|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Teiji's problem?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He limps from a club foot.
(c) He has several fingers missing.
(d) He has a tic in his face.
2. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
(a) Wraps his foot tightly to help the pain.
(b) Runs several miles every day.
(c) Practices constantly.
(d) Does acrobatic stunts.
3. What does Jiro keep doing?
(a) Swatting at a bee.
(c) Making up songs in his mind.
(d) Making mistakes.
4. How is Minoru described?
(b) There is no mention of a Minoru.
(c) Ugly and thin.
(d) Handsome and has a beautiful voice.
5. What happens to Jiro's mother when she goes to the shrine to get food?
(b) She is given work in the Shogun's house.
(c) She is killed.
(d) She is attacked on the way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jiro do in his part of the play?
2. What is Jiro helping his father do?
3. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
4. What will Jiro be able to do someday if he is employed properly?
5. What list does Yoshida post?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jiro make mistakes and how does his mother react?
2. How does Jiro practice puppeteering skills?
3. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
4. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
5. What does Kinshi steal for a celebration and what happens?
6. What does Jiro admire about one of Yoshida's apprentices?
7. What do the authorities and merchant's guild offer?
8. What does Jiro discover when he goes to steal the script for the next play?
9. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
10. What do Jiro and Kinshi get to do on stage during one performance?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)