|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to take Jiro to Okada?
(b) No one.
2. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
(a) A red cape.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A Samaurai sword.
(d) A barrel of rice.
3. What does Jiro say when he asks to speak to Okada?
(a) Jiro does not elaborate.
(b) It must happen that day.
(c) It is a matter of life and death.
(d) He will have to leave the theater if he cannot speak with Okada.
4. Why dos Jiro run past Okada?
(a) He is needed in the theater.
(b) He is afraid of what the man will do.
(c) He hears his father yelling.
(d) He hears Kenshi screaming.
5. What does Yashida order Jiro to do?
(a) Go find Kanshi.
(b) Go home and check on his mother.
(c) Practice to be the foot operator for Akoya's part.
(d) Leave and not come back.
6. What does Okada ask Jiro to do?
(a) Not say anything to Kenshi.
(b) Go to an address and leave a note.
(c) Retrieve the Samurai sword.
(d) Continue as if nothing has happened.
7. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
(a) Grieves for years.
(b) Kills herself.
(c) Marries another man.
(d) Goes into a Buddhist convent.
8. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) The stable.
(b) In the practice room.
(c) In the upstairs storeroom.
(d) Down by the river.
9. Who is shouting for Yoshida at the gate?
(a) Saburo's gang.
(b) The police.
(c) No one.
(d) The night rovers.
10. How is Yoshida after his play is shut down?
11. What happens after the play is done?
(a) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(b) The lights go out and a voice makes a statement.
(c) The soldiers start clubbing people.
(d) The people stand and chant Saburo's name.
12. What does Kinshi do instead of what he says he is going to do?
(a) Takes food to Jiro's mothre.
(c) Writes in his journal.
(d) Sneaks to the upstairs warehouse.
13. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
(b) No one.
14. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
(a) To see if Yoshida will excuse Kenshi from the play.
(b) Not to go out again that night.
(c) To go with Jiro to see Jiro's mother.
(d) If Kinshi is ill.
15. What does Jiro tell Okada?
(a) About Kinshi's hopes.
(b) About Kinshi's night activities.
(c) About his father's disappearance.
(d) About his mother being beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
2. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
3. What does Jiro try to figure out?
4. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
5. What does the puppet say about curiosity?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)