|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro explain about Yoshida?
(a) What he has learned about Yoshida.
(b) That Yoshida will probably make Jiro leave the theater.
(c) That Yoshida saved him once.
(d) That he is afraid to confront Yoshida.
2. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
(a) Keep him awake.
(b) Cover for him.
(c) Find him a better-fitting harness.
(d) There's nothing they can do for him.
3. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
(c) See his part in the play.
(d) Come backstage after the performance.
4. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
(a) It is wrong for them to have so much.
(b) He thinks the food is stolen.
(c) He does not know where they get the food.
(d) He thinks they should distribute the food to the poor.
5. How does Kinshi get out of his chores?
(a) He says he needs to practice.
(b) He volunteers to deliver an invitation from Yoshida.
(c) He says he is sick.
(d) He volunteers to go to market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the play is done?
2. How does Jiro respond to Yashida's questioning?
3. What does Mochida say when he grabs Jiro?
4. What does the man make the puppet do?
5. Who is the person coming up the storeroom stairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that the puppeteer tells Jiro?
2. How does Joman avoid being executed?
3. How does Jiro discover a Samurai sword?
4. How does Yoshida react when his play is shut down and what does he decide to do?
5. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
6. What does Okada tell Jiro and how does Jiro react?
7. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
8. What does Jiro think about concerning arranging a meeting with Saburo?
9. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
10. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)