|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Saburo and his band rob one evening?
(a) A rice brokerage.
(b) A bank.
(c) A pig farm.
(d) A samurai's home.
2. Why does Fusamu go into fits of shrieking?
(a) Her brother is killed by one of the bandits.
(b) Her dog is killed by one of the soldiers.
(c) To pretend her mother has died.
(d) A bandit accidentally kills her cat.
3. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) To go once more to check on his father.
(b) To be released from his apprenticeship.
(c) For a copy of the play.
(d) To speak to Yoshida.
4. How do the bandits get the stolen goods away?
(a) Inside hollowed out books.
(b) Through the garbage bin.
(c) In baskets on top of their heads.
(d) Under their robes.
5. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
(a) Practices constantly.
(b) Wraps his foot tightly to help the pain.
(c) Does acrobatic stunts.
(d) Runs several miles every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jiro do in his part of the play?
2. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
3. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
4. About whom do Jiro and Hanji talk with another man?
5. What happens to the snipe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
2. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
3. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
4. Who are the other apprentices?
5. What do the authorities and merchant's guild offer?
6. What does Kinshi steal for a celebration and what happens?
7. What does the Shogun do about Saburo?
8. Where does Jiro and his father sell their puppets?
9. What does Jiro admire about one of Yoshida's apprentices?
10. What does Jiro offer to about the new play and what is the outcome?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)