|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jiro feeling?
2. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
(a) Jiro did not come to watch Jiro's performance.
(b) Jiro talks to his younger brother.
(c) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was dying.
(d) Jiro heard someone say Hanji was missing.
3. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
(a) That Jiro is the new apprentice.
(b) That Kenshi is a wonderful son.
(c) That Jiro will work very hard.
(d) That Jiro can make puppets.
4. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
(a) Some fireworks.
5. What does Jiro think Yoshida does beautifully at the performance?
(a) The suicide scene.
(b) The interview with the Emperor.
(c) Moves the female puppet's fingers.
(d) The sword fight.
6. Who is Hanji?
(a) Jiro's sister.
(b) Jiro's grandmother.
(c) Jiro's father.
(d) Jiro's brother.
7. What does Kinshi say he did the last time there was a new play?
(a) Stole Yoshida's personal copy.
(b) Memorized all the lines.
(c) Changed some of the lines.
(d) Suggested some new puppets for it.
8. What happens to the snipe?
(a) It breaks.
(b) Its mechanism squeals.
(c) It gets caught in the clam.
(d) It falls off stage.
9. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That he should help his family more.
(b) That they resent him being alive.
(c) That he is just a nuisance.
(d) That they believe in him.
10. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
(a) Whips Jiro.
(b) Whips Kenshi.
(c) Joins in the celebration.
(d) Fires Jiro.
11. About whom do Jiro and Hanji talk with another man?
(a) A rice merchant.
(b) A cloth merchant.
(c) A wool merchant.
(d) A new offcial.
12. How is Minoru described?
(a) There is no mention of a Minoru.
(c) Handsome and has a beautiful voice.
(d) Ugly and thin.
13. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For a short letter of introduction.
(b) For permission to check on his father.
(c) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
(d) For more work.
14. What is Joman's occupation?
(a) A scribe.
(b) A samurai.
(c) A bandit.
(d) A potter.
15. What does Isako not let Jiro do?
(a) Talk to Hanji.
(b) Explain his reasons.
(c) Come home.
(d) Walk her out of the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Teiji's problem?
2. Who is Kinshi?
3. Who tells Jiro he is selfish?
4. How do the boys feel about Kinshi?
5. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)