|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
2. For what is Yoshida disciplining one of the boys?
(a) Breaking a pot.
(b) Breaking a cycle.
(c) Moving a puppet.
(d) Mixing the clay too thin.
3. Who tells Jiro he is selfish?
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
(a) Operate the feet for the rest of the show.
(b) Apply for a different apprenticeship.
(c) Repair several puppets.
(d) Show Jiro how to run the turn mill.
5. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
(a) He does not cry out.
(b) He intimitdated another boy.
(c) He knew what to do for the master.
(d) He found another way to move.
6. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That they resent him being alive.
(b) That he should help his family more.
(c) That they believe in him.
(d) That he is just a nuisance.
7. What does Jiro think Yoshida does beautifully at the performance?
(a) The interview with the Emperor.
(b) The suicide scene.
(c) The sword fight.
(d) Moves the female puppet's fingers.
8. Where does Jiro go after talking with Taro?
(a) To the capitol.
(b) To the Hanaza.
(c) To his cousin's farm.
(d) To the big city.
9. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
(a) A painter.
(b) A potter.
(c) A puppeteer.
(d) A blacksmith,.
10. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
(a) Fires Jiro.
(b) Whips Kenshi.
(c) Joins in the celebration.
(d) Whips Jiro.
11. What is Kwada's job in the theater?
(a) Prop man.
(c) Costume designer.
(d) Foot operator.
12. Why is Jiro worried about his new duty?
(a) He is not very tall.
(b) He trips the last time he had to do this job.
(c) His foot is still hurting from almost being attacked.
(d) It is a big responsibility and he is not sure he is ready.
13. Who is Fusamu?
(a) Okada's wife.
(b) Kinshi's aunt.
(c) A courtesan.
(d) A Shogun's wife character in the play.
14. Who is Saburo?
(a) The mayor of the village.
(b) The medicine man of the village.
(c) A notorious bandit.
(d) A blacksmith.
15. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) To go once more to check on his father.
(b) To be released from his apprenticeship.
(c) To speak to Yoshida.
(d) For a copy of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
2. What is offered for Saburo's capture?
3. Where do Jiro and Hanji go?
4. Who is Mochida?
5. What is Teiji's problem?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)