|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isako not let Jiro do?
(a) Come home.
(b) Explain his reasons.
(c) Talk to Hanji.
(d) Walk her out of the theater.
2. Who has fallen in love with Joman?
(a) Hanji's sister.
(b) No one.
(d) Kinshi's aunt.
3. What does Jiro hope about his father?
(a) He will let Jiro come back home.
(b) He will recover from his bad fall.
(c) He will get a job with Yoshida also.
(d) He will come to the performance.
4. What does Jiro find when he is stealing the text of the next play?
(a) A letter from Hanji to Yoshida.
(b) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(c) A basket hat.
(d) A letter from Yoshida to Saburo.
5. What is Taro doing when Jiro talks with him?
(a) Planting corn.
(b) Stealing some grapes.
(c) Writing out a bill of sale.
(d) Looking after his parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
2. Where are Hanji and Isako?
3. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
4. What happens to the snipe?
5. What does Jiro think Yoshida does beautifully at the performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jiro almost attacked and who saves him?
2. Where do Jiro and his father go and spend their money, and who do they talk to there?
3. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
4. Who does Jiro find at the house when he gets home and what does Jiro learn from him?
5. How does Jiro practice puppeteering skills?
6. How is Jiro's family getting along?
7. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
8. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
9. What does Isako bring to the theater and what does she tell Jiro?
10. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)