|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Saburo and his band rob one evening?
(a) A bank.
(b) A pig farm.
(c) A samurai's home.
(d) A rice brokerage.
2. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
(a) To watch the play once to understand the plot.
(b) To sit in the corner quietly until after the performance.
(c) Get ready for the performance.
(d) To go home.
3. With whom does Yoshida find fault when he watches the boys' practice?
4. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
(a) Writes his mother a letter.
(b) Goes to see his father.
(c) Runs away to the city.
(d) Goes to visit his grandfather.
5. Who has fallen in love with Joman?
(b) Hanji's sister.
(c) Kinshi's aunt.
(d) No one.
6. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
(a) Nod when it's time to pull the curtain.
(b) Pull the curtain while Jiro drops the set.
(c) Try to mess up Jiro on his first day.
(d) Move the puppets towards the center of the stage.
7. Who is Saburo?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) The medicine man of the village.
(c) A notorious bandit.
(d) The mayor of the village.
8. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) For a copy of the play.
(b) To go once more to check on his father.
(c) To speak to Yoshida.
(d) To be released from his apprenticeship.
9. What list does Yoshida post?
(a) The rotation of cleaning and scrubbing duties.
(b) A list of new words in the play.
(c) The names of the expected attendees of the opening night of the new play.
(d) The boys' roles in the new play.
10. What does the person who calls him selfish say will be the result of Jiro joining the theater?
(a) Jiro will fail.
(b) Hanji will become ill.
(c) Hanji will kill himself.
(d) Isako will die of grief.
11. Where does Jiro sleep?
(a) In the barn.
(b) He goes home every day to sleep.
(c) In with Okada.
(d) In the dressing room.
12. Who comes to the theater the next morning?
(d) Jiro's youngest brother.
13. What will Jiro be able to do someday if he is employed properly?
(a) Give his family money.
(b) Help his siblings.
(d) Set up his own vegetable farm.
14. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For permission to check on his father.
(b) For a short letter of introduction.
(c) For more work.
(d) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
15. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bath house.
(c) In his dressing room.
(d) In the stables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is jealous of Jiro?
2. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
3. Why is Jiro worried about his new duty?
4. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
5. How is Wada described?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)