|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) A policeman.
(b) No one.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A merchant.
2. What does Kinshi do instead of what he says he is going to do?
(a) Sneaks to the upstairs warehouse.
(b) Takes food to Jiro's mothre.
(c) Writes in his journal.
3. What is the bird on the crest of the Samurai who visits Yoshida?
(a) A hawk.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A heron.
(d) A vulture.
4. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
(a) It would harm his parents.
(b) It would be the end of food for the poor.
(c) It would be a betrayal.
(d) It would leave him without a job.
5. What is going to be the entrance fee for a special showing of "The Thief of the Tokaido"?
(a) Half price.
(b) Same as always.
(c) Two for one.
6. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
(d) Jiro's mother.
7. How does Jiro respond to Yashida's questioning?
(a) Jiro feigns ignorance.
(b) Jiro starts crying.
(c) Jiro tells the truth.
(d) Jiro says Kanshi is taking medicine to Jiro's mother.
8. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
(a) He has been assigned as foot operator for a difficult part.
(b) He has broken his toe.
(c) He cannot seem to remember his lines.
(d) He is not worried.
9. How do the boys treat Jiro?
(a) The same as always.
(b) Like a traitor.
(c) Like an outsider.
(d) Like a lucky charm.
10. How is the play doing as Spring rolls around?
(a) It has been banned by the Shogun.
(b) It is about to be retired.
(c) It is poorly attended.
(d) It is still successful.
11. To whom does Jiro think it would be best to talk?
(b) His mother.
12. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
(a) Appeal to the Shogun.
(b) Put on a play called The Battle of Dannoura.
(c) Defy the authorities.
(d) Appeal to the Emperor.
13. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
(a) See his part in the play.
(c) Come backstage after the performance.
14. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
(a) Some newly-made fish balls.
(b) Some sleep.
(c) Some rice.
15. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the stable's loft.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In the upstairs storehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jira say he will try to arrange for Kinshi?
2. What are the wealthy in the town saying?
3. What does Mochida say when he grabs Jiro?
4. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
5. What does Mochida ask Jiro the next morning?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)