|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yoshida praise the assistant magistrate?
(a) Yoshida does not respond at all to the assistant magistrate.
(b) Saying assistant magistrate is very noble.
(c) Saying assistant magistrate is very wise.
(d) Saying assistant magistrate is very wily.
2. What does Jiro realize about the puppeteer?
(a) It is Okada.
(b) It is Yoshida.
(c) It is Toza.
(d) It is Hanji.
3. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
(a) Grieves for years.
(b) Kills herself.
(c) Goes into a Buddhist convent.
(d) Marries another man.
4. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
(a) Not to go out again that night.
(b) If Kinshi is ill.
(c) To see if Yoshida will excuse Kenshi from the play.
(d) To go with Jiro to see Jiro's mother.
5. How does Yoshida react when he hears about what is pinned to the door?
(a) He tells them to ignore the message.
(b) He tells them to burn the message.
(c) He tells them to take the message to the Shogun.
(d) He tells them to post the message in the courtyard.
6. To whom does Jiro think it would be best to talk?
(c) His mother.
7. What does the Samurai tell Yoshida?
(a) That there will be hidden soldiers in the audience.
(b) That Yoshida can make his own decision about whether to do the play or not.
(c) That the performance will not be allowed.
(d) That the performance will be done in the town square.
8. What happens after the play is done?
(a) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(b) The soldiers start clubbing people.
(c) The people stand and chant Saburo's name.
(d) The lights go out and a voice makes a statement.
9. What does Yashida order Jiro to do?
(a) Go home and check on his mother.
(b) Go find Kanshi.
(c) Practice to be the foot operator for Akoya's part.
(d) Leave and not come back.
10. What does Okada admit to Jiro?
(a) Yoshida is Saburo.
(b) There is no Saburo.
(c) He is Saburo.
(d) Hanji is Saburo.
11. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
(a) A red cape.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A Samaurai sword.
(d) A barrel of rice.
12. Who comes to take Jiro to Okada?
(c) No one.
13. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) No one.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A merchant.
14. What is Jiro shocked when the play opens that night?
(a) His father is there.
(b) There are few people in attendance.
(c) His brother is there.
(d) His mother is there with his father.
15. What does Mochida ask Jiro the next morning?
(a) Why Kanshi seems always tired.
(b) Why Kanshi fell asleep at practice the day before.
(c) Where Kanshi is.
(d) If Kanshi is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
2. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
3. How do the boys decide to give Kinshi his role back?
4. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
5. Where is the crest Jiro sees?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)