|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
(a) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was missing.
(b) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was dying.
(c) Jiro did not come to watch Jiro's performance.
(d) Jiro talks to his younger brother.
2. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
(a) A painter.
(b) A puppeteer.
(c) A potter.
(d) A blacksmith,.
3. In what disguise do Saburo and his crew pull off the robbery?
(a) As Komuso monks.
(b) As sailors.
(c) As soldiers.
(d) As peasant farmers.
4. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
(a) He needs a special Empress puppet.
(b) He does not need the new puppet Hanji is making.
(c) He needs a whole set of children puppets.
(d) He needs several new puppets.
5. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
(a) A basket.
(b) A rocket.
(c) A clam.
(d) A boat.
6. Who is Yoshida?
(a) A master potter.
(b) Jiro's brother.
(c) Jiro's uncle.
(d) The master puppeteer.
7. What is Taro doing when Jiro talks with him?
(a) Writing out a bill of sale.
(b) Stealing some grapes.
(c) Looking after his parents' house.
(d) Planting corn.
8. Where does Jiro go after talking with Taro?
(a) To his cousin's farm.
(b) To the Hanaza.
(c) To the big city.
(d) To the capitol.
9. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
(a) That Kenshi is a wonderful son.
(b) That Jiro can make puppets.
(c) That Jiro is the new apprentice.
(d) That Jiro will work very hard.
10. What does Kinshi admire?
(a) His father's performance.
(b) Jiro leaving home voluntarily.
(c) Jiro's dexterity.
(d) One young girl in the audience.
11. What does Jiro hope about his father?
(a) He will recover from his bad fall.
(b) He will come to the performance.
(c) He will get a job with Yoshida also.
(d) He will let Jiro come back home.
12. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
(a) He is of making his parents angry.
(b) He worries that his mother will miss him.
(c) He is afraid he will miss his brothers.
(d) He is afraid of failure.
13. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
(a) Writes his mother a letter.
(b) Runs away to the city.
(c) Goes to visit his grandfather.
(d) Goes to see his father.
14. Where do Jiro and Hanji go?
(a) The wool house.
(b) The butcher.
(d) The bathhouse.
15. What is Jiro helping his father do?
(a) Sow rice seeds.
(b) Gather eggs.
(c) Shear sheep.
(d) Make a new puppet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Jiro's family?
2. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
3. Who is Taro?
4. What is Jiro's part in the new play?
5. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)