|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
(a) In his dressing room.
(b) In the stables.
(c) In the bath house.
(d) In the kitchen.
2. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
3. In what country does Jiro live?
4. Who saves Jiro from a ronin?
(c) Jiro saves himself.
5. Who is jealous of Jiro?
(c) No one.
6. Who is Mochida?
(a) Yoshida's tailor.
(b) A kind man who oversees the apprentices.
(c) The head of the puppet's guild.
(d) The head of the blacksmith's guild.
7. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For more work.
(b) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
(c) For permission to check on his father.
(d) For a short letter of introduction.
8. What does Jiro think Yoshida does beautifully at the performance?
(a) The interview with the Emperor.
(b) The sword fight.
(c) The suicide scene.
(d) Moves the female puppet's fingers.
9. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
(a) Apply for a different apprenticeship.
(b) Operate the feet for the rest of the show.
(c) Repair several puppets.
(d) Show Jiro how to run the turn mill.
10. Who is Okada?
(a) The master painter.
(b) The stable hand.
(c) The cook.
(d) The master chanter.
11. What does Kinshi admire?
(a) Jiro's dexterity.
(b) One young girl in the audience.
(c) His father's performance.
(d) Jiro leaving home voluntarily.
12. In what disguise do Saburo and his crew pull off the robbery?
(a) As peasant farmers.
(b) As soldiers.
(c) As Komuso monks.
(d) As sailors.
13. With whom does Yoshida find fault when he watches the boys' practice?
14. How do the boys feel about Kinshi?
(a) They are all jealous of him.
(b) They all think he is a show off.
(c) They all love him.
(d) They all hate him.
15. For what is Yoshida disciplining one of the boys?
(a) Mixing the clay too thin.
(b) Breaking a cycle.
(c) Moving a puppet.
(d) Breaking a pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What list does Yoshida post?
2. What is Teiji's problem?
3. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
4. What does Kinshi say he did the last time there was a new play?
5. Why does Fusamu go into fits of shrieking?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)