|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Okada react to Jiro's request?
(a) He says he cannot release him.
(b) He says he will send someone to find out about Hinji.
(c) He refuses to give Jiro a copy.
(d) He laughs and gives him a copy.
2. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
(a) Show Jiro how to run the turn mill.
(b) Repair several puppets.
(c) Apply for a different apprenticeship.
(d) Operate the feet for the rest of the show.
3. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
(a) He is of making his parents angry.
(b) He worries that his mother will miss him.
(c) He is afraid of failure.
(d) He is afraid he will miss his brothers.
4. What is Jiro helping his father do?
(a) Gather eggs.
(b) Sow rice seeds.
(c) Shear sheep.
(d) Make a new puppet.
5. Who is jealous of Jiro?
(d) No one.
6. What is the situation in this country during this time?
(a) A civil war.
(b) A famine.
(c) A drought.
(d) A religious upheaval.
7. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The mayor.
8. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
(a) A rocket.
(b) A boat.
(c) A basket.
(d) A clam.
9. For what are the boys preparing?
(a) Okada's birthday.
(b) The Emperor's birthday.
(c) The New Year.
(d) Yoshida's birthday.
10. Where does Jiro sleep?
(a) In with Okada.
(b) In the dressing room.
(c) He goes home every day to sleep.
(d) In the barn.
11. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) To speak to Yoshida.
(b) To go once more to check on his father.
(c) To be released from his apprenticeship.
(d) For a copy of the play.
12. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
13. Who is Mochida?
(a) The head of the blacksmith's guild.
(b) A kind man who oversees the apprentices.
(c) The head of the puppet's guild.
(d) Yoshida's tailor.
14. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
(b) Some fireworks.
15. How does Jiro do in his part of the play?
(a) He only misses his footing twice.
(b) He does very well.
(c) He got all tangled up in the ropes.
(d) He trips and falls off the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Yoshida find fault when he watches the boys' practice?
2. What does Jiro decide to do?
3. Who is Okada?
4. What is Jiro's part in the new play?
5. What does the visitor to the theater bring?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)