|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paul steal money from his father?
(a) The car.
(b) The camera case.
(c) The fridge.
(d) The bed frame.
2. Where is Paul when he hears of his father's death?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) His flat.
(c) The subway.
(d) The Thames.
3. What does Phoebe do when she and Paul visit David's grave?
(b) Sings a hymn.
(c) Picks flowers.
(d) Writes a note to leave there.
4. Where does Norah plan to live after she re-marries?
5. Why does David leave his medical practice?
(a) He gets a divorce.
(b) He watches a woman die.
(c) He has to turn a patient away.
(d) He wants to help Rosemary.
6. What is the name of Paul's girlfriend in Paris?
7. What does Caroline leave for David before leaving the museum?
(a) A note.
(b) A business card.
(c) Her address.
8. How does David know about Norah's affair with Howard?
(a) Norah talks about it in her sleep.
(b) Howard tells him.
(c) He sees her clothes in the sand.
(d) He gets a letter from Howard's wife.
9. How does Norah feel as she looks through David's old photos?
10. Where does Paul plan to take Phoebe on a trip?
(d) New York.
11. Who tells Norah the truth about Phoebe?
12. What is the first thing Paul notices about Phoebe when he meets her?
(a) She looks intelligent.
(b) She is vacant.
(c) She is going gray.
(d) She has happy eyes.
13. What does David do instead of committing suicide?
(a) Takes a picture.
14. How does Caroline get to the museum?
(a) She walks.
(b) She takes a cab.
(c) She has Al drop her off.
(d) She takes a bus.
15. Where do Paul and his friend make a big mess while his parents are out?
(a) The darkroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The guest bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelle do when Paul tells her about his sister?
2. How many road trips has Caroline taken with Al?
3. What does Paul do when he gets home from his performance at school?
4. What does David say when Paul tells him where he is going to college?
5. Where does Paul choose to go when he runs away?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)