|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Saburo and his band rob one evening?
(a) A samurai's home.
(b) A pig farm.
(c) A bank.
(d) A rice brokerage.
2. How does Okada react to Jiro's request?
(a) He refuses to give Jiro a copy.
(b) He says he will send someone to find out about Hinji.
(c) He says he cannot release him.
(d) He laughs and gives him a copy.
3. Who is Fusamu?
(a) Okada's wife.
(b) Kinshi's aunt.
(c) A courtesan.
(d) A Shogun's wife character in the play.
4. How does Jiro's family make money?
(a) Making calligraphy invitations.
(b) Selling puppets.
(c) Selling eggs.
(d) Spinning wool.
5. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
(a) He can learn blacksmithing and then set up a shop.
(b) His father is very ill.
(c) There will be one less mouth to feed at home.
(d) His mother has been hounding him too much.
6. What does the visitor to the theater bring?
(a) A note from Jiro's grandfather.
(b) Jiro's sleeping quilts.
(d) A letter of demands.
7. What does Jiro think Yoshida does beautifully at the performance?
(a) The sword fight.
(b) Moves the female puppet's fingers.
(c) The interview with the Emperor.
(d) The suicide scene.
8. What is Teiji's problem?
(a) He has a tic in his face.
(b) He has several fingers missing.
(c) He limps from a club foot.
(d) He stutters.
9. What is the state of Jiro's family?
(b) They have to send in more tax money.
(d) They have to move.
10. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
(a) He knew what to do for the master.
(b) He intimitdated another boy.
(c) He does not cry out.
(d) He found another way to move.
11. Who is Yoshida?
(a) Jiro's uncle.
(b) Jiro's brother.
(c) The master puppeteer.
(d) A master potter.
12. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
(a) The sets are being changed.
(b) There is a small fire.
(c) Officials are trying to make Yoshida pay more taxes.
(d) A performance is in progress.
13. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
14. What does Jiro do that is rude?
(a) Interrupts his father.
(b) Does not allow his mother to speak.
(c) Does not remove his sandals in Yoshida's house.
(d) Refuses to shake Yoshida's hand.
15. Who is Kinshi?
(a) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
(b) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
(c) The son of Saburo.
(d) The blacksmith's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What list does Yoshida post?
2. Who is Mochida?
3. What does Jiro do the next morning after speaking to Mochida?
4. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
5. Where do Jiro and Hanji go?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)