|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
(a) Steal a copy of the new play.
(b) Play the snipe part for Kenshi to practice.
(c) Tell Yoshida that Kenshi wants to talk with him.
(d) Tell Yoshida how good Kenshi is.
2. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
3. What happens to Jiro's mother when she goes to the shrine to get food?
(a) She is attacked on the way home.
(b) She is given work in the Shogun's house.
(c) She is killed.
4. What does Kinshi admire?
(a) One young girl in the audience.
(b) His father's performance.
(c) Jiro leaving home voluntarily.
(d) Jiro's dexterity.
5. How does Jiro's family make money?
(a) Selling eggs.
(b) Making calligraphy invitations.
(c) Selling puppets.
(d) Spinning wool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
2. What does Jiro decide to do?
3. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
4. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
5. Where do Jiro and Hanji go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jiro and the other boys feel about Jiro's assignment?
2. What does Jiro decide to do and why does he make this decision?
3. How is Jiro's family getting along?
4. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
5. Who posts the roles for the new play and what is Jiro's role?
6. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
7. What does Jiro admire about one of Yoshida's apprentices?
8. What do Jiro and Kinshi get to do on stage during one performance?
9. Who does Jiro find at the house when he gets home and what does Jiro learn from him?
10. Who are the other apprentices?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)