|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
(a) A red cape.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A barrel of rice.
(d) A Samaurai sword.
2. What does Jiro tell Okada?
(a) About his mother being beaten.
(b) About his father's disappearance.
(c) About Kinshi's hopes.
(d) About Kinshi's night activities.
3. What does Mochida explain to Jiro?
(a) Merchants are staying home to guard their wares.
(b) The police have said that nothing controversial may be shown at the theater.
(c) The police have intimidated many would-be theater goers.
(d) Saburo's gang has declared the theater off limits.
4. What does Okada ask Jiro to do?
(a) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(b) Go to an address and leave a note.
(c) Retrieve the Samurai sword.
(d) Not say anything to Kenshi.
5. What does Jiro say to Mochida's question?
(a) Kanshi has been having nightmares.
(b) Kanshi has not been feeling well.
(c) Kanshi is sad.
(d) Kanshi went for an early morning walk.
6. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
(a) That Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(b) That Jiro trust Kenshi completely.
(c) That is not up to Jiro to judge.
(d) That Jiro could never hurt Kenshi.
7. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
(a) It would harm his parents.
(b) It would be the end of food for the poor.
(c) It would be a betrayal.
(d) It would leave him without a job.
8. What does Yashida order Jiro to do?
(a) Practice to be the foot operator for Akoya's part.
(b) Go home and check on his mother.
(c) Go find Kanshi.
(d) Leave and not come back.
9. What does Jira say he will try to arrange for Kinshi?
(a) A way to keep his assigned job.
(b) A meeting with Yashida.
(c) A bigger part in the next play.
(d) A meeting with Saburo.
10. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) Down by the river.
(b) In the practice room.
(c) The stable.
(d) In the upstairs storeroom.
11. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
(b) Jiro's mother.
12. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
(a) For accepting bribes.
(b) For cheating on his taxes.
(c) For ties to Saburo.
(d) For bad scales.
13. How does Saburo's gang rob the merchant's house?
(a) They do not rob the merchant after he gives them some money that is on his person.
(b) By forcing the occupants to vacate the buildings with a search warrant.
(c) They only rob the livestock.
(d) They do so after putting the merchant in jail.
14. What does Mochida say when he grabs Jiro?
(a) His father is outside in the courtyard.
(b) Kenshi needs him at the river.
(c) Yoshida wants to speak to him.
(d) He is needed to play Kenshi's role.
15. What is happening in the city when Jiro goes there after the performance?
(a) Absolute silence.
(d) Hundreds of people are standing silently outside the Shogun's residence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man make the puppet do?
2. How does Yoshida react when he hears about what is pinned to the door?
3. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
4. Where is the crest Jiro sees?
5. What does the girl who is being courted by a high-born suitor do?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)