|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Saburo?
(a) The mayor of the village.
(b) The medicine man of the village.
(c) A notorious bandit.
(d) A blacksmith.
2. What does Yoshido say about Jiro?
(a) Yoshido says Jiro has clumsey hands.
(b) Yoshido says Jiro is impudent.
(c) Yoshido says Jiro is skilled for his age.
(d) Yoshido says Jiro has spirit.
3. To whom does Jiro apprentice himself?
(a) A painter.
(b) A blacksmith,.
(c) A potter.
(d) A puppeteer.
4. Where does Jiro go after talking with Taro?
(a) To the big city.
(b) To the capitol.
(c) To the Hanaza.
(d) To his cousin's farm.
5. What is one reason Jiro has decided to do what he does?
(a) He can learn blacksmithing and then set up a shop.
(b) His mother has been hounding him too much.
(c) There will be one less mouth to feed at home.
(d) His father is very ill.
6. Why does Jiro worry about his decision?
(a) He is afraid of failure.
(b) He is of making his parents angry.
(c) He is afraid he will miss his brothers.
(d) He worries that his mother will miss him.
7. Who wears baskets on their heads?
(a) Komuso monks.
(b) The wives of the merchant class.
(c) The wives of the peasant class.
8. What does Jiro ask Mochida?
(a) For a short letter of introduction.
(b) For more work.
(c) For help with a puppet Jiro is making.
(d) For permission to check on his father.
9. To whom does Kinshi introduce Jiro?
(a) To Yoshida.
(b) To the other apprentices.
(c) To his dog.
(d) To his younger brother.
10. What happens to Jiro's mother when she goes to the shrine to get food?
(b) She is killed.
(c) She is given work in the Shogun's house.
(d) She is attacked on the way home.
11. What is Kwada's job in the theater?
(b) Costume designer.
(c) Foot operator.
(d) Prop man.
12. Who saves Jiro from a ronin?
(c) Jiro saves himself.
13. What does Isako not let Jiro do?
(a) Explain his reasons.
(b) Walk her out of the theater.
(c) Talk to Hanji.
(d) Come home.
14. What does Yoshida do after discovering the celebration?
(a) Joins in the celebration.
(b) Whips Jiro.
(c) Whips Kenshi.
(d) Fires Jiro.
15. Where are Hanji and Isako?
(a) Jiro's grandfather's place in the capitol.
(b) Jiro's cousin's farm.
(c) The big city.
(d) Jiro does not find out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jiro's part in the new play?
2. Who has fallen in love with Joman?
3. What does Jiro offer to do for Kenshi?
4. Where do Jiro and Hanji go?
5. What does Yoshida tell Kinshi to do?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)