|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to take Jiro to Okada?
(c) No one.
2. What does Jiro realize about the puppeteer?
(a) It is Okada.
(b) It is Hanji.
(c) It is Yoshida.
(d) It is Toza.
3. What does Okada admit to Jiro?
(a) Hanji is Saburo.
(b) Yoshida is Saburo.
(c) There is no Saburo.
(d) He is Saburo.
4. What does Jiro reply to Okada's question?
(a) That Jiro trust Kenshi completely.
(b) That Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(c) That Jiro could never hurt Kenshi.
(d) That is not up to Jiro to judge.
5. What do the other boys do for Kinshi?
(a) There's nothing they can do for him.
(b) Keep him awake.
(c) Find him a better-fitting harness.
(d) Cover for him.
6. What does Jiro discover when he sneaks into the storehouse?
(a) Kenshi is there.
(b) Yoshida is there.
(c) Hanji is there.
(d) The Samurai sword is gone.
7. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
(c) Come backstage after the performance.
(d) See his part in the play.
8. Who is Hanji disguised as?
(a) A merchant.
(b) No one.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A fireman.
9. What does the Samurai tell Yoshida?
(a) That Yoshida can make his own decision about whether to do the play or not.
(b) That the performance will not be allowed.
(c) That there will be hidden soldiers in the audience.
(d) That the performance will be done in the town square.
10. Who does Jiro think is Saburto?
(c) He is not sure.
11. What does Okada ask Jiro to do?
(a) Continue as if nothing has happened.
(b) Retrieve the Samurai sword.
(c) Not say anything to Kenshi.
(d) Go to an address and leave a note.
12. How is the play doing as Spring rolls around?
(a) It is about to be retired.
(b) It has been banned by the Shogun.
(c) It is still successful.
(d) It is poorly attended.
13. What does Jiro ask Kinshi after the performance?
(a) Not to go out again that night.
(b) If Kinshi is ill.
(c) To see if Yoshida will excuse Kenshi from the play.
(d) To go with Jiro to see Jiro's mother.
14. What does Mochida explain to Jiro?
(a) The police have said that nothing controversial may be shown at the theater.
(b) Saburo's gang has declared the theater off limits.
(c) The police have intimidated many would-be theater goers.
(d) Merchants are staying home to guard their wares.
15. What does Hanji give Jiro?
(a) His fireman's coat.
(b) A note from Okada.
(c) Some money.
(d) A bandana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pinned to the door?
2. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
3. What is happening in the city when Jiro goes there after the performance?
4. What does Mochida ask Jiro the next morning?
5. How is Yoshida after his play is shut down?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)