|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fusamu?
(a) Okada's wife.
(b) A courtesan.
(c) A Shogun's wife character in the play.
(d) Kinshi's aunt.
2. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
(a) He knew what to do for the master.
(b) He does not cry out.
(c) He intimitdated another boy.
(d) He found another way to move.
3. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
(a) Runs away to the city.
(b) Goes to see his father.
(c) Goes to visit his grandfather.
(d) Writes his mother a letter.
4. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
(a) A clam.
(b) A boat.
(c) A basket.
(d) A rocket.
5. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
(a) He needs a whole set of children puppets.
(b) He needs a special Empress puppet.
(c) He does not need the new puppet Hanji is making.
(d) He needs several new puppets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Wada described?
2. With whom does Yoshida find fault when he watches the boys' practice?
3. What does Kinshi say he did the last time there was a new play?
4. For what is Yoshida disciplining one of the boys?
5. Where does Jiro sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yoshida tell Jiro when Jiro presents himself to the man and how does Kinshi reassure Jiro?
2. How does Jiro practice puppeteering skills?
3. What is the basic plot of the play?
4. What does Isako bring to the theater and what does she tell Jiro?
5. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
6. Who does Jiro find at the house when he gets home and what does Jiro learn from him?
7. What do Saburo and his gang do one evening?
8. What does the Shogun do about Saburo?
9. How does Kinshi perform when he takes over for Kwada one day?
10. What do the authorities and merchant's guild offer?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)