|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the snipe?
(a) Its mechanism squeals.
(b) It falls off stage.
(c) It breaks.
(d) It gets caught in the clam.
2. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) The mayor.
(d) His grandfather.
3. What does Kinshi admire?
(a) One young girl in the audience.
(b) Jiro's dexterity.
(c) His father's performance.
(d) Jiro leaving home voluntarily.
4. What is said about Yoshida?
(a) He is retiring and handing over the theater to Okada.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He has an audience with the Shogun.
(d) He is sending his son to work for the Shogun.
5. What happens to Jiro's mother when she goes to the shrine to get food?
(a) She is killed.
(c) She is given work in the Shogun's house.
(d) She is attacked on the way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Hanji?
2. Why is Jiro worried about his new duty?
3. Who is Kinshi?
4. What is Taro doing when Jiro talks with him?
5. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jiro decide to do and why does he make this decision?
2. What does the Shogun do about Saburo?
3. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
4. How do Jiro and the other boys feel about Jiro's assignment?
5. What happens when Jiro goes home to see his mother?
6. What does Kinshi steal for a celebration and what happens?
7. What do Saburo and his gang do one evening?
8. How does Jiro practice puppeteering skills?
9. What do the authorities and merchant's guild offer?
10. How is Jiro's family getting along?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)