|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
(a) Defy the authorities.
(b) Appeal to the Emperor.
(c) Appeal to the Shogun.
(d) Put on a play called The Battle of Dannoura.
2. What does Kinshi do instead of what he says he is going to do?
(a) Takes food to Jiro's mothre.
(b) Writes in his journal.
(c) Sneaks to the upstairs warehouse.
3. Where does Jiro decide to practice his part?
(a) In the practice room.
(b) Down by the river.
(c) The stable.
(d) In the upstairs storeroom.
4. What does the man make the puppet do?
(a) Look like the puppet is about to discover something really big.
(b) Carry a letter.
(d) Look like the puppet is searching for someone.
5. What awakens Jiro in the middle of the night?
(a) Kinshi moving about.
(b) The sounds of a angry mob.
(c) A dark barking.
(d) Someone sobbing.
6. What is Jiro shocked when the play opens that night?
(a) His father is there.
(b) There are few people in attendance.
(c) His mother is there with his father.
(d) His brother is there.
7. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
(a) To see if Yoshida will excuse Kenshi from the play.
(b) Not to go out again that night.
(c) To go with Jiro to see Jiro's mother.
(d) If Kinshi is ill.
8. What does Jira say he will try to arrange for Kinshi?
(a) A way to keep his assigned job.
(b) A meeting with Saburo.
(c) A meeting with Yashida.
(d) A bigger part in the next play.
9. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) No one.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A fireman.
10. Who does Jiro think is Saburto?
(c) He is not sure.
11. What does Jiro agree to do after the last performance of the day?
(a) Retrieve the sword.
(b) Ask Kenshi to see Okada.
(c) Go and warn the night rovers.
(d) Go and tell his mother to stay home that night.
12. What is pinned to the door?
(a) A man's scarf.
(b) An arrest warrant.
(c) The Shogun's proclamation.
(d) A message from Saburo.
13. Why won't Kinshi allow Jiro to come with him at night?
(a) Jiro is too small.
(b) Jiro is too kind and would get hurt.
(c) Kinshi works better alone.
(d) Jiro needs to cover for Kinshi at the theater.
14. What does Jiro try to figure out?
(a) How to keep Kinshi safe.
(b) How to arrange a meeting with Saburo for Kinshi.
(c) How to find his father.
(d) How to keep his mother safe.
15. What does Jiro worry about concerning his mother?
(a) How to find her a new husband.
(b) How to help her once she gives birth to her baby.
(c) How to help her.
(d) Her safety alone in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro say to Mochida's question?
2. What does Jiro discover when he sneaks into the storehouse?
3. Why is the merchant supposedly arrested?
4. What are the wealthy in the town saying?
5. What does the Samurai tell Yoshida?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)