|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caroline describe the place she was told to leave the disabled child?
(b) In disrepair.
(d) All of these.
2. How does Norah's sister describe Norah's tidy life?
(a) Like an old book.
(b) Like a magazine spread.
(c) Like an episode of Twilight Zone.
(d) Like a sitcom.
3. What is the name of the man Caroline is a caretaker for in Pittsburg?
4. What is Caroline's occupation?
5. What do Mark and David have in common?
(a) They went to the same college.
(b) They are from the same hometown.
(c) They are the same age.
(d) They both dabble in photography.
6. What does Norah cut her foot on?
(a) A beer bottle.
(b) A flash bulb.
(c) A rusty wire.
(d) A broken wine glass.
7. Why does Caroline like Phoebe to play with Tim?
(a) She likes seeing normal children.
(b) They are both disabled.
(c) She needs time with Tim's mother.
(d) Tim is kind to Phoebe.
8. Who does the School Board say would be most disadvantaged by allowing retarded children into the schools?
(a) Normal children.
(c) Bright children.
(d) The retarded children.
9. What does Norah's sister suggest she do to help her cope with losing a child at birth?
(a) Hold a memorial service.
(b) Visit a psychiatrist.
(c) Write about her experience.
(d) Take a trip.
10. What is the disabled child named?
11. Who gives Norah some wine as a gift?
12. What kind of life did Caroline's parents try to prepare her for?
(a) A treacherous life.
(b) A quiet life.
(c) A strong life.
(d) A productive life.
13. Why is David unable to be intimate with Norah?
(a) He thinks she might have a heart condition.
(b) He is not attracted to her.
(c) He has a heart condition.
(d) He lied to her.
14. What is the name of Bree's veteran friend?
15. How did the students at the Ohio University die?
(a) They were poisoned.
(b) They were strangled.
(c) They were stabbed.
(d) They were shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paul and David do together after he is done working with his photos?
2. What does Norah dream about after giving birth?
3. Why are Down's Syndrome children NOT accepted into public schools?
4. What does Norah do to calm herself in the afternoon after Paul starts school?
5. How old is Paul when they take a trip to Aruba?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)