|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
(a) Move the puppets towards the center of the stage.
(b) Try to mess up Jiro on his first day.
(c) Nod when it's time to pull the curtain.
(d) Pull the curtain while Jiro drops the set.
2. Who is Saburo?
(a) The medicine man of the village.
(b) A notorious bandit.
(c) The mayor of the village.
(d) A blacksmith.
3. For what are the boys preparing?
(a) Okada's birthday.
(b) The Emperor's birthday.
(c) The New Year.
(d) Yoshida's birthday.
4. Who does the character Joman resemble?
(b) The Shogun.
5. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
(a) A painter.
(b) A potter.
(c) A puppeteer.
(d) A blacksmith,.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro find when he is stealing the text of the next play?
2. What does Okada tell Jiro to claim?
3. How do the bandits get the stolen goods away?
4. What happens to the snipe?
5. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jiro almost attacked and who saves him?
2. What does Isako bring to the theater and what does she tell Jiro?
3. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
4. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
5. How does Jiro being rude earn him an apprenticeship?
6. How does Kinshi perform when he takes over for Kwada one day?
7. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
8. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
9. What does Jiro decide to do and why does he make this decision?
10. What does Jiro admire about one of Yoshida's apprentices?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)