|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
(c) No one.
2. What are the wealthy in the town saying?
(a) The police are incompetent.
(b) They will not trust the police again.
(c) The poor need to work harder.
(d) The poor do not deserve to eat.
3. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) Down by the river.
(b) In the practice room.
(c) In the upstairs storeroom.
(d) The stable.
4. What does Mochida explain to Jiro?
(a) Saburo's gang has declared the theater off limits.
(b) The police have intimidated many would-be theater goers.
(c) Merchants are staying home to guard their wares.
(d) The police have said that nothing controversial may be shown at the theater.
5. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
(a) If Kinshi is ill.
(b) To see if Yoshida will excuse Kenshi from the play.
(c) To go with Jiro to see Jiro's mother.
(d) Not to go out again that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jiro irritable as Kinshi practices?
2. What does the girl who is being courted by a high-born suitor do?
3. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
4. What does Jiro tell Okada?
5. How do the boys decide to give Kinshi his role back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Okada and Jiro.
2. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
3. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
4. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
5. What is the story that the puppeteer tells Jiro?
6. What does Okada tell Jiro and how does Jiro react?
7. What wakes Jiro in the night and what is the outcome?
8. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
9. How does Jiro discover a Samurai sword?
10. What part is Kinshi assigned in the new play and what does Jiro learn as they go to get puppets for Kinshi to practice?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)