|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiro admire about the boy who is disciplined?
(a) He intimitdated another boy.
(b) He does not cry out.
(c) He knew what to do for the master.
(d) He found another way to move.
2. What is happening when Jiro gets to the theater?
(a) Officials are trying to make Yoshida pay more taxes.
(b) The sets are being changed.
(c) There is a small fire.
(d) A performance is in progress.
3. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
(a) Fires Jiro.
(b) Whips Jiro.
(c) Whips Kenshi.
(d) Joins in the celebration.
4. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For permission to check on his father.
(b) For more work.
(c) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
(d) For a short letter of introduction.
5. What does Kinshi say the left-hand operators will do?
(a) Move the puppets towards the center of the stage.
(b) Pull the curtain while Jiro drops the set.
(c) Nod when it's time to pull the curtain.
(d) Try to mess up Jiro on his first day.
6. What does Kinshi admire?
(a) One young girl in the audience.
(b) Jiro leaving home voluntarily.
(c) His father's performance.
(d) Jiro's dexterity.
7. What happens to the snipe?
(a) Its mechanism squeals.
(b) It breaks.
(c) It falls off stage.
(d) It gets caught in the clam.
8. What is Teiji's problem?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He has several fingers missing.
(c) He has a tic in his face.
(d) He limps from a club foot.
9. Who comes to the theater the next morning?
(c) Jiro's youngest brother.
10. Who is Kinshi?
(a) The boy Jiro saw being disciplined.
(b) A beggar boy Jiro meets at the blacksmith's stable.
(c) The son of Saburo.
(d) The blacksmith's son.
11. In what country does Jiro live?
12. Where does Jiro go after talking with Taro?
(a) To the capitol.
(b) To the big city.
(c) To the Hanaza.
(d) To his cousin's farm.
13. To whom does Kinshi introduce Jiro?
(a) To his younger brother.
(b) To the other apprentices.
(c) To his dog.
(d) To Yoshida.
14. About what has Yoshida just sent word?
(a) He needs a whole set of children puppets.
(b) He does not need the new puppet Hanji is making.
(c) He needs several new puppets.
(d) He needs a special Empress puppet.
15. Where are Hanji and Isako?
(a) Jiro's grandfather's place in the capitol.
(b) Jiro does not find out.
(c) Jiro's cousin's farm.
(d) The big city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mochida's response to Jiro's question?
2. Who is jealous of Jiro?
3. Who is Mochida?
4. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
5. What list does Yoshida post?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)