|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
(b) Some rice.
(c) Some sleep.
(d) Some newly-made fish balls.
2. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
(a) See his part in the play.
(d) Come backstage after the performance.
3. What does Okada ask Jiro?
(a) If Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(b) If Jiro would lay his life on the line for Kinshi.
(c) If Jiro believes in what Kinshi is doing.
(d) If Jiro is tempted to turn in Yoshida.
4. What is Jiro shocked when the play opens that night?
(a) His mother is there with his father.
(b) His brother is there.
(c) His father is there.
(d) There are few people in attendance.
5. What does Jiro try to figure out?
(a) How to keep Kinshi safe.
(b) How to keep his mother safe.
(c) How to arrange a meeting with Saburo for Kinshi.
(d) How to find his father.
6. How does Yoshida react when he hears about what is pinned to the door?
(a) He tells them to post the message in the courtyard.
(b) He tells them to ignore the message.
(c) He tells them to burn the message.
(d) He tells them to take the message to the Shogun.
7. Who comes to take Jiro to Okada?
(d) No one.
8. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
(a) Jiro's mother.
9. What does the Samurai tell Yoshida?
(a) That the performance will not be allowed.
(b) That the performance will be done in the town square.
(c) That Yoshida can make his own decision about whether to do the play or not.
(d) That there will be hidden soldiers in the audience.
10. What happens after the play is done?
(a) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(b) The people stand and chant Saburo's name.
(c) The lights go out and a voice makes a statement.
(d) The soldiers start clubbing people.
11. Why dos Jiro run past Okada?
(a) He is needed in the theater.
(b) He hears Kenshi screaming.
(c) He is afraid of what the man will do.
(d) He hears his father yelling.
12. What does Jiro tell Okada?
(a) About his mother being beaten.
(b) About Kinshi's night activities.
(c) About Kinshi's hopes.
(d) About his father's disappearance.
13. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
(a) It would be the end of food for the poor.
(b) It would be a betrayal.
(c) It would leave him without a job.
(d) It would harm his parents.
14. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the stable's loft.
(c) In the upstairs storehouse.
(d) In the cellar.
15. What does Jira say he will try to arrange for Kinshi?
(a) A meeting with Yashida.
(b) A bigger part in the next play.
(c) A way to keep his assigned job.
(d) A meeting with Saburo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have some people started doing at night?
2. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
3. What does the man make the puppet do?
4. What does Hanji give Jiro?
5. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)