|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
(a) About the assistant magistrate losing his head.
(b) About the Emperor's response to the play.
(c) About Saburo's latest theft.
(d) About the assistant magistrate losing his position.
2. How is Yoshida after his play is shut down?
3. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
(a) That Jiro could never hurt Kenshi.
(b) That Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(c) That Jiro trust Kenshi completely.
(d) That is not up to Jiro to judge.
4. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
(a) He thinks they should distribute the food to the poor.
(b) He thinks the food is stolen.
(c) It is wrong for them to have so much.
(d) He does not know where they get the food.
5. To whom does Jiro think it would be best to talk?
(c) His mother.
6. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
(a) Appeal to the Shogun.
(b) Defy the authorities.
(c) Appeal to the Emperor.
(d) Put on a play called The Battle of Dannoura.
7. What have some people started doing at night?
(a) Helping Saburo's gang.
(b) Setting fire to weathly men's homes.
(c) Wandering the streets and throwing stones at wealthy men's homes.
(d) Gathering in secret groups.
8. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
(a) A Samaurai sword.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A red cape.
(d) A barrel of rice.
9. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
(a) Some newly-made fish balls.
(b) Some rice.
(d) Some sleep.
10. What does the Samurai tell Yoshida?
(a) That the performance will not be allowed.
(b) That there will be hidden soldiers in the audience.
(c) That Yoshida can make his own decision about whether to do the play or not.
(d) That the performance will be done in the town square.
11. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
(b) No one.
12. Why does Jiro not want to go to Yoshida?
(a) Yoshida may punish Kenshi terribly.
(b) Yoshida will be too angry to listen.
(c) Yoshida may fire Jiro.
(d) Jiro does not think Yoshida will care.
13. Who is the person coming up the storeroom stairs?
(b) Jiro does not know.
14. What does Kinshi do instead of what he says he is going to do?
(a) Sneaks to the upstairs warehouse.
(b) Writes in his journal.
(c) Takes food to Jiro's mothre.
15. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
(a) Jiro's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanji give Jiro?
2. What does Okada ask Jiro?
3. What does Kinshi say he has to do?
4. Who is shouting for Yoshida at the gate?
5. What does Jiro discover when he sneaks into the storehouse?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)