|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Okada admit to Jiro?
(a) He is Saburo.
(b) There is no Saburo.
(c) Hanji is Saburo.
(d) Yoshida is Saburo.
2. What does Jiro agree to do after the last performance of the day?
(a) Go and tell his mother to stay home that night.
(b) Retrieve the sword.
(c) Ask Kenshi to see Okada.
(d) Go and warn the night rovers.
3. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
(a) Goes into a Buddhist convent.
(b) Kills herself.
(c) Marries another man.
(d) Grieves for years.
4. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
(a) About the assistant magistrate losing his head.
(b) About the Emperor's response to the play.
(c) About the assistant magistrate losing his position.
(d) About Saburo's latest theft.
5. What does Yashida order Jiro to do?
(a) Leave and not come back.
(b) Go home and check on his mother.
(c) Practice to be the foot operator for Akoya's part.
(d) Go find Kanshi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
2. What does Jiro say when he asks to speak to Okada?
3. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
4. What does Kinshi say he has to do?
5. How does Jiro respond to Yashida's questioning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yoshida ask Jiro and then tell Jiro to do?
2. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
3. Describe the latest theft Saburo pulls off.
4. What happens when the boys are sewing and practicing later that night and how does Yoshida react?
5. How does Kinshi get out of his chores and what do the other boys do?
6. How does Jiro discover a Samurai sword?
7. What does Jiro find when he goes into the storeroom and what happens as he trying to decide what to do?
8. What does the assistant magistrate first tell Yoshida and what does the assistant magistrate later say?
9. What happens in the theater when the play is over and how does the assistant magistrate react?
10. What does Hanji tell Jiro and offer to do, and what is Jiro's response?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)