|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro tell Okada?
(a) About his mother being beaten.
(b) About Kinshi's night activities.
(c) About Kinshi's hopes.
(d) About his father's disappearance.
2. How is Kinshi the next morning?
(d) Very depressed.
3. What does Mochida say when he grabs Jiro?
(a) His father is outside in the courtyard.
(b) Yoshida wants to speak to him.
(c) He is needed to play Kenshi's role.
(d) Kenshi needs him at the river.
4. What does Jiro agree to do after the last performance of the day?
(a) Go and warn the night rovers.
(b) Retrieve the sword.
(c) Go and tell his mother to stay home that night.
(d) Ask Kenshi to see Okada.
5. What does Kinshi do instead of what he says he is going to do?
(b) Takes food to Jiro's mothre.
(c) Sneaks to the upstairs warehouse.
(d) Writes in his journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys treat Jiro?
2. What does Jiro try to figure out?
3. What does the girl who is being courted by a high-born suitor do?
4. Why does Jiro not want to go to Yoshida?
5. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wakes Jiro in the night and what is the outcome?
2. What does Jiro find when he goes into the storeroom and what happens as he trying to decide what to do?
3. Describe the latest theft Saburo pulls off.
4. How does Jiro discover a Samurai sword?
5. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
6. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
7. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
8. What is the story that the puppeteer tells Jiro?
9. What does Okada tell Tozo after Jiro leaves Okada?
10. Describe the conversation between Okada and Jiro.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)