|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caroline's occupation?
2. How do the other children in the preschool treat Phoebe?
(a) They don't even notice her differences.
(b) They love and adore her.
(c) They are nervous around her.
(d) They are mean to her.
3. How does Caroline describe the place she was told to leave the disabled child?
(a) In disrepair.
(d) All of these.
4. What does Norah like to do at the river?
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Sit and read.
(d) Run by the water.
5. Where does Norah interview for a job?
(a) A travel agency.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A library.
6. Why does Caroline try to slap a nurse?
(a) She refuses to touch a retarded child.
(b) She asks if Phoebe should be revived.
(c) She makes fun of Phoebe's appearance.
(d) She comments on Al's presence.
7. Who is Caroline's favorite author?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Laura Ingalls Wilder.
(d) Pearl Buck.
8. Why does Caroline like Phoebe to play with Tim?
(a) They are both disabled.
(b) She needs time with Tim's mother.
(c) Tim is kind to Phoebe.
(d) She likes seeing normal children.
9. What was Norah given to help her with the pain of labor?
(b) An epidural.
10. Where does Norah frequently visit after the memorial service?
(a) The hopsital.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The park.
(d) The clinic.
11. What is the name of Tim's mother?
12. What does Norah do with her photos of the old house?
(a) She buries them.
(b) She frames them.
(c) She destroys them.
(d) She sells them.
13. How long had David's sister been dead when he met Norah?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 10 years.
14. Why does Caroline give up her hopes of opening a clinic in another country?
(a) She feels David will be involved in her destiny.
(b) Her parents will not let her.
(c) Her sister gets very sick.
(d) She falls in love with David.
15. Why does David know so much about heart conditions?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is worried Norah may have a problem.
(c) His sister died of one.
(d) His father taught him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kay's last name?
2. Why does David NOT want to have another child with Norah?
3. What is Norah's main worry about the fossils David gives to Paul?
4. What is David trying to do with the photo he is taking of Norah on the beach?
5. What does Norah do to calm herself in the afternoon after Paul starts school?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)