|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
(a) That Jiro will work very hard.
(b) That Jiro is the new apprentice.
(c) That Kenshi is a wonderful son.
(d) That Jiro can make puppets.
2. How do the bandits get the stolen goods away?
(a) In baskets on top of their heads.
(b) Under their robes.
(c) Inside hollowed out books.
(d) Through the garbage bin.
3. What does Jiro decide to do?
(a) Apprentice himself to the blacksmith.
(b) Work a small plot of land near the forest.
(c) Go to the big city to find work.
(d) Go offer himself as an apprentice to Yoshidaq.
4. What does the visitor to the theater bring?
(b) A letter of demands.
(c) Jiro's sleeping quilts.
(d) A note from Jiro's grandfather.
5. How is Wada described?
(b) Very smart.
(c) Thin and quick.
(d) Ugly and fat.
6. Who offers the reward for Saburo's capture?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) The authorities and the merchants' guild.
(c) The Samurai noble in the town.
(d) No one.
7. Who tells Jiro he is selfish?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
8. Where do Jiro and Hanji go?
(a) The wool house.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The bathhouse.
9. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
(a) He found another way to move.
(b) He knew what to do for the master.
(c) He does not cry out.
(d) He intimitdated another boy.
10. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) To go once more to check on his father.
(b) To speak to Yoshida.
(c) To be released from his apprenticeship.
(d) For a copy of the play.
11. Who wears baskets on their heads?
(a) The wives of the merchant class.
(c) The wives of the peasant class.
(d) Komuso monks.
12. For what is Yoshida disciplining one of the boys?
(a) Breaking a pot.
(b) Breaking a cycle.
(c) Moving a puppet.
(d) Mixing the clay too thin.
13. What does Jiro think Yoshida does beautifully at the performance?
(a) The suicide scene.
(b) The sword fight.
(c) The interview with the Emperor.
(d) Moves the female puppet's fingers.
14. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
15. How is Minoru described?
(a) There is no mention of a Minoru.
(b) Handsome and has a beautiful voice.
(c) Ugly and thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what disguise do Saburo and his crew pull off the robbery?
2. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
3. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
4. Who is Mochida?
5. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)