|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the theater the next morning?
(c) Jiro's youngest brother.
2. Who is Kinshi?
(a) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
(b) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
(c) The blacksmith's son.
(d) The son of Saburo.
3. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
(a) His father.
(b) The mayor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandfather.
4. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
(a) He intimitdated another boy.
(b) He found another way to move.
(c) He does not cry out.
(d) He knew what to do for the master.
5. Who is Taro?
(a) Jiro's cousin.
(b) Another puppet apprentice.
(c) The mean grain merchant.
(d) Jiro's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro find when he is stealing the text of the next play?
2. What is offered for Saburo's capture?
3. What does the visitor to the theater bring?
4. Who is Okada?
5. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
2. What do Saburo and his gang do one evening?
3. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
4. Who does Jiro find at the house when he gets home and what does Jiro learn from him?
5. What does the Shogun do about Saburo?
6. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
7. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
8. How do Jiro and the other boys feel about Jiro's assignment?
9. What does Jiro decide to do and why does he make this decision?
10. Why is Jiro almost attacked and who saves him?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)