|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
(b) For permission to check on his father.
(c) For a short letter of introduction.
(d) For more work.
2. Who is Yoshida?
(a) Jiro's brother.
(b) A master potter.
(c) Jiro's uncle.
(d) The master puppeteer.
3. Who is Taro?
(a) Jiro's neighbor.
(b) The mean grain merchant.
(c) Another puppet apprentice.
(d) Jiro's cousin.
4. What is the state of Jiro's family?
(a) They have to send in more tax money.
(c) They have to move.
5. Who is jealous of Jiro?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what disguise do Saburo and his crew pull off the robbery?
2. To whom does Kinshi introduce Jiro?
3. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
4. What does Jiro keep doing?
5. Who does Joman disguise himself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
2. Who does Jiro find at the house when he gets home and what does Jiro learn from him?
3. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
4. How is Jiro's family getting along?
5. What does Isako bring to the theater and what does she tell Jiro?
6. How do Jiro and the other boys feel about Jiro's assignment?
7. Who posts the roles for the new play and what is Jiro's role?
8. What happens when Jiro goes home to see his mother?
9. What is the basic plot of the play?
10. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)