|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jiro sleep?
(a) In with Okada.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the dressing room.
(d) He goes home every day to sleep.
2. What is Kwada's job in the theater?
(a) Foot operator.
(b) Costume designer.
(c) Prop man.
3. How many ryo are placed as a reward on Saburo's head?
4. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For a short letter of introduction.
(b) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
(c) For more work.
(d) For permission to check on his father.
5. What does Isako not let Jiro do?
(a) Talk to Hanji.
(b) Explain his reasons.
(c) Come home.
(d) Walk her out of the theater.
6. Where does Jiro visit Okada?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bath house.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In his dressing room.
7. Why is Jiro worried about his new duty?
(a) He is not very tall.
(b) He trips the last time he had to do this job.
(c) It is a big responsibility and he is not sure he is ready.
(d) His foot is still hurting from almost being attacked.
8. To whom does Kinshi introduce Jiro?
(a) To his younger brother.
(b) To his dog.
(c) To the other apprentices.
(d) To Yoshida.
9. Who is constantly frustrated with Jiro?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) The mayor.
10. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
(a) He is of making his parents angry.
(b) He is afraid he will miss his brothers.
(c) He worries that his mother will miss him.
(d) He is afraid of failure.
11. What does Jiro decide to do on the New Year instead of celebrating with the others?
(a) Go see his mother.
(c) Go to talk to his brother.
(d) Work overtime for some food for his mother.
12. Where are Hanji and Isako?
(a) The big city.
(b) Jiro's cousin's farm.
(c) Jiro does not find out.
(d) Jiro's grandfather's place in the capitol.
13. Who is Hanji?
(a) Jiro's brother.
(b) Jiro's sister.
(c) Jiro's grandmother.
(d) Jiro's father.
14. What will Jiro be able to do someday if he is employed properly?
(a) Give his family money.
(b) Set up his own vegetable farm.
(c) Help his siblings.
15. Who saves Jiro from a ronin?
(c) Jiro saves himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Saburo and his band rob one evening?
2. What does Jiro keep doing?
3. Who does Joman disguise himself as?
4. How does Okada react to Jiro's request?
5. What list does Yoshida post?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)