|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Taro?
(a) Another puppet apprentice.
(b) The mean grain merchant.
(c) Jiro's cousin.
(d) Jiro's neighbor.
2. What is the state of Jiro's family?
(a) They have to move.
(c) They have to send in more tax money.
3. Who is Okada?
(a) The stable hand.
(b) The cook.
(c) The master painter.
(d) The master chanter.
4. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
(a) Repair several puppets.
(b) Operate the feet for the rest of the show.
(c) Apply for a different apprenticeship.
(d) Show Jiro how to run the turn mill.
5. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That they believe in him.
(b) That they resent him being alive.
(c) That he should help his family more.
(d) That he is just a nuisance.
6. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) To be released from his apprenticeship.
(b) To go once more to check on his father.
(c) For a copy of the play.
(d) To speak to Yoshida.
7. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
(a) To go home.
(b) To watch the play once to understand the plot.
(c) Get ready for the performance.
(d) To sit in the corner quietly until after the performance.
8. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
(a) A performance is in progress.
(b) There is a small fire.
(c) The sets are being changed.
(d) Officials are trying to make Yoshida pay more taxes.
9. How is Wada described?
(b) Thin and quick.
(c) Very smart.
(d) Ugly and fat.
10. Who is Fusamu?
(a) Okada's wife.
(b) Kinshi's aunt.
(c) A courtesan.
(d) A Shogun's wife character in the play.
11. Where are Hanji and Isako?
(a) Jiro does not find out.
(b) The big city.
(c) Jiro's grandfather's place in the capitol.
(d) Jiro's cousin's farm.
12. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
(a) A clam.
(b) A boat.
(c) A basket.
(d) A rocket.
13. With whom does Yoshida find fault when he watches the boys' practice?
14. Who is Saburo?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) The medicine man of the village.
(c) A notorious bandit.
(d) The mayor of the village.
15. What does Jiro hope about his father?
(a) He will let Jiro come back home.
(b) He will come to the performance.
(c) He will get a job with Yoshida also.
(d) He will recover from his bad fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
2. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
3. Why does Fusamu go into fits of shrieking?
4. What is Teiji's problem?
5. How is Minoru described?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)