|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
(a) Defy the authorities.
(b) Put on a play called The Battle of Dannoura.
(c) Appeal to the Shogun.
(d) Appeal to the Emperor.
2. What does the girl who is being courted by a high-born suitor do?
(a) Sticks a needle into his clothes.
(b) Says she will die if he does not say where he lives.
(c) Puts dye on his shoes.
(d) Looks through his pockets.
3. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
(a) About the assistant magistrate losing his head.
(b) About Saburo's latest theft.
(c) About the Emperor's response to the play.
(d) About the assistant magistrate losing his position.
4. What does the man make the puppet do?
(a) Carry a letter.
(b) Look like the puppet is searching for someone.
(c) Look like the puppet is about to discover something really big.
5. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
(a) He is not worried.
(b) He cannot seem to remember his lines.
(c) He has broken his toe.
(d) He has been assigned as foot operator for a difficult part.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yoshida react when he hears about what is pinned to the door?
2. What does Jiro tell Okada?
3. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
4. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
5. What does Jiro say to Mochida's question?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the latest theft Saburo pulls off.
2. What does Jiro think about concerning arranging a meeting with Saburo?
3. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
4. What does Jiro find when he goes into the storeroom and what happens as he trying to decide what to do?
5. What does Okada tell Jiro and how does Jiro react?
6. What does Yoshida ask Jiro and then tell Jiro to do?
7. How does Yoshida react when his play is shut down and what does he decide to do?
8. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
9. What happens in the theater when the play is over and how does the assistant magistrate react?
10. Describe the conversation between Okada and Jiro.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)