|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A merchant.
(c) No one.
(d) A fireman.
2. How is Yoshida after his play is shut down?
3. How is the play doing as Spring rolls around?
(a) It is poorly attended.
(b) It has been banned by the Shogun.
(c) It is still successful.
(d) It is about to be retired.
4. Who does Jiro think is Saburto?
(c) He is not sure.
5. Why is Jiro irritable as Kinshi practices?
(a) He is worried about his mother.
(b) He is worried about Hanji.
(c) He is jealous of Kinshi.
(d) He is worried that Saburo is going to attack the theater again.
6. What is going to be the entrance fee for a special showing of "The Thief of the Tokaido"?
(a) Same as always.
(c) Two for one.
(d) Half price.
7. What does Jiro say when he asks to speak to Okada?
(a) It must happen that day.
(b) Jiro does not elaborate.
(c) He will have to leave the theater if he cannot speak with Okada.
(d) It is a matter of life and death.
8. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
(a) That Jiro trust Kenshi completely.
(b) That is not up to Jiro to judge.
(c) That Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(d) That Jiro could never hurt Kenshi.
9. What does Okada admit to Jiro?
(a) There is no Saburo.
(b) Hanji is Saburo.
(c) Yoshida is Saburo.
(d) He is Saburo.
10. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
(a) Keep him awake.
(b) Cover for him.
(c) There's nothing they can do for him.
(d) Find him a better-fitting harness.
11. What does Yashida order Jiro to do?
(a) Leave and not come back.
(b) Practice to be the foot operator for Akoya's part.
(c) Go find Kanshi.
(d) Go home and check on his mother.
12. What does Hanji give Jiro?
(a) Some money.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A note from Okada.
(d) His fireman's coat.
13. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
(a) He does not know where they get the food.
(b) He thinks the food is stolen.
(c) It is wrong for them to have so much.
(d) He thinks they should distribute the food to the poor.
14. What does Kinshi do instead of what he says he is going to do?
(b) Writes in his journal.
(c) Sneaks to the upstairs warehouse.
(d) Takes food to Jiro's mothre.
15. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
(a) To go with Jiro to see Jiro's mother.
(b) Not to go out again that night.
(c) To see if Yoshida will excuse Kenshi from the play.
(d) If Kinshi is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening in the city when Jiro goes there after the performance?
2. What does the puppet say about curiosity?
3. How do the boys decide to give Kinshi his role back?
4. What does Jiro tell Okada?
5. Where is the crest Jiro sees?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)