Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the play is done?
(a) The lights go out and a voice makes a statement.
(b) The people stand and chant Saburo's name.
(c) The soldiers start clubbing people.
(d) Nothing out of the ordinary.
2. What does Mochida ask Jiro the next morning?
(a) Where Kanshi is.
(b) Why Kanshi seems always tired.
(c) Why Kanshi fell asleep at practice the day before.
(d) If Kanshi is ill.
3. Why is Kinshi worried about his part in the next performance?
(a) He has broken his toe.
(b) He cannot seem to remember his lines.
(c) He has been assigned as foot operator for a difficult part.
(d) He is not worried.
4. How does Yoshida praise the assistant magistrate?
(a) Saying assistant magistrate is very wise.
(b) Yoshida does not respond at all to the assistant magistrate.
(c) Saying assistant magistrate is very wily.
(d) Saying assistant magistrate is very noble.
5. What does Jiro realize about the puppeteer?
(a) It is Yoshida.
(b) It is Hanji.
(c) It is Okada.
(d) It is Toza.
6. What does Okada ask Jiro?
(a) If Jiro believes in what Kinshi is doing.
(b) If Jiro believes in what Saburo is doing.
(c) If Jiro is tempted to turn in Yoshida.
(d) If Jiro would lay his life on the line for Kinshi.
7. Why does Jiro know he cannot turn in Yashida?
(a) It would leave him without a job.
(b) It would harm his parents.
(c) It would be a betrayal.
(d) It would be the end of food for the poor.
8. What does Jiro find where he is preparing to practice?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A red cape.
(c) A barrel of rice.
(d) A Samaurai sword.
9. Where does Kinshi say it is forbidden to go?
(a) In the upstairs storehouse.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the stable's loft.
10. Who is the person coming up the storeroom stairs?
(d) Jiro does not know.
11. How does Yoshida react when he hears about what is pinned to the door?
(a) He tells them to post the message in the courtyard.
(b) He tells them to take the message to the Shogun.
(c) He tells them to ignore the message.
(d) He tells them to burn the message.
12. What does Yoshida eventually decide to do?
(a) Put on a play called The Battle of Dannoura.
(b) Appeal to the Shogun.
(c) Defy the authorities.
(d) Appeal to the Emperor.
13. What does Jiro want his mother to do when he sees her in the audience?
(c) See his part in the play.
(d) Come backstage after the performance.
14. Where is the crest Jiro sees?
(a) Stamped on the barrel of rice.
(b) On a sword.
(c) On the cape.
(d) On a dagger that is on the river bank.
15. Who does Okada tell Tozo to send for?
(b) Jiro's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joman's wife do after he goes to prison?
2. How does Saburo's gang rob the merchant's house?
3. What does Jiro explain about Yoshida?
4. What does Hanji give Jiro?
5. What does Okada admit to Jiro?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)