|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Jiro's family?
(a) They have to send in more tax money.
(b) They have to move.
2. Why is Jiro worried about his new duty?
(a) He is not very tall.
(b) He trips the last time he had to do this job.
(c) His foot is still hurting from almost being attacked.
(d) It is a big responsibility and he is not sure he is ready.
3. What does Jiro hope about his father?
(a) He will get a job with Yoshida also.
(b) He will come to the performance.
(c) He will let Jiro come back home.
(d) He will recover from his bad fall.
4. What is offered for Saburo's capture?
(a) Some land.
(b) A large monetary reward.
(c) Elevation to noble class.
5. Who is to control the snipe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinshi admire?
2. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
3. Who tells Jiro he is selfish?
4. Who is Fusamu?
5. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jiro practice puppeteering skills?
2. What do Saburo and his gang do one evening?
3. Who does Jiro find at the house when he gets home and what does Jiro learn from him?
4. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
5. What does Yoshida tell Jiro when Jiro presents himself to the man and how does Kinshi reassure Jiro?
6. What does the Shogun do about Saburo?
7. How is Jiro's family getting along?
8. What does Jiro offer to about the new play and what is the outcome?
9. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
10. What does Isako bring to the theater and what does she tell Jiro?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)