|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yoshida react when he hears about what is pinned to the door?
(a) He tells them to post the message in the courtyard.
(b) He tells them to ignore the message.
(c) He tells them to take the message to the Shogun.
(d) He tells them to burn the message.
2. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
(a) Find him a better-fitting harness.
(b) Keep him awake.
(c) Cover for him.
(d) There's nothing they can do for him.
3. What does Jiro explain about Yoshida?
(a) That Yoshida will probably make Jiro leave the theater.
(b) What he has learned about Yoshida.
(c) That Yoshida saved him once.
(d) That he is afraid to confront Yoshida.
4. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
(a) About the assistant magistrate losing his position.
(b) About the Emperor's response to the play.
(c) About the assistant magistrate losing his head.
(d) About Saburo's latest theft.
5. What does Mochida explain to Jiro?
(a) The police have said that nothing controversial may be shown at the theater.
(b) Saburo's gang has declared the theater off limits.
(c) The police have intimidated many would-be theater goers.
(d) Merchants are staying home to guard their wares.
6. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
(a) He thinks the food is stolen.
(b) He thinks they should distribute the food to the poor.
(c) He does not know where they get the food.
(d) It is wrong for them to have so much.
7. What does Hanji give Jiro?
(a) A note from Okada.
(b) His fireman's coat.
(c) Some money.
(d) A bandana.
8. What does Okada ask Jiro to do?
(a) Retrieve the Samurai sword.
(b) Not say anything to Kenshi.
(c) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(d) Go to an address and leave a note.
9. What does Okada ask Jiro?
(a) If Jiro believes in what Kinshi is doing.
(b) If Jiro would lay his life on the line for Kinshi.
(c) If Jiro is tempted to turn in Yoshida.
(d) If Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
10. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
(a) They have a false warrant tacked to the merchant's door.
(b) They have forged papers.
(c) The gang uses the clothing they stole at the play.
(d) They do not need to convince the merchant; they threaten him.
11. What is pinned to the door?
(a) The Shogun's proclamation.
(b) An arrest warrant.
(c) A man's scarf.
(d) A message from Saburo.
12. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
(b) Some newly-made fish balls.
(c) Some rice.
(d) Some sleep.
13. What have some people started doing at night?
(a) Gathering in secret groups.
(b) Wandering the streets and throwing stones at wealthy men's homes.
(c) Helping Saburo's gang.
(d) Setting fire to weathly men's homes.
14. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A merchant.
(c) No one.
(d) A policeman.
15. What does Jiro say to Mochida's question?
(a) Kanshi has not been feeling well.
(b) Kanshi is sad.
(c) Kanshi went for an early morning walk.
(d) Kanshi has been having nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Samurai tell Yoshida?
2. How is Kinshi the next morning?
3. How is Yoshida after his play is shut down?
4. How is the play doing as Spring rolls around?
5. Who comes to take Jiro to Okada?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)