|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the stable's loft.
(d) In the upstairs storehouse.
2. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
(a) For accepting bribes.
(b) For cheating on his taxes.
(c) For bad scales.
(d) For ties to Saburo.
3. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
(a) Defy the authorities.
(b) Appeal to the Emperor.
(c) Appeal to the Shogun.
(d) Put on a play called The Battle of Dannoura.
4. How do the boys treat Jiro?
(a) Like a lucky charm.
(b) Like a traitor.
(c) Like an outsider.
(d) The same as always.
5. How does Yoshida react when he hears about what is pinned to the door?
(a) He tells them to take the message to the Shogun.
(b) He tells them to burn the message.
(c) He tells them to ignore the message.
(d) He tells them to post the message in the courtyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mochida ask Jiro the next morning?
2. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
3. Where is the crest Jiro sees?
4. What does the man make the puppet do?
5. What does Jiro say when he asks to speak to Okada?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
2. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
3. What wakes Jiro in the night and what is the outcome?
4. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
5. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
6. How does Joman avoid being executed?
7. What happens when the boys are sewing and practicing later that night and how does Yoshida react?
8. What happens in the theater when the play is over and how does the assistant magistrate react?
9. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
10. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)