5. How do the other children in the preschool treat Phoebe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did meeting David cause Caroline to give up her dreams?
2. What happens when Norah tries to get rid of the wasps nest?
3. Why did Doro never get married?
4. Why has David been unable to be intimate with Norah?
5. What was Caroline's biggest dream before she met David?
6. Why doesn't David like Mark?
7. When does Caroline realize that she has to keep Phoebe?
8. Why does David not want to have another child with Norah?
9. What does Norah ask David not to do at the party, and why?
10. What does Norah do while visiting her old house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main barriers between Norah and David, and how were these resolved by the end of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)