|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
(a) The puppet is unbalanced.
(b) Jiro may visit Hanji.
(c) Jiro has to work longer for a recommendation.
(d) There is no more work.
2. What will Jiro be able to do someday if he is employed properly?
(a) Set up his own vegetable farm.
(b) Help his siblings.
(d) Give his family money.
3. How do the bandits get the stolen goods away?
(a) Inside hollowed out books.
(b) Through the garbage bin.
(c) Under their robes.
(d) In baskets on top of their heads.
4. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
(a) Fires Jiro.
(b) Joins in the celebration.
(c) Whips Kenshi.
(d) Whips Jiro.
5. Who is Okada?
(a) The master painter.
(b) The master chanter.
(c) The stable hand.
(d) The cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the theater the next morning?
2. What is Jiro's part in the new play?
3. Who is Yoshida?
4. What does Kinshi admire?
5. About whom do Jiro and Hanji talk with another man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Shogun do about Saburo?
2. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
3. What does Jiro decide to do and why does he make this decision?
4. What do Saburo and his gang do one evening?
5. What does Kinshi steal for a celebration and what happens?
6. What is the basic plot of the play?
7. How does Kinshi perform when he takes over for Kwada one day?
8. What does Isako bring to the theater and what does she tell Jiro?
9. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
10. How do Jiro and the other boys feel about Jiro's assignment?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)