|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Norah the truth about Phoebe?
2. What does Paul do at his friend's house when the adults are gone?
(a) Draws portraits.
(b) Lights straw on fire.
(c) Plays the piano.
(d) Smokes pot.
3. How does Caroline get to the museum?
(a) She takes a cab.
(b) She walks.
(c) She has Al drop her off.
(d) She takes a bus.
4. How long has David been dead when Caroline finds out about her secret bank account from him?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 years.
5. What is the first thing Paul notices about Phoebe when he meets her?
(a) She looks intelligent.
(b) She is vacant.
(c) She has happy eyes.
(d) She is going gray.
6. What is the name of the boy Phoebe wants to marry?
7. Where is Paul caught stealing?
8. What kind of place does David live in with Rosemary?
(a) A duplex.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A house.
(d) A condo.
9. What does Paul take with him when he runs away?
(a) Some pictures.
(b) His dad's camera.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His fossil necklace.
10. How does Norah feel when she hears the truth about Phoebe?
(a) Like a puzzle piece has been put in place.
(b) Like the ground has been removed.
(c) Like her heart is breaking all over again.
(d) Like her soul knew all along.
11. When does David stop taking photos?
(a) After seeing Phoebe.
(b) After meeting Rosemary.
(c) After seeing Norah's infidelity.
(d) After his suicidal thoughts.
12. Where does Paul decide to get a steady job?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
13. Where does David consider killing himself?
(a) The train tracks.
(b) An abandoned building.
(c) The boat dock.
(d) The river.
14. What does Phoebe promise to make for Norah when they first meet?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A hat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A pot holder.
15. Who plays the organ at Norah's wedding?
(d) Paul's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Caroline about David when she sees him again?
2. What kind of work is Phoebe being trained to do?
3. What do Norah and David do during one of his school performances?
4. Where does Paul steal money from his father?
5. What does Paul do when he gets home from his performance at school?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)