Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bird on the crest of the Samurai who visits Yoshida?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A hawk.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A heron.
2. What does Okada ask Jiro to do?
(a) Not say anything to Kenshi.
(b) Retrieve the Samurai sword.
(c) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(d) Go to an address and leave a note.
3. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
(c) Jiro's mother.
4. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
(a) Some sleep.
(b) Some rice.
(d) Some newly-made fish balls.
5. What does Jiro say when he asks to speak to Okada?
(a) It must happen that day.
(b) It is a matter of life and death.
(c) He will have to leave the theater if he cannot speak with Okada.
(d) Jiro does not elaborate.
6. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
(a) It would be the end of food for the poor.
(b) It would be a betrayal.
(c) It would harm his parents.
(d) It would leave him without a job.
7. What is Jiro shocked when the play opens that night?
(a) His father is there.
(b) His mother is there with his father.
(c) There are few people in attendance.
(d) His brother is there.
8. How do the boys decide to give Kinshi his role back?
(a) To appeal to Yoshida.
(b) They do not see how they can do so.
(c) To appeal to Okada.
(d) A last-minute swap.
9. What is happening in the city when Jiro goes there after the performance?
(a) Absolute silence.
(b) Hundreds of people are standing silently outside the Shogun's residence.
10. What does Mochida explain to Jiro?
(a) The police have said that nothing controversial may be shown at the theater.
(b) Merchants are staying home to guard their wares.
(c) Saburo's gang has declared the theater off limits.
(d) The police have intimidated many would-be theater goers.
11. How is Kinshi the next morning?
(d) Very depressed.
12. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A merchant.
(d) No one.
13. How does Kinshi get out of his chores?
(a) He volunteers to deliver an invitation from Yoshida.
(b) He says he needs to practice.
(c) He says he is sick.
(d) He volunteers to go to market.
14. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
(b) Come backstage after the performance.
(d) See his part in the play.
15. How does Yoshida praise the assistant magistrate?
(a) Yoshida does not respond at all to the assistant magistrate.
(b) Saying assistant magistrate is very noble.
(c) Saying assistant magistrate is very wise.
(d) Saying assistant magistrate is very wily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okada admit to Jiro?
2. What are the wealthy in the town saying?
3. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
4. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
5. What does Mochida ask Jiro the next morning?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)