|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kinshi get out of his chores?
(a) He says he is sick.
(b) He volunteers to deliver an invitation from Yoshida.
(c) He says he needs to practice.
(d) He volunteers to go to market.
2. How does Yoshida praise the assistant magistrate?
(a) Saying assistant magistrate is very wily.
(b) Saying assistant magistrate is very wise.
(c) Yoshida does not respond at all to the assistant magistrate.
(d) Saying assistant magistrate is very noble.
3. Who is shouting for Yoshida at the gate?
(a) The police.
(b) The night rovers.
(c) No one.
(d) Saburo's gang.
4. What does Jiro explain about Yoshida?
(a) What he has learned about Yoshida.
(b) That Yoshida will probably make Jiro leave the theater.
(c) That he is afraid to confront Yoshida.
(d) That Yoshida saved him once.
5. Who comes to take Jiro to Okada?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro worry about concerning his mother?
2. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
3. To whom does Jiro think it would be best to talk?
4. Who does Jiro think is Saburto?
5. What does Jiro realize about the puppeteer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
2. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
3. What wakes Jiro in the night and what is the outcome?
4. What does Jiro think about concerning arranging a meeting with Saburo?
5. Describe the conversation between Okada and Jiro.
6. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
7. What is the story that the puppeteer tells Jiro?
8. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
9. What does Okada tell Tozo after Jiro leaves Okada?
10. Describe the latest theft Saburo pulls off.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)