|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jiro's mother when she goes to the shrine to get food?
(a) She is killed.
(b) She is given work in the Shogun's house.
(c) She is attacked on the way home.
2. Who is to control the snipe?
3. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
4. Who comes to the theater the next morning?
(b) Jiro's youngest brother.
5. What is Teiji's problem?
(a) He limps from a club foot.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He has a tic in his face.
(d) He has several fingers missing.
6. What does Jiro keep doing?
(a) Making up songs in his mind.
(c) Making mistakes.
(d) Swatting at a bee.
7. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
(a) In the bath house.
(b) In his dressing room.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the kitchen.
8. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That they resent him being alive.
(b) That he should help his family more.
(c) That he is just a nuisance.
(d) That they believe in him.
9. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
(a) To sit in the corner quietly until after the performance.
(b) To watch the play once to understand the plot.
(c) To go home.
(d) Get ready for the performance.
10. Where are Hanji and Isako?
(a) Jiro does not find out.
(b) Jiro's cousin's farm.
(c) The big city.
(d) Jiro's grandfather's place in the capitol.
11. Where do Jiro and Hanji go?
(a) The wool house.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The bathhouse.
12. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
(a) Play the snipe part for Kenshi to practice.
(b) Tell Yoshida how good Kenshi is.
(c) Tell Yoshida that Kenshi wants to talk with him.
(d) Steal a copy of the new play.
13. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) To go once more to check on his father.
(b) To be released from his apprenticeship.
(c) To speak to Yoshida.
(d) For a copy of the play.
14. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
(a) He needs a whole set of children puppets.
(b) He needs a special Empress puppet.
(c) He needs several new puppets.
(d) He does not need the new puppet Hanji is making.
15. What is Joman's occupation?
(a) A bandit.
(b) A samurai.
(c) A scribe.
(d) A potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
2. How do the boys feel about Kinshi?
3. Who saves Jiro from a ronin?
4. What does Jiro decide to do?
5. What is wrong with Hanji?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)