|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the character Joman resemble?
(b) The Shogun.
2. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) To speak to Yoshida.
(b) To go once more to check on his father.
(c) To be released from his apprenticeship.
(d) For a copy of the play.
3. What is Joman's occupation?
(a) A samurai.
(b) A scribe.
(c) A bandit.
(d) A potter.
4. What does Kinshi say he did the last time there was a new play?
(a) Stole Yoshida's personal copy.
(b) Suggested some new puppets for it.
(c) Changed some of the lines.
(d) Memorized all the lines.
5. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
(a) He needs a special Empress puppet.
(b) He does not need the new puppet Hanji is making.
(c) He needs a whole set of children puppets.
(d) He needs several new puppets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hanji?
2. In what country does Jiro live?
3. Where does Jiro go after talking with Taro?
4. How does Okada react to Jiro's request?
5. What is said about Yoshida?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jiro admire about one of Yoshida's apprentices?
2. What does Isako bring to the theater and what does she tell Jiro?
3. What does Jiro offer to about the new play and what is the outcome?
4. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
5. Who does Jiro meet at the theater and what does the person tell Jiro?
6. How do Jiro and the other boys feel about Jiro's assignment?
7. What does Jiro hope about his father and what is the outcome?
8. What does the Shogun do about Saburo?
9. What happens when Jiro goes home to see his mother?
10. What do the authorities and merchant's guild offer?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)