|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David suggest Norah use to help her with a party?
(a) A caterer.
(b) A maid.
(c) A decorator.
(d) A hair dresser.
2. What does Phoebe have an allergic reaction to?
(a) A peanut butter sandwich.
(b) A mosquito bite.
(c) A strawberry.
(d) A bee sting.
3. How does Norah feel about sending Paul to school?
4. Who is Caroline's favorite author?
(a) Pearl Buck.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Louisa May Alcott.
(d) Laura Ingalls Wilder.
5. What makes people who visit Norah and her baby feel awkward?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her happiness.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Norah go with the present she got for David for their anniversary?
2. Where does Al sleep after helping Caroline get home?
3. When does Norah feel the most peaceful after losing her child in childbirth?
4. What does Norah do with her photos of the old house?
5. What is Kay's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Doro never get married?
2. What does Norah say she hates about David?
3. What was Caroline's biggest dream before she met David?
4. Why does David not want to have another child with Norah?
5. What does Norah ask David not to do at the party, and why?
6. Why did David choose his profession?
7. What happens when Norah tries to get rid of the wasps nest?
8. What is so surprising about Al finding Caroline?
9. What does Norah do while visiting her old house?
10. Why doesn't David like Mark?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)