|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
(a) That Jiro trust Kenshi completely.
(b) That Jiro could never hurt Kenshi.
(c) That is not up to Jiro to judge.
(d) That Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
2. What does Jira say he will try to arrange for Kinshi?
(a) A meeting with Yashida.
(b) A way to keep his assigned job.
(c) A bigger part in the next play.
(d) A meeting with Saburo.
3. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
(a) They have a false warrant tacked to the merchant's door.
(b) They do not need to convince the merchant; they threaten him.
(c) They have forged papers.
(d) The gang uses the clothing they stole at the play.
4. To whom does Jiro think it would be best to talk?
(a) His mother.
5. What is going to be the entrance fee for a special showing of "The Thief of the Tokaido"?
(a) Same as always.
(b) Half price.
(c) Two for one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
2. What does the girl who is being courted by a high-born suitor do?
3. What is happening in the city when Jiro goes there after the performance?
4. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
5. What does Mochida ask Jiro the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that the puppeteer tells Jiro?
2. How does Joman avoid being executed?
3. How does Yoshida react when his play is shut down and what does he decide to do?
4. Describe the latest theft Saburo pulls off.
5. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
6. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
7. What part is Kinshi assigned in the new play and what does Jiro learn as they go to get puppets for Kinshi to practice?
8. What does Jiro think about concerning arranging a meeting with Saburo?
9. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
10. What does Jiro beg Kinshi to do and what is Kinshi's reply?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)