|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro worry about concerning his mother?
(a) How to help her.
(b) How to help her once she gives birth to her baby.
(c) Her safety alone in the house.
(d) How to find her a new husband.
2. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
(a) That is not up to Jiro to judge.
(b) That Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(c) That Jiro could never hurt Kenshi.
(d) That Jiro trust Kenshi completely.
3. What does Jiro realize about the puppeteer?
(a) It is Toza.
(b) It is Hanji.
(c) It is Yoshida.
(d) It is Okada.
4. Who is at the door one night when Jiro and Kinshi hear a banging sound?
(d) No one.
5. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
(a) There's nothing they can do for him.
(b) Cover for him.
(c) Keep him awake.
(d) Find him a better-fitting harness.
6. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
(a) A barrel of rice.
(b) A red cape.
(c) A Samaurai sword.
(d) A dagger.
7. What have some people started doing at night?
(a) Wandering the streets and throwing stones at wealthy men's homes.
(b) Gathering in secret groups.
(c) Helping Saburo's gang.
(d) Setting fire to weathly men's homes.
8. What does a fishmonger arrive to tell those at the theater?
(a) About the Emperor's response to the play.
(b) About the assistant magistrate losing his head.
(c) About the assistant magistrate losing his position.
(d) About Saburo's latest theft.
9. How does Jiro respond to Yashida's questioning?
(a) Jiro feigns ignorance.
(b) Jiro tells the truth.
(c) Jiro says Kanshi is taking medicine to Jiro's mother.
(d) Jiro starts crying.
10. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A policeman.
(d) No one.
11. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
(a) He cannot seem to remember his lines.
(b) He is not worried.
(c) He has been assigned as foot operator for a difficult part.
(d) He has broken his toe.
12. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the stable's loft.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the upstairs storehouse.
13. What does Jiro try to figure out?
(a) How to keep his mother safe.
(b) How to find his father.
(c) How to arrange a meeting with Saburo for Kinshi.
(d) How to keep Kinshi safe.
14. What does Kinshi say to Jiro about the available food at the theater?
(a) He thinks the food is stolen.
(b) He thinks they should distribute the food to the poor.
(c) It is wrong for them to have so much.
(d) He does not know where they get the food.
15. How does Saburo's gang convince a merchant that the merchant is under arrest?
(a) The gang uses the clothing they stole at the play.
(b) They have a false warrant tacked to the merchant's door.
(c) They do not need to convince the merchant; they threaten him.
(d) They have forged papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro agree to do after the last performance of the day?
2. What is the bird on the crest of the Samurai who visits Yoshida?
3. How do the boys treat Jiro?
4. How is the play doing as Spring rolls around?
5. What does Okada ask Jiro?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)