|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fusamu?
(a) Kinshi's aunt.
(b) A courtesan.
(c) A Shogun's wife character in the play.
(d) Okada's wife.
2. What is the Hanaza?
(a) The outdoor craft fair.
(b) The community dining hall.
(c) The outdoor meeting place.
(d) The puppet theater.
3. Who is Yoshida?
(a) Jiro's brother.
(b) A master potter.
(c) The master puppeteer.
(d) Jiro's uncle.
4. How is Wada described?
(a) Thin and quick.
(b) Ugly and fat.
(c) Very smart.
5. What is Jiro's part in the new play?
(a) Curtain raiser.
(b) Foot manipulator for one of the female puppets.
(c) Foot manipulator for one of the whale puppets.
(d) Snipe holder.
6. What does Kinshi say he did the last time there was a new play?
(a) Memorized all the lines.
(b) Suggested some new puppets for it.
(c) Stole Yoshida's personal copy.
(d) Changed some of the lines.
7. What does Jiro hope about his father?
(a) He will get a job with Yoshida also.
(b) He will come to the performance.
(c) He will let Jiro come back home.
(d) He will recover from his bad fall.
8. What is Jiro helping his father do?
(a) Sow rice seeds.
(b) Gather eggs.
(c) Shear sheep.
(d) Make a new puppet.
9. To whom does Kinshi introduce Jiro?
(a) To his dog.
(b) To Yoshida.
(c) To his younger brother.
(d) To the other apprentices.
10. What does Jiro keep doing?
(b) Making mistakes.
(c) Swatting at a bee.
(d) Making up songs in his mind.
11. What is Kwada's job in the theater?
(a) Foot operator.
(b) Prop man.
(d) Costume designer.
12. Who is Kinshi?
(a) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
(b) The blacksmith's son.
(c) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
(d) The son of Saburo.
13. Who does Joman disguise himself as?
(a) The Shogun for whom he works.
(b) Fusamu's old mother.
(d) Joman's grandfather.
14. How does Jiro feel about himself in regards to his family?
(a) That he is just a nuisance.
(b) That he should help his family more.
(c) That they resent him being alive.
(d) That they believe in him.
15. How is Minoru described?
(b) Handsome and has a beautiful voice.
(c) Ugly and thin.
(d) There is no mention of a Minoru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joman's occupation?
2. Who does the character Joman resemble?
3. Who is to control the snipe?
4. What does Kinshi admire?
5. What will Jiro be able to do someday if he is employed properly?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)