Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
(a) He intimitdated another boy.
(b) He does not cry out.
(c) He found another way to move.
(d) He knew what to do for the master.
2. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
(a) Try to mess up Jiro on his first day.
(b) Pull the curtain while Jiro drops the set.
(c) Nod when it's time to pull the curtain.
(d) Move the puppets towards the center of the stage.
3. What does Jiro decide to do?
(a) Go offer himself as an apprentice to Yoshidaq.
(b) Go to the big city to find work.
(c) Apprentice himself to the blacksmith.
(d) Work a small plot of land near the forest.
4. Who is Saburo?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) The mayor of the village.
(c) A notorious bandit.
(d) The medicine man of the village.
5. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
(a) Practices constantly.
(b) Runs several miles every day.
(c) Wraps his foot tightly to help the pain.
(d) Does acrobatic stunts.
6. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) To go once more to check on his father.
(b) To speak to Yoshida.
(c) For a copy of the play.
(d) To be released from his apprenticeship.
7. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
(a) Jiro may visit Hanji.
(b) There is no more work.
(c) The puppet is unbalanced.
(d) Jiro has to work longer for a recommendation.
8. What happens to the snipe?
(a) It breaks.
(b) Its mechanism squeals.
(c) It falls off stage.
(d) It gets caught in the clam.
9. What will Jiro be able to do someday if he is employed properly?
(a) Set up his own vegetable farm.
(c) Help his siblings.
(d) Give his family money.
10. What is Jiro's part in the new play?
(a) Foot manipulator for one of the whale puppets.
(b) Foot manipulator for one of the female puppets.
(c) Curtain raiser.
(d) Snipe holder.
11. How is Jiro feeling?
12. In what disguise do Saburo and his crew pull off the robbery?
(a) As peasant farmers.
(b) As soldiers.
(c) As Komuso monks.
(d) As sailors.
13. What is the Hanaza?
(a) The community dining hall.
(b) The outdoor meeting place.
(c) The outdoor craft fair.
(d) The puppet theater.
14. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
(b) For a short letter of introduction.
(c) For permission to check on his father.
(d) For more work.
15. For what is Yoshida disciplining one of the boys?
(a) Mixing the clay too thin.
(b) Breaking a cycle.
(c) Breaking a pot.
(d) Moving a puppet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jiro do in his part of the play?
2. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
3. What does Okada tell Jiro to claim?
4. What does Jiro do that is rude?
5. Why does Fusamu go into fits of shrieking?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)