|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mochida?
(a) The head of the puppet's guild.
(b) The head of the blacksmith's guild.
(c) Yoshida's tailor.
(d) A kind man who oversees the apprentices.
2. Who has fallen in love with Joman?
(a) No one.
(b) Kinshi's aunt.
(c) Hanji's sister.
3. What happens to Jiro's mother when she goes to the shrine to get food?
(a) She is attacked on the way home.
(b) She is killed.
(c) She is given work in the Shogun's house.
4. In what country does Jiro live?
5. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
(a) Jiro talks to his younger brother.
(b) Jiro did not come to watch Jiro's performance.
(c) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was dying.
(d) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Saburo and his band rob one evening?
2. Who is Kinshi?
3. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
4. For what is Yoshida disciplining one of the boys?
5. Why is Jiro worried about his new duty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yoshida tell Jiro when Jiro presents himself to the man and how does Kinshi reassure Jiro?
2. What do Jiro and Kinshi get to do on stage during one performance?
3. How does Jiro practice puppeteering skills?
4. Who are the other apprentices?
5. Who does Jiro meet at the theater and what does the person tell Jiro?
6. What happens when Jiro goes home to see his mother?
7. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
8. How does Jiro being rude earn him an apprenticeship?
9. How does Okada respond to Jiro's question?
10. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)