|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro agree to do after the last performance of the day?
(a) Ask Kenshi to see Okada.
(b) Go and warn the night rovers.
(c) Retrieve the sword.
(d) Go and tell his mother to stay home that night.
2. What does Jiro tell Okada?
(a) About his mother being beaten.
(b) About Kinshi's hopes.
(c) About Kinshi's night activities.
(d) About his father's disappearance.
3. What does Jiro say to Mochida's question?
(a) Kanshi went for an early morning walk.
(b) Kanshi is sad.
(c) Kanshi has not been feeling well.
(d) Kanshi has been having nightmares.
4. Who is the person coming up the storeroom stairs?
(b) Jiro does not know.
5. What does Mochida say when he grabs Jiro?
(a) His father is outside in the courtyard.
(b) Kenshi needs him at the river.
(c) He is needed to play Kenshi's role.
(d) Yoshida wants to speak to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jiro irritable as Kinshi practices?
2. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
3. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
4. What does Okada admit to Jiro?
5. What does Kinshi do instead of what he says he is going to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jiro discover a Samurai sword?
2. How does Yoshida react when his play is shut down and what does he decide to do?
3. What does Kinshi say to Jiro the next morning?
4. What does Okada tell Tozo after Jiro leaves Okada?
5. What does Jiro beg Kinshi to do and what is Kinshi's reply?
6. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
7. How does Joman avoid being executed?
8. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
9. What part is Kinshi assigned in the new play and what does Jiro learn as they go to get puppets for Kinshi to practice?
10. What is the story that the puppeteer tells Jiro?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)