|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro do that is rude?
(a) Does not remove his sandals in Yoshida's house.
(b) Refuses to shake Yoshida's hand.
(c) Does not allow his mother to speak.
(d) Interrupts his father.
2. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
(a) The mayor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
3. Who comes to the theater the next morning?
(a) Jiro's youngest brother.
4. Who wrote the play, "The Thief of the Tokaido"?
5. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
(b) For permission to check on his father.
(c) For a short letter of introduction.
(d) For more work.
6. Why does Fusamu go into fits of shrieking?
(a) To pretend her mother has died.
(b) Her brother is killed by one of the bandits.
(c) Her dog is killed by one of the soldiers.
(d) A bandit accidentally kills her cat.
7. What is Joman's occupation?
(a) A samurai.
(b) A potter.
(c) A scribe.
(d) A bandit.
8. How does Okada react to Jiro's request?
(a) He refuses to give Jiro a copy.
(b) He says he will send someone to find out about Hinji.
(c) He laughs and gives him a copy.
(d) He says he cannot release him.
9. Who wears baskets on their heads?
(a) The wives of the peasant class.
(c) Komuso monks.
(d) The wives of the merchant class.
10. Where does Jiro go after talking with Taro?
(a) To the Hanaza.
(b) To the capitol.
(c) To his cousin's farm.
(d) To the big city.
11. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
(a) He worries that his mother will miss him.
(b) He is afraid he will miss his brothers.
(c) He is of making his parents angry.
(d) He is afraid of failure.
12. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
(a) Does acrobatic stunts.
(b) Practices constantly.
(c) Wraps his foot tightly to help the pain.
(d) Runs several miles every day.
13. What is Teiji's problem?
(a) He has several fingers missing.
(b) He has a tic in his face.
(c) He stutters.
(d) He limps from a club foot.
14. Who does the character Joman resemble?
(a) The Shogun.
15. Who is to control the snipe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
2. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
3. What is the state of Jiro's family?
4. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
5. How does Jiro's family make money?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)