|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why dos Jiro run past Okada?
(a) He is needed in the theater.
(b) He hears his father yelling.
(c) He hears Kenshi screaming.
(d) He is afraid of what the man will do.
2. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) The stable.
(b) In the upstairs storeroom.
(c) Down by the river.
(d) In the practice room.
3. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
(a) That Jiro could never hurt Kenshi.
(b) That Jiro trust Kenshi completely.
(c) That Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(d) That is not up to Jiro to judge.
4. How does Kinshi get out of his chores?
(a) He says he needs to practice.
(b) He volunteers to deliver an invitation from Yoshida.
(c) He says he is sick.
(d) He volunteers to go to market.
5. Who is the person coming up the storeroom stairs?
(b) Jiro does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
2. How do the boys treat Jiro?
3. Why does Jiro not want to go to Yoshida?
4. What does the puppet say about curiosity?
5. How does Yoshida praise the assistant magistrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
2. Describe the conversation between Okada and Jiro.
3. How does Yoshida react when his play is shut down and what does he decide to do?
4. How does Kinshi get out of his chores and what do the other boys do?
5. What does Okada tell Jiro and how does Jiro react?
6. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
7. Describe the latest theft Saburo pulls off.
8. What does Jiro beg Kinshi to do and what is Kinshi's reply?
9. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
10. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)