|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
(a) It would be the end of food for the poor.
(b) It would harm his parents.
(c) It would leave him without a job.
(d) It would be a betrayal.
2. How is Yoshida after his play is shut down?
3. What happens after the play is done?
(a) The people stand and chant Saburo's name.
(b) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(c) The lights go out and a voice makes a statement.
(d) The soldiers start clubbing people.
4. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) No one.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A merchant.
5. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the upstairs storehouse.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In the stable's loft.
6. What does Mochida say when he grabs Jiro?
(a) Yoshida wants to speak to him.
(b) His father is outside in the courtyard.
(c) He is needed to play Kenshi's role.
(d) Kenshi needs him at the river.
7. What does Yoshida tell the boys to get?
(a) Some sleep.
(b) Some rice.
(c) Some newly-made fish balls.
8. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
(a) They have a false warrant tacked to the merchant's door.
(b) They do not need to convince the merchant; they threaten him.
(c) The gang uses the clothing they stole at the play.
(d) They have forged papers.
9. What does the puppet say about curiosity?
(a) That it is healthy up to a point.
(b) That it is dishonorable to give in to one's curiosity.
(c) That it can be very dangerous.
(d) That it can lead to knowing things one does not wish to know
10. Where is the crest Jiro sees?
(a) On a sword.
(b) On the cape.
(c) Stamped on the barrel of rice.
(d) On a dagger that is on the river bank.
11. What does the man make the puppet do?
(b) Carry a letter.
(c) Look like the puppet is searching for someone.
(d) Look like the puppet is about to discover something really big.
12. What does the Samurai tell Yoshida?
(a) That there will be hidden soldiers in the audience.
(b) That the performance will be done in the town square.
(c) That Yoshida can make his own decision about whether to do the play or not.
(d) That the performance will not be allowed.
13. What does Jiro discover when he sneaks into the storehouse?
(a) Kenshi is there.
(b) The Samurai sword is gone.
(c) Yoshida is there.
(d) Hanji is there.
14. What does Okada admit to Jiro?
(a) Hanji is Saburo.
(b) He is Saburo.
(c) Yoshida is Saburo.
(d) There is no Saburo.
15. Why does Jiro not want to go to Yoshida?
(a) Jiro does not think Yoshida will care.
(b) Yoshida will be too angry to listen.
(c) Yoshida may punish Kenshi terribly.
(d) Yoshida may fire Jiro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
2. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
3. How is the play doing as Spring rolls around?
4. What does Jiro tell Okada?
5. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)