|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jiro go after talking with Taro?
(a) To his cousin's farm.
(b) To the Hanaza.
(c) To the capitol.
(d) To the big city.
2. What is offered for Saburo's capture?
(a) Elevation to noble class.
(c) Some land.
(d) A large monetary reward.
3. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
(a) There is no more work.
(b) Jiro may visit Hanji.
(c) The puppet is unbalanced.
(d) Jiro has to work longer for a recommendation.
4. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) For a copy of the play.
(b) To go once more to check on his father.
(c) To speak to Yoshida.
(d) To be released from his apprenticeship.
5. What is the state of Jiro's family?
(b) They have to move.
(d) They have to send in more tax money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What list does Yoshida post?
2. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
3. In what country does Jiro live?
4. How is Minoru described?
5. What does Jiro keep doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kinshi steal for a celebration and what happens?
2. What does Jiro admire about one of Yoshida's apprentices?
3. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
4. How does Jiro help his father and how does this help his family?
5. What does Isako bring to the theater and what does she tell Jiro?
6. What do the authorities and merchant's guild offer?
7. Where do Jiro and his father go and spend their money, and who do they talk to there?
8. How is Jiro's family getting along?
9. How does Jiro being rude earn him an apprenticeship?
10. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)