|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro worry about concerning his mother?
(a) How to find her a new husband.
(b) Her safety alone in the house.
(c) How to help her once she gives birth to her baby.
(d) How to help her.
2. What does Jira say he will try to arrange for Kinshi?
(a) A meeting with Yashida.
(b) A bigger part in the next play.
(c) A meeting with Saburo.
(d) A way to keep his assigned job.
3. What does Jiro realize about the puppeteer?
(a) It is Yoshida.
(b) It is Okada.
(c) It is Hanji.
(d) It is Toza.
4. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the stable's loft.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the upstairs storehouse.
5. How does Yoshida praise the assistant magistrate?
(a) Saying assistant magistrate is very wise.
(b) Yoshida does not respond at all to the assistant magistrate.
(c) Saying assistant magistrate is very wily.
(d) Saying assistant magistrate is very noble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jiro respond to Yashida's questioning?
2. Why is Jiro irritable as Kinshi practices?
3. Who is shouting for Yoshida at the gate?
4. What does Mochida explain to Jiro?
5. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Okada and Jiro.
2. What does Yoshida ask Jiro and then tell Jiro to do?
3. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
4. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
5. What does Jiro find when he goes into the storeroom and what happens as he trying to decide what to do?
6. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
7. What does Kinshi say to Jiro the next morning?
8. What does Jiro beg Kinshi to do and what is Kinshi's reply?
9. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
10. What is the story that the puppeteer tells Jiro?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)