|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
(d) Jiro's mother.
2. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
(a) A barrel of rice.
(b) A Samaurai sword.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A red cape.
3. What happens after the play is done?
(a) The soldiers start clubbing people.
(b) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(c) The lights go out and a voice makes a statement.
(d) The people stand and chant Saburo's name.
4. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the stable's loft.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In the upstairs storehouse.
5. What have some people started doing at night?
(a) Setting fire to weathly men's homes.
(b) Helping Saburo's gang.
(c) Wandering the streets and throwing stones at wealthy men's homes.
(d) Gathering in secret groups.
6. To whom does Jiro think it would be best to talk?
(d) His mother.
7. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
(a) To go with Jiro to see Jiro's mother.
(b) Not to go out again that night.
(c) If Kinshi is ill.
(d) To see if Yoshida will excuse Kenshi from the play.
8. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
(a) Some rice.
(b) Some sleep.
(c) Some newly-made fish balls.
9. Why won't Kinshi allow Jiro to come with him at night?
(a) Kinshi works better alone.
(b) Jiro needs to cover for Kinshi at the theater.
(c) Jiro is too small.
(d) Jiro is too kind and would get hurt.
10. Who is shouting for Yoshida at the gate?
(a) The police.
(b) Saburo's gang.
(c) No one.
(d) The night rovers.
11. What does Okada ask Jiro to do?
(a) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(b) Go to an address and leave a note.
(c) Retrieve the Samurai sword.
(d) Not say anything to Kenshi.
12. What is going to be the entrance fee for a special showing of "The Thief of the Tokaido"?
(b) Same as always.
(c) Half price.
(d) Two for one.
13. What does Jiro realize about the puppeteer?
(a) It is Toza.
(b) It is Hanji.
(c) It is Yoshida.
(d) It is Okada.
14. What does Jiro explain about Yoshida?
(a) That he is afraid to confront Yoshida.
(b) That Yoshida will probably make Jiro leave the theater.
(c) That Yoshida saved him once.
(d) What he has learned about Yoshida.
15. What does Okada ask Jiro?
(a) If Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(b) If Jiro would lay his life on the line for Kinshi.
(c) If Jiro is tempted to turn in Yoshida.
(d) If Jiro believes in what Kinshi is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kinshi get out of his chores?
2. What does Mochida say when he grabs Jiro?
3. Who does Jiro think is Saburto?
4. How is the play doing as Spring rolls around?
5. Why dos Jiro run past Okada?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)