|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jiro worried about his new duty?
(a) He trips the last time he had to do this job.
(b) It is a big responsibility and he is not sure he is ready.
(c) He is not very tall.
(d) His foot is still hurting from almost being attacked.
2. What is the situation in this country during this time?
(a) A religious upheaval.
(b) A famine.
(c) A drought.
(d) A civil war.
3. What does Jiro find when he is stealing the text of the next play?
(a) A basket hat.
(b) A letter from Hanji to Yoshida.
(c) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(d) A letter from Yoshida to Saburo.
4. How do the boys feel about Kinshi?
(a) They are all jealous of him.
(b) They all hate him.
(c) They all think he is a show off.
(d) They all love him.
5. What does Jiro say to Yoshida?
(a) That Jiro is the new apprentice.
(b) That Jiro will work very hard.
(c) That Jiro can make puppets.
(d) That Kenshi is a wonderful son.
6. What is Kwada's job in the theater?
(b) Costume designer.
(c) Prop man.
(d) Foot operator.
7. What does Jiro hope about his father?
(a) He will get a job with Yoshida also.
(b) He will come to the performance.
(c) He will recover from his bad fall.
(d) He will let Jiro come back home.
8. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
(a) Some fireworks.
9. What does the visitor to the theater bring?
(a) A note from Jiro's grandfather.
(c) A letter of demands.
(d) Jiro's sleeping quilts.
10. What is Joman's occupation?
(a) A bandit.
(b) A samurai.
(c) A scribe.
(d) A potter.
11. What has Jiro learned about his mother?
(a) She has returned home without Hanji.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She wants to see Jiro.
12. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
13. What is offered for Saburo's capture?
(a) Elevation to noble class.
(c) A large monetary reward.
(d) Some land.
14. What does Jiro think Yoshida does beautifully at the performance?
(a) The sword fight.
(b) The suicide scene.
(c) Moves the female puppet's fingers.
(d) The interview with the Emperor.
15. Where do Jiro and Hanji go?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The butcher.
(c) The wool house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Jiro he is selfish?
2. What is wrong with Hanji?
3. In what disguise do Saburo and his crew pull off the robbery?
4. About whom do Jiro and Hanji talk with another man?
5. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)