|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jiro learned about his mother?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She has returned home without Hanji.
(c) She wants to see Jiro.
(d) She has had another child.
2. Who has fallen in love with Joman?
(a) Kinshi's aunt.
(b) Hanji's sister.
(c) No one.
3. What is Joman's occupation?
(a) A bandit.
(b) A samurai.
(c) A potter.
(d) A scribe.
4. What happens to the snipe?
(a) Its mechanism squeals.
(b) It falls off stage.
(c) It breaks.
(d) It gets caught in the clam.
5. Who offers the reward for Saburo's capture?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) The authorities and the merchants' guild.
(c) The Samurai noble in the town.
(d) No one.
6. What does Kinshi steal to celebrate?
(d) Some fireworks.
7. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
(a) Fires Jiro.
(b) Whips Kenshi.
(c) Whips Jiro.
(d) Joins in the celebration.
8. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That he should help his family more.
(b) That they believe in him.
(c) That he is just a nuisance.
(d) That they resent him being alive.
9. What tells Yoshida tell Jiro to do?
(a) Get ready for the performance.
(b) To sit in the corner quietly until after the performance.
(c) To watch the play once to understand the plot.
(d) To go home.
10. Who does Joman disguise himself as?
(a) Fusamu's old mother.
(c) Joman's grandfather.
(d) The Shogun for whom he works.
11. Who is Mochida?
(a) A kind man who oversees the apprentices.
(b) Yoshida's tailor.
(c) The head of the blacksmith's guild.
(d) The head of the puppet's guild.
12. Who does the character Joman resemble?
(d) The Shogun.
13. To whom does Kinshi introduce Jiro?
(a) To his dog.
(b) To the other apprentices.
(c) To Yoshida.
(d) To his younger brother.
14. What does Jiro do that is rude?
(a) Refuses to shake Yoshida's hand.
(b) Interrupts his father.
(c) Does not allow his mother to speak.
(d) Does not remove his sandals in Yoshida's house.
15. In what country does Jiro live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jiro worry about Hanji?
2. What will Jiro be able to do someday if he is employed properly?
3. How do the bandits get the stolen goods away?
4. What does Jira ask Okada?
5. What is the state of Jiro's family?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)