|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Hanji?
(a) He has bad lungs.
(b) He had a stroke.
(c) He broke his hip.
(d) He had a heart attack.
2. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
(a) Whips Kenshi.
(b) Joins in the celebration.
(c) Fires Jiro.
(d) Whips Jiro.
3. Who saves Jiro from a ronin?
(a) Jiro saves himself.
4. Who is to control the snipe?
5. What does Jiro hope about his father?
(a) He will come to the performance.
(b) He will let Jiro come back home.
(c) He will get a job with Yoshida also.
(d) He will recover from his bad fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro keep doing?
2. What does the visitor to the theater bring?
3. Who does Joman disguise himself as?
4. Who is Okada?
5. What does Jiro do that is rude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Shogun do about Saburo?
2. Who are the other apprentices?
3. How do Jiro and the other boys feel about Jiro's assignment?
4. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
5. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
6. How does Jiro being rude earn him an apprenticeship?
7. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
8. Why is Jiro almost attacked and who saves him?
9. What play does Okada finish and what do the apprentices worry about concerning the new play?
10. Where does Jiro and his father sell their puppets?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)