|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joman's occupation?
(a) A scribe.
(b) A potter.
(c) A bandit.
(d) A samurai.
2. Who does Joman disguise himself as?
(a) Fusamu's old mother.
(b) The Shogun for whom he works.
(d) Joman's grandfather.
3. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
(a) There is a small fire.
(b) A performance is in progress.
(c) Officials are trying to make Yoshida pay more taxes.
(d) The sets are being changed.
4. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
(a) Show Jiro how to run the turn mill.
(b) Apply for a different apprenticeship.
(c) Operate the feet for the rest of the show.
(d) Repair several puppets.
5. Who offers the reward for Saburo's capture?
(a) The Samurai noble in the town.
(b) The authorities and the merchants' guild.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is offered for Saburo's capture?
2. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
3. What is Teiji's problem?
4. What does Jiro find when he is stealing the text of the next play?
5. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Jiro and his father go and spend their money, and who do they talk to there?
2. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
3. How does Jiro manage to get Kinshi his role back in the play?
4. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
5. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
6. What does Kinshi steal for a celebration and what happens?
7. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
8. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
9. What is pinned on the door of the theater and how does Yoshida respond?
10. What wakes Jiro in the night and what is the outcome?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)