|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
2. Who is Kinshi?
(a) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
(b) The blacksmith's son.
(c) The son of Saburo.
(d) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
3. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
(a) Show Jiro how to run the turn mill.
(b) Repair several puppets.
(c) Apply for a different apprenticeship.
(d) Operate the feet for the rest of the show.
4. What is wrong with Hanji?
(a) He has bad lungs.
(b) He broke his hip.
(c) He had a stroke.
(d) He had a heart attack.
5. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
(a) The mayor.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isako not let Jiro do?
2. Who is Saburo?
3. What is the state of Jiro's family?
4. Who wears baskets on their heads?
5. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
2. Why is Jiro almost attacked and who saves him?
3. Who does Jiro find at the house when he gets home and what does Jiro learn from him?
4. What does Isako bring to the theater and what does she tell Jiro?
5. What does Jiro admire about one of Yoshida's apprentices?
6. What do Jiro and Kinshi get to do on stage during one performance?
7. How does Jiro help his father and how does this help his family?
8. Who posts the roles for the new play and what is Jiro's role?
9. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
10. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)