|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
(a) That Jiro could never hurt Kenshi.
(b) That is not up to Jiro to judge.
(c) That Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(d) That Jiro trust Kenshi completely.
2. How do the boys decide to give Kinshi his role back?
(a) They do not see how they can do so.
(b) A last-minute swap.
(c) To appeal to Yoshida.
(d) To appeal to Okada.
3. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the stable's loft.
(d) In the upstairs storehouse.
4. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
(c) No one.
5. How does Jiro respond to Yashida's questioning?
(a) Jiro starts crying.
(b) Jiro says Kanshi is taking medicine to Jiro's mother.
(c) Jiro feigns ignorance.
(d) Jiro tells the truth.
6. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
(a) He does not know where they get the food.
(b) He thinks the food is stolen.
(c) It is wrong for them to have so much.
(d) He thinks they should distribute the food to the poor.
7. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
(a) He cannot seem to remember his lines.
(b) He is not worried.
(c) He has broken his toe.
(d) He has been assigned as foot operator for a difficult part.
8. Why won't Kinshi allow Jiro to come with him at night?
(a) Jiro is too kind and would get hurt.
(b) Jiro needs to cover for Kinshi at the theater.
(c) Jiro is too small.
(d) Kinshi works better alone.
9. What does Jiro worry about concerning his mother?
(a) How to find her a new husband.
(b) Her safety alone in the house.
(c) How to help her once she gives birth to her baby.
(d) How to help her.
10. Where is the crest Jiro sees?
(a) On the cape.
(b) On a dagger that is on the river bank.
(c) Stamped on the barrel of rice.
(d) On a sword.
11. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
(a) Jiro's mother.
12. What are the wealthy in the town saying?
(a) The poor need to work harder.
(b) The poor do not deserve to eat.
(c) The police are incompetent.
(d) They will not trust the police again.
13. What does Jiro discover when he sneaks into the storehouse?
(a) Kenshi is there.
(b) Hanji is there.
(c) The Samurai sword is gone.
(d) Yoshida is there.
14. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) No one.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A fireman.
15. Who is shouting for Yoshida at the gate?
(a) The night rovers.
(b) No one.
(c) Saburo's gang.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
2. How does Kinshi get out of his chores?
3. How do the boys treat Jiro?
4. What does Jiro try to figure out?
5. Why does Jiro not want to go to Yoshida?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)