|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jiro think is Saburto?
(d) He is not sure.
2. What does Mochida say when he grabs Jiro?
(a) He is needed to play Kenshi's role.
(b) Kenshi needs him at the river.
(c) His father is outside in the courtyard.
(d) Yoshida wants to speak to him.
3. What does Okada ask Jiro?
(a) If Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(b) If Jiro believes in what Kinshi is doing.
(c) If Jiro is tempted to turn in Yoshida.
(d) If Jiro would lay his life on the line for Kinshi.
4. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
(a) Goes into a Buddhist convent.
(b) Kills herself.
(c) Grieves for years.
(d) Marries another man.
5. What does Kinshi say he has to do?
(a) Protect his family.
(b) Figure out where his father gets so much food.
(c) Find out who Saburo is.
(d) Help the night rovers.
6. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) The stable.
(b) Down by the river.
(c) In the practice room.
(d) In the upstairs storeroom.
7. What does Jiro say to Mochida's question?
(a) Kanshi went for an early morning walk.
(b) Kanshi is sad.
(c) Kanshi has not been feeling well.
(d) Kanshi has been having nightmares.
8. Who is shouting for Yoshida at the gate?
(a) The night rovers.
(b) No one.
(c) Saburo's gang.
(d) The police.
9. How is Yoshida after his play is shut down?
10. What are the wealthy in the town saying?
(a) The poor need to work harder.
(b) The police are incompetent.
(c) They will not trust the police again.
(d) The poor do not deserve to eat.
11. What does Mochida explain to Jiro?
(a) Merchants are staying home to guard their wares.
(b) The police have said that nothing controversial may be shown at the theater.
(c) Saburo's gang has declared the theater off limits.
(d) The police have intimidated many would-be theater goers.
12. Why does Jiro not want to go to Yoshida?
(a) Jiro does not think Yoshida will care.
(b) Yoshida will be too angry to listen.
(c) Yoshida may punish Kenshi terribly.
(d) Yoshida may fire Jiro.
13. Why won't Kinshi allow Jiro to come with him at night?
(a) Jiro needs to cover for Kinshi at the theater.
(b) Kinshi works better alone.
(c) Jiro is too kind and would get hurt.
(d) Jiro is too small.
14. How does Saburo's gang rob the merchant's house?
(a) They do so after putting the merchant in jail.
(b) By forcing the occupants to vacate the buildings with a search warrant.
(c) They do not rob the merchant after he gives them some money that is on his person.
(d) They only rob the livestock.
15. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
(a) For accepting bribes.
(b) For bad scales.
(c) For ties to Saburo.
(d) For cheating on his taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yoshida praise the assistant magistrate?
2. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
3. Why is Jiro irritable as Kinshi practices?
4. What does Yashida order Jiro to do?
5. What does Jiro say when he asks to speak to Okada?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)