|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
(a) Some fireworks.
2. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
3. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
(a) A boat.
(b) A clam.
(c) A rocket.
(d) A basket.
4. What does Isako not let Jiro do?
(a) Walk her out of the theater.
(b) Come home.
(c) Talk to Hanji.
(d) Explain his reasons.
5. What does Jiro decide to do?
(a) Go offer himself as an apprentice to Yoshidaq.
(b) Apprentice himself to the blacksmith.
(c) Work a small plot of land near the forest.
(d) Go to the big city to find work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fusamu go into fits of shrieking?
2. Who has fallen in love with Joman?
3. What does Kinshi say he did the last time there was a new play?
4. In what country does Jiro live?
5. What list does Yoshida post?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
2. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
3. What do Saburo and his gang do one evening?
4. What does Jiro decide to do and why does he make this decision?
5. Who are the other apprentices?
6. How do Jiro and the other boys feel about Jiro's assignment?
7. What do Jiro and Kinshi get to do on stage during one performance?
8. Where do Jiro and his father go and spend their money, and who do they talk to there?
9. What is the basic plot of the play?
10. What happens when Jiro goes home to see his mother?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)