|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
(a) That Jiro is the new apprentice.
(b) That Jiro will work very hard.
(c) That Jiro can make puppets.
(d) That Kenshi is a wonderful son.
2. Who is Hanji?
(a) Jiro's grandmother.
(b) Jiro's father.
(c) Jiro's sister.
(d) Jiro's brother.
3. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
(a) Does acrobatic stunts.
(b) Practices constantly.
(c) Wraps his foot tightly to help the pain.
(d) Runs several miles every day.
4. For what are the boys preparing?
(a) The New Year.
(b) Yoshida's birthday.
(c) Okada's birthday.
(d) The Emperor's birthday.
5. What is Kwada's job in the theater?
(a) Foot operator.
(b) Costume designer.
(c) Prop man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
2. What does Jiro find when he is stealing the text of the next play?
3. What is the state of Jiro's family?
4. How does Okada react to Jiro's request?
5. What does Jiro hope about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who posts the roles for the new play and what is Jiro's role?
2. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
3. What do Jiro and Kinshi get to do on stage during one performance?
4. What does Jiro decide to do and why does he make this decision?
5. What play does Okada finish and what do the apprentices worry about concerning the new play?
6. Why is Jiro almost attacked and who saves him?
7. What happens when Jiro goes home to see his mother?
8. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
9. What is the basic plot of the play?
10. Who does Jiro find at the house when he gets home and what does Jiro learn from him?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)