|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shouting for Yoshida at the gate?
(a) The police.
(b) Saburo's gang.
(c) The night rovers.
(d) No one.
2. What does Okada admit to Jiro?
(a) There is no Saburo.
(b) Hanji is Saburo.
(c) He is Saburo.
(d) Yoshida is Saburo.
3. What does the man make the puppet do?
(a) Look like the puppet is about to discover something really big.
(b) Look like the puppet is searching for someone.
(c) Carry a letter.
4. What does Jiro agree to do after the last performance of the day?
(a) Retrieve the sword.
(b) Ask Kenshi to see Okada.
(c) Go and tell his mother to stay home that night.
(d) Go and warn the night rovers.
5. What does the girl who is being courted by a high-born suitor do?
(a) Sticks a needle into his clothes.
(b) Looks through his pockets.
(c) Puts dye on his shoes.
(d) Says she will die if he does not say where he lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the crest Jiro sees?
2. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
3. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
4. What does Okada ask Jiro?
5. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)