|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jira ask Okada?
(a) To speak to Yoshida.
(b) To go once more to check on his father.
(c) To be released from his apprenticeship.
(d) For a copy of the play.
2. Who wears baskets on their heads?
(b) Komuso monks.
(c) The wives of the peasant class.
(d) The wives of the merchant class.
3. To whom does Kinshi introduce Jiro?
(a) To his younger brother.
(b) To Yoshida.
(c) To his dog.
(d) To the other apprentices.
4. What does Isako not let Jiro do?
(a) Come home.
(b) Talk to Hanji.
(c) Explain his reasons.
(d) Walk her out of the theater.
5. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
(a) Show Jiro how to run the turn mill.
(b) Apply for a different apprenticeship.
(c) Repair several puppets.
(d) Operate the feet for the rest of the show.
6. What does Jiro do to prepare for his part in the new production?
(a) Runs several miles every day.
(b) Wraps his foot tightly to help the pain.
(c) Does acrobatic stunts.
(d) Practices constantly.
7. What is Kwada's job in the theater?
(a) Costume designer.
(b) Foot operator.
(d) Prop man.
8. Why does Fusamu go into fits of shrieking?
(a) Her brother is killed by one of the bandits.
(b) To pretend her mother has died.
(c) A bandit accidentally kills her cat.
(d) Her dog is killed by one of the soldiers.
9. What is wrong with Hanji?
(a) He had a stroke.
(b) He has bad lungs.
(c) He broke his hip.
(d) He had a heart attack.
10. How is Minoru described?
(b) There is no mention of a Minoru.
(c) Handsome and has a beautiful voice.
(d) Ugly and thin.
11. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
(a) Tell Yoshida that Kenshi wants to talk with him.
(b) Tell Yoshida how good Kenshi is.
(c) Steal a copy of the new play.
(d) Play the snipe part for Kenshi to practice.
12. Who is Hanji?
(a) Jiro's father.
(b) Jiro's brother.
(c) Jiro's grandmother.
(d) Jiro's sister.
13. What is offered for Saburo's capture?
(b) Elevation to noble class.
(c) A large monetary reward.
(d) Some land.
14. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
(a) In his dressing room.
(b) In the bath house.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the stables.
15. What happens to the snipe?
(a) It gets caught in the clam.
(b) It breaks.
(c) It falls off stage.
(d) Its mechanism squeals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Hanaza?
2. Who saves Jiro from a ronin?
3. What is Jiro chosen to hold on stage one day?
4. How is Wada described?
5. What is said about Yoshida?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)