|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
(a) Some fireworks.
2. Where are Hanji and Isako?
(a) Jiro's cousin's farm.
(b) Jiro's grandfather's place in the capitol.
(c) Jiro does not find out.
(d) The big city.
3. What is the situation in this country during this time?
(a) A religious upheaval.
(b) A drought.
(c) A civil war.
(d) A famine.
4. Who wears baskets on their heads?
(a) Komuso monks.
(c) The wives of the merchant class.
(d) The wives of the peasant class.
5. Who does Joman disguise himself as?
(a) Fusamu's old mother.
(b) Joman's grandfather.
(c) The Shogun for whom he works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the snipe?
2. What does Jiro keep doing?
3. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
4. Who is Yoshida?
5. Who saves Jiro from a ronin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
2. What do Jiro and Kinshi think of Yoshida's performance?
3. Where does Jiro and his father sell their puppets?
4. What happens when Jiro goes home to see his mother?
5. How do Jiro and the other boys feel about Jiro's assignment?
6. How does Jiro help his father and how does this help his family?
7. Where do Jiro and his father go and spend their money, and who do they talk to there?
8. What do the authorities and merchant's guild offer?
9. How does Jiro being rude earn him an apprenticeship?
10. How does Jiro practice puppeteering skills?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)