|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the upstairs storehouse.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the stable's loft.
2. What does Mochida explain to Jiro?
(a) Merchants are staying home to guard their wares.
(b) Saburo's gang has declared the theater off limits.
(c) The police have intimidated many would-be theater goers.
(d) The police have said that nothing controversial may be shown at the theater.
3. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
(a) There's nothing they can do for him.
(b) Find him a better-fitting harness.
(c) Cover for him.
(d) Keep him awake.
4. What does Jiro discover when he sneaks into the storehouse?
(a) The Samurai sword is gone.
(b) Hanji is there.
(c) Kenshi is there.
(d) Yoshida is there.
5. To whom does Jiro think it would be best to talk?
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
2. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
3. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
4. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
5. What is pinned to the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yoshida react when his play is shut down and what does he decide to do?
2. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
3. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
4. What happens when the boys are sewing and practicing later that night and how does Yoshida react?
5. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
6. What happens in the theater when the play is over and how does the assistant magistrate react?
7. What does Yoshida ask Jiro and then tell Jiro to do?
8. What does Jiro think about concerning arranging a meeting with Saburo?
9. What does Kinshi say to Jiro the next morning?
10. What does Okada tell Jiro and how does Jiro react?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)