|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
2. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
(a) Nod when it's time to pull the curtain.
(b) Try to mess up Jiro on his first day.
(c) Move the puppets towards the center of the stage.
(d) Pull the curtain while Jiro drops the set.
3. What is the state of Jiro's family?
(a) They have to send in more tax money.
(d) They have to move.
4. Who is to control the snipe?
5. Who is Okada?
(a) The cook.
(b) The master painter.
(c) The stable hand.
(d) The master chanter.
6. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
(a) His father is very ill.
(b) His mother has been hounding him too much.
(c) There will be one less mouth to feed at home.
(d) He can learn blacksmithing and then set up a shop.
7. Where are Hanji and Isako?
(a) Jiro does not find out.
(b) The big city.
(c) Jiro's grandfather's place in the capitol.
(d) Jiro's cousin's farm.
8. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bath house.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In his dressing room.
9. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
(a) Show Jiro how to run the turn mill.
(b) Apply for a different apprenticeship.
(c) Operate the feet for the rest of the show.
(d) Repair several puppets.
10. What is the situation in this country during this time?
(a) A drought.
(b) A civil war.
(c) A famine.
(d) A religious upheaval.
11. About whom do Jiro and Hanji talk with another man?
(a) A cloth merchant.
(b) A new offcial.
(c) A rice merchant.
(d) A wool merchant.
12. What is Joman's occupation?
(a) A potter.
(b) A scribe.
(c) A bandit.
(d) A samurai.
13. What does Jiro do that is rude?
(a) Refuses to shake Yoshida's hand.
(b) Does not remove his sandals in Yoshida's house.
(c) Does not allow his mother to speak.
(d) Interrupts his father.
14. What does Kinshi admire?
(a) One young girl in the audience.
(b) His father's performance.
(c) Jiro leaving home voluntarily.
(d) Jiro's dexterity.
15. What is Kwada's job in the theater?
(a) Prop man.
(c) Foot operator.
(d) Costume designer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jiro learned about his mother?
2. Who is Saburo?
3. With whom does Yoshida find fault when he watches the boys' practice?
4. What is Taro doing when Jiro talks with him?
5. In what country does Jiro live?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)