|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes happen in Bree because of her illness?
(a) Her skin goes very white.
(b) Her energy is depleted.
(c) She loses her hair.
(d) She gets very thin.
2. How does David know about Norah's affair with Howard?
(a) Howard tells him.
(b) He gets a letter from Howard's wife.
(c) Norah talks about it in her sleep.
(d) He sees her clothes in the sand.
3. Why does David leave his medical practice?
(a) He wants to help Rosemary.
(b) He has to turn a patient away.
(c) He gets a divorce.
(d) He watches a woman die.
4. What does Caroline have to explain to Phoebe when she finds her alone with a boy?
(a) She is too young for that.
(b) She cannot get married.
(c) He is using her.
(d) He cannot take care of her.
5. What surprises Caroline about David when she sees him again?
(a) How his voice has remained the same.
(b) How unkind he is to others.
(c) How unhappy he looks.
(d) How he has aged.
6. Where does David consider killing himself?
(a) The train tracks.
(b) An abandoned building.
(c) The river.
(d) The boat dock.
7. What does David say when Paul tells him where he is going to college?
(a) He wants to help him.
(b) He wishes he would change his mind.
(c) He is so proud.
(d) He will miss him.
8. What does Phoebe promise to make for Norah when they first meet?
(a) A pot holder.
(b) A hat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A scarf.
9. What does Michelle do when Paul tells her about his sister?
(a) Tells him about her new job.
(b) Offers to fly out to be with him.
(c) Say she knew all along.
(d) Hangs up.
10. What is the name of the friend Paul plays dangerous games with?
11. How does Norah feel as she looks through David's old photos?
12. Where is Paul caught stealing?
13. How does Caroline get to the museum?
(a) She takes a bus.
(b) She takes a cab.
(c) She has Al drop her off.
(d) She walks.
14. What causes David's photos to be in high demand again?
(a) Norah's marketing.
(b) A magazine spread.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) His death.
15. How does Norah feel when David brings Rosemary home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul choose to go when he runs away?
2. What college does Paul get accepted to?
3. What does Phoebe say about Paul when she meets him?
4. What does Caroline leave for David before leaving the museum?
5. How does Paul stay home while David is missing?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)