|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro say to Mochida's question?
(a) Kanshi went for an early morning walk.
(b) Kanshi has been having nightmares.
(c) Kanshi is sad.
(d) Kanshi has not been feeling well.
2. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
(c) No one.
3. What does Jiro discover when he sneaks into the storehouse?
(a) Yoshida is there.
(b) Kenshi is there.
(c) The Samurai sword is gone.
(d) Hanji is there.
4. What is going to be the entrance fee for a special showing of "The Thief of the Tokaido"?
(a) Same as always.
(c) Two for one.
(d) Half price.
5. Who is the person coming up the storeroom stairs?
(a) Jiro does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
2. What have some people started doing at night?
3. Who does Jiro think is Saburto?
4. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
5. How do the boys treat Jiro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Okada tell Tozo after Jiro leaves Okada?
2. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
3. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
4. How does Joman avoid being executed?
5. What happens when the boys are sewing and practicing later that night and how does Yoshida react?
6. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
7. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
8. What does Kinshi say to Jiro the next morning?
9. What does Jiro find when he goes into the storeroom and what happens as he trying to decide what to do?
10. What wakes Jiro in the night and what is the outcome?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)