|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kinshi?
(a) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
(b) The son of Saburo.
(c) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
(d) The blacksmith's son.
2. Who is Hanji?
(a) Jiro's father.
(b) Jiro's sister.
(c) Jiro's grandmother.
(d) Jiro's brother.
3. What does Jiro decide to do on the New Year instead of celebrating with the others?
(a) Work overtime for some food for his mother.
(b) Go see his mother.
(c) Go to talk to his brother.
4. What does Jiro decide to do?
(a) Apprentice himself to the blacksmith.
(b) Go offer himself as an apprentice to Yoshidaq.
(c) Work a small plot of land near the forest.
(d) Go to the big city to find work.
5. For what is Yoshida disciplining one of the boys?
(a) Breaking a pot.
(b) Breaking a cycle.
(c) Moving a puppet.
(d) Mixing the clay too thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okada tell Jiro to claim?
2. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
3. What does Kinshi say he did the last time there was a new play?
4. What has Jiro learned about his mother?
5. What does Jiro hope about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What play does Okada finish and what do the apprentices worry about concerning the new play?
2. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
3. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
4. What do the authorities and merchant's guild offer?
5. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
6. What does Yoshida tell Jiro when Jiro presents himself to the man and how does Kinshi reassure Jiro?
7. How does Jiro help his father and how does this help his family?
8. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
9. What do Saburo and his gang do one evening?
10. Who does Jiro meet at the theater and what does the person tell Jiro?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)