|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Norah want to build her own clinic?
2. What does Norah's sister suggest she do to help her cope with losing a child at birth?
(a) Hold a memorial service.
(b) Take a trip.
(c) Visit a psychiatrist.
(d) Write about her experience.
3. Who brings Caroline all the letters from David?
(b) The mailman.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The new tenant in her apartment.
4. What is happening to the girl with long hair that Caroline sees in the institution?
(a) Her hair is being cut.
(b) Her nails are being painted.
(c) Her hair is being curled.
(d) Her medications are being administered.
5. Why does Caroline try to slap a nurse?
(a) She makes fun of Phoebe's appearance.
(b) She refuses to touch a retarded child.
(c) She comments on Al's presence.
(d) She asks if Phoebe should be revived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first sickness Phoebe gets?
2. Where did David meet Norah?
3. Why does David NOT like Bree's boyfriend?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the book?
5. What does David get Norah for their anniversary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Caroline's biggest dream before she met David?
2. What happens when Norah tries to get rid of the wasps nest?
3. What can Norah hear from her front lawn after taking down the wasps nest, and what does this tell her?
4. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
5. Why did Doro never get married?
6. What happens unexpectedly when Norah gives birth?
7. What does Norah ask David not to do at the party, and why?
8. Where does Norah get a job, and how does David react to this?
9. How does Caroline feel about her parents?
10. Why does David not want to have another child with Norah?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)