|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanji give Jiro?
(a) His fireman's coat.
(b) A bandana.
(c) Some money.
(d) A note from Okada.
2. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
(a) Put on a play called The Battle of Dannoura.
(b) Defy the authorities.
(c) Appeal to the Emperor.
(d) Appeal to the Shogun.
3. What does the man make the puppet do?
(a) Look like the puppet is about to discover something really big.
(c) Look like the puppet is searching for someone.
(d) Carry a letter.
4. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
(a) To go with Jiro to see Jiro's mother.
(b) To see if Yoshida will excuse Kenshi from the play.
(c) If Kinshi is ill.
(d) Not to go out again that night.
5. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A fireman.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
2. How do the boys decide to give Kinshi his role back?
3. What does Yashida order Jiro to do?
4. What is pinned to the door?
5. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Okada tell Jiro and how does Jiro react?
2. How does Joman avoid being executed?
3. Describe the latest theft Saburo pulls off.
4. Describe the conversation between Okada and Jiro.
5. What does Jiro find when he goes into the storeroom and what happens as he trying to decide what to do?
6. What happens when the boys are sewing and practicing later that night and how does Yoshida react?
7. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
8. What part is Kinshi assigned in the new play and what does Jiro learn as they go to get puppets for Kinshi to practice?
9. What wakes Jiro in the night and what is the outcome?
10. What does Yoshida ask Jiro and then tell Jiro to do?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)