|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________________, a contemporary of Wellington's from Calcutta, described the man thus: "He was all life and spirits. In height he was about 5 feet 7 inches (in fact nearer 5 feet 10 inches) with a long pale face, a remarkably large aquiline nose, a clear blue eye and the blackest beard I ever saw" (p. 106).
(a) Gregory Elson.
(b) Gary Ellerton.
(c) Geoffrey Elton.
(d) George Elers.
2. One of Wellington's aims upon his return home was to help save ______________, who had fallen into scandal.
(a) His uncle.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
3. One man referred to Grant as being _______________.
4. Philip had been married _________ times by the time he married OIympias and would marry another three times afterward, casting Olympias and the other wives aside as he tired of them.
5. Alexander was the __________________ son of Philip II of Macedonia and Olympias.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant received a bit of notoriety after a stint where?
2. How was Alexander toward his men?
3. Alexander often used __________ to the point of detriment.
4. Throughout Alexander's childhood, the boy was well educated in many areas suitable to a young royal. Alexander's education included learning to sing and play the lyre, hunt, ride, and to debate, and to appreciate epic poetry, mostly as it related to whom?
5. To what did the French set fire?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)