|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
(a) Goes to see his father.
(b) Runs away to the city.
(c) Writes his mother a letter.
(d) Goes to visit his grandfather.
2. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
(a) That Jiro will work very hard.
(b) That Jiro can make puppets.
(c) That Kenshi is a wonderful son.
(d) That Jiro is the new apprentice.
3. Who has fallen in love with Joman?
(b) Kinshi's aunt.
(c) No one.
(d) Hanji's sister.
4. How is Wada described?
(a) Ugly and fat.
(b) Thin and quick.
(d) Very smart.
5. What list does Yoshida post?
(a) A list of new words in the play.
(b) The rotation of cleaning and scrubbing duties.
(c) The names of the expected attendees of the opening night of the new play.
(d) The boys' roles in the new play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jiro worried about his new duty?
2. What is said about Yoshida?
3. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
4. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
5. Who wears baskets on their heads?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jiro offer to about the new play and what is the outcome?
2. How does Kinshi perform when he takes over for Kwada one day?
3. Where does Jiro and his father sell their puppets?
4. What play does Okada finish and what do the apprentices worry about concerning the new play?
5. What do the authorities and merchant's guild offer?
6. How does Jiro help his father and how does this help his family?
7. What does Kinshi steal for a celebration and what happens?
8. What is the basic plot of the play?
9. What does Jiro decide to do and why does he make this decision?
10. How does Jiro practice puppeteering skills?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)