|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hanji?
(a) Jiro's father.
(b) Jiro's brother.
(c) Jiro's grandmother.
(d) Jiro's sister.
2. How does Okada react to Jiro's request?
(a) He says he cannot release him.
(b) He says he will send someone to find out about Hinji.
(c) He laughs and gives him a copy.
(d) He refuses to give Jiro a copy.
3. What is said about Yoshida?
(a) He has an audience with the Shogun.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is retiring and handing over the theater to Okada.
(d) He is sending his son to work for the Shogun.
4. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
(a) Officials are trying to make Yoshida pay more taxes.
(b) There is a small fire.
(c) The sets are being changed.
(d) A performance is in progress.
5. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
(d) Some fireworks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
2. How is Wada described?
3. What is wrong with Hanji?
4. What happens to Jiro's mother when she goes to the shrine to get food?
5. What is Teiji's problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jiro discover a Samurai sword?
2. Describe the latest theft Saburo pulls off.
3. How does Jiro arrange the meeting with Okada?
4. What does Okada tell Jiro and how does Jiro react?
5. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
6. Who posts the roles for the new play and what is Jiro's role?
7. Describe the conversation between Okada and Jiro.
8. How does Kinshi get out of his chores and what do the other boys do?
9. What part is Kinshi assigned in the new play and what does Jiro learn as they go to get puppets for Kinshi to practice?
10. What does Yoshida tell Jiro when Jiro presents himself to the man and how does Kinshi reassure Jiro?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)