|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to take Jiro to Okada?
(c) No one.
2. What awakens Jiro in the middle of the night?
(a) Someone sobbing.
(b) A dark barking.
(c) The sounds of a angry mob.
(d) Kinshi moving about.
3. Why does Jiro not want to go to Yoshida?
(a) Yoshida may punish Kenshi terribly.
(b) Jiro does not think Yoshida will care.
(c) Yoshida may fire Jiro.
(d) Yoshida will be too angry to listen.
4. What does Jiro say to Mochida's question?
(a) Kanshi is sad.
(b) Kanshi went for an early morning walk.
(c) Kanshi has been having nightmares.
(d) Kanshi has not been feeling well.
5. How is Kinshi the next morning?
(b) Very depressed.
6. What does Kinshi do instead of what he says he is going to do?
(a) Takes food to Jiro's mothre.
(b) Sneaks to the upstairs warehouse.
(c) Writes in his journal.
7. Why is Jiro irritable as Kinshi practices?
(a) He is worried about Hanji.
(b) He is worried that Saburo is going to attack the theater again.
(c) He is worried about his mother.
(d) He is jealous of Kinshi.
8. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
(a) Goes into a Buddhist convent.
(b) Grieves for years.
(c) Kills herself.
(d) Marries another man.
9. What does Kinshi say he has to do?
(a) Protect his family.
(b) Help the night rovers.
(c) Find out who Saburo is.
(d) Figure out where his father gets so much food.
10. What does Jiro agree to do after the last performance of the day?
(a) Go and warn the night rovers.
(b) Go and tell his mother to stay home that night.
(c) Retrieve the sword.
(d) Ask Kenshi to see Okada.
11. Who is shouting for Yoshida at the gate?
(a) The police.
(b) No one.
(c) The night rovers.
(d) Saburo's gang.
12. Who does Jiro think is Saburto?
(a) He is not sure.
13. What does Jiro say when he asks to speak to Okada?
(a) Jiro does not elaborate.
(b) It is a matter of life and death.
(c) It must happen that day.
(d) He will have to leave the theater if he cannot speak with Okada.
14. What is Jiro shocked when the play opens that night?
(a) His father is there.
(b) His mother is there with his father.
(c) There are few people in attendance.
(d) His brother is there.
15. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) In the practice room.
(b) In the upstairs storeroom.
(c) The stable.
(d) Down by the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jira say he will try to arrange for Kinshi?
2. How do the boys treat Jiro?
3. What does Yashida order Jiro to do?
4. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
5. What does Jiro explain about Yoshida?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)