* Jiro helps his father make puppets and though there is a famine they are better off than many.
* They can still make some money selling puppets but Jiro is still very hungry and keeps making mistakes.
* Jiro's mother is very frustrated with him. He and his father decide to use the last of their money visiting the bathhouse.
* There they talk with another man about a rich merchant who was robbed by the notorious bandit Saburo.
* Jiro and his father go to sell a puppet to Yoshida, the master puppeteer at the Hanaza, a puppet theater.
* Inside, Yoshida is beating one of the boys for moving a puppet's feet when they were supposed to be still.
* Yoshida offers food and Hanji, Jiro's father refuses but Jiro is too hungry to follow social etiquette. He accepts the food.
* Although Jiro's rude...
This section contains 2,400 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)