|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) In the upstairs storeroom.
(b) In the practice room.
(c) Down by the river.
(d) The stable.
2. Who does Jiro think is Saburto?
(a) He is not sure.
3. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
(c) No one.
4. How do the boys decide to give Kinshi his role back?
(a) They do not see how they can do so.
(b) A last-minute swap.
(c) To appeal to Yoshida.
(d) To appeal to Okada.
5. How do the boys treat Jiro?
(a) Like a traitor.
(b) Like an outsider.
(c) The same as always.
(d) Like a lucky charm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro say to Mochida's question?
2. What does Kinshi say he has to do?
3. Why is Jiro irritable as Kinshi practices?
4. What does Jiro realize about the puppeteer?
5. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Okada tell Tozo after Jiro leaves Okada?
2. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
3. What does Jiro think about concerning arranging a meeting with Saburo?
4. How does Yoshida react when his play is shut down and what does he decide to do?
5. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
6. How does Jiro discover a Samurai sword?
7. How does Joman avoid being executed?
8. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
9. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
10. Describe the conversation between Okada and Jiro.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)