|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys decide to give Kinshi his role back?
(a) To appeal to Okada.
(b) To appeal to Yoshida.
(c) They do not see how they can do so.
(d) A last-minute swap.
2. How does Jiro respond to Yashida's questioning?
(a) Jiro says Kanshi is taking medicine to Jiro's mother.
(b) Jiro starts crying.
(c) Jiro tells the truth.
(d) Jiro feigns ignorance.
3. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) In the upstairs storeroom.
(b) Down by the river.
(c) In the practice room.
(d) The stable.
4. How does Kinshi get out of his chores?
(a) He says he needs to practice.
(b) He volunteers to deliver an invitation from Yoshida.
(c) He says he is sick.
(d) He volunteers to go to market.
5. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
(a) A red cape.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A barrel of rice.
(d) A Samaurai sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why dos Jiro run past Okada?
2. What awakens Jiro in the middle of the night?
3. What does Hanji give Jiro?
4. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
5. Why won't Kinshi allow Jiro to come with him at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
2. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
3. What does Okada tell Tozo after Jiro leaves Okada?
4. What does Yoshida ask Jiro and then tell Jiro to do?
5. What does Jiro beg Kinshi to do and what is Kinshi's reply?
6. What is the story that the puppeteer tells Jiro?
7. What does Kinshi say to Jiro the next morning?
8. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
9. How does Kinshi get out of his chores and what do the other boys do?
10. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)