|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the puppet say about curiosity?
(a) That it is dishonorable to give in to one's curiosity.
(b) That it can be very dangerous.
(c) That it is healthy up to a point.
(d) That it can lead to knowing things one does not wish to know
2. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A fireman.
(c) No one.
(d) A policeman.
3. What does Okada ask Jiro to do?
(a) Retrieve the Samurai sword.
(b) Go to an address and leave a note.
(c) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(d) Not say anything to Kenshi.
4. What happens after the play is done?
(a) The people stand and chant Saburo's name.
(b) The lights go out and a voice makes a statement.
(c) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(d) The soldiers start clubbing people.
5. What is happening in the city when Jiro goes there after the performance?
(b) Hundreds of people are standing silently outside the Shogun's residence.
(d) Absolute silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
2. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
3. What does Okada ask Jiro?
4. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
5. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
2. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
3. What does Jiro think about concerning arranging a meeting with Saburo?
4. What wakes Jiro in the night and what is the outcome?
5. What happens in the theater when the play is over and how does the assistant magistrate react?
6. How does Jiro discover a Samurai sword?
7. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
8. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
9. What does Okada tell Tozo after Jiro leaves Okada?
10. What does Okada tell Jiro and how does Jiro react?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)