|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
(a) They have a false warrant tacked to the merchant's door.
(b) They have forged papers.
(c) The gang uses the clothing they stole at the play.
(d) They do not need to convince the merchant; they threaten him.
2. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
(a) No one.
3. What does Jiro try to figure out?
(a) How to find his father.
(b) How to keep his mother safe.
(c) How to arrange a meeting with Saburo for Kinshi.
(d) How to keep Kinshi safe.
4. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
(b) Some rice.
(c) Some sleep.
(d) Some newly-made fish balls.
5. What happens after the play is done?
(a) The soldiers start clubbing people.
(b) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(c) The people stand and chant Saburo's name.
(d) The lights go out and a voice makes a statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
2. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
3. What does Jiro discover when he sneaks into the storehouse?
4. Where is the crest Jiro sees?
5. How does Yoshida react when he hears about what is pinned to the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
2. Describe the latest theft Saburo pulls off.
3. How does Joman avoid being executed?
4. What happens when the boys are sewing and practicing later that night and how does Yoshida react?
5. What wakes Jiro in the night and what is the outcome?
6. What does Jiro think about concerning arranging a meeting with Saburo?
7. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
8. What does Okada tell Tozo after Jiro leaves Okada?
9. What does Jiro beg Kinshi to do and what is Kinshi's reply?
10. What happens in the theater when the play is over and how does the assistant magistrate react?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)