|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
(a) He is of making his parents angry.
(b) He worries that his mother will miss him.
(c) He is afraid he will miss his brothers.
(d) He is afraid of failure.
2. Who is Hanji?
(a) Jiro's sister.
(b) Jiro's grandmother.
(c) Jiro's father.
(d) Jiro's brother.
3. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For a short letter of introduction.
(b) For permission to check on his father.
(c) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
(d) For more work.
4. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
(a) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was dying.
(b) Jiro talks to his younger brother.
(c) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was missing.
(d) Jiro did not come to watch Jiro's performance.
5. What does Jiro find when he is stealing the text of the next play?
(a) A letter from Hanji to Yoshida.
(b) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(c) A letter from Yoshida to Saburo.
(d) A basket hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
2. What list does Yoshida post?
3. To whom does Kinshi introduce Jiro?
4. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
5. What is Jiro's part in the new play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jiro and Kinshi get to do on stage during one performance?
2. What does Jiro admire about one of Yoshida's apprentices?
3. What does Kinshi steal for a celebration and what happens?
4. What play does Okada finish and what do the apprentices worry about concerning the new play?
5. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
6. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
7. Where does Jiro and his father sell their puppets?
8. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
9. Who does Jiro meet at the theater and what does the person tell Jiro?
10. Who are the other apprentices?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)