|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joman disguise himself as?
(a) The Shogun for whom he works.
(b) Joman's grandfather.
(c) Fusamu's old mother.
2. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
(a) Move the puppets towards the center of the stage.
(b) Nod when it's time to pull the curtain.
(c) Pull the curtain while Jiro drops the set.
(d) Try to mess up Jiro on his first day.
3. Who is jealous of Jiro?
(a) No one.
4. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
(a) Writes his mother a letter.
(b) Goes to visit his grandfather.
(c) Goes to see his father.
(d) Runs away to the city.
5. What is the state of Jiro's family?
(a) They have to move.
(d) They have to send in more tax money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro decide to do?
2. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
3. Where are Hanji and Isako?
4. What is wrong with Hanji?
5. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jiro being rude earn him an apprenticeship?
2. How does Jiro discover a Samurai sword?
3. What happens in the theater when the play is over and how does the assistant magistrate react?
4. What does Jiro decide to do and why does he make this decision?
5. What does Yoshida tell Jiro when Jiro presents himself to the man and how does Kinshi reassure Jiro?
6. How do some of the attendees feel about the resemblance of Joman to Saburo?
7. What does Jiro conclude after seeing the Samurai sword?
8. What does Jiro beg Kinshi to do and what is Kinshi's reply?
9. What happens when the boys are sewing and practicing later that night and how does Yoshida react?
10. What does Okada tell Jiro and how does Jiro react?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)