|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first piece of news about Napoleon's attack on the Prussians reached Wellington while he was preparing to do what?
(a) Attend a ball.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Plan an attack.
2. More widely believed, even if incorrectly, is what legend?
(a) Wellington did not want to be a leader.
(b) Wellington adored his soldiers.
(c) Wellington feared his soldiers.
(d) Wellington detested his soldiers.
3. How long did Wellington spend in India?
(a) Three years.
(b) Thirteen years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Eight years.
4. Wellington had first witnessed warfare in _________ in Holland.
5. Wellington so impressed Castlereagh that the thirty-seven-year-old soldier was soon a trusted confidant and advisor on one military scheme after another. One of those schemes included keeping an eye on whose activities?
(a) King Richard's.
(b) Kaiser Wilhelm.
(d) George Washington's.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the early morning hours, Wellington took time to write his dispatch, which would later appear in its entirety where?
2. The ___________________ love drama and the theatre.
3. ___________________, a contemporary of Wellington's from Calcutta, described the man thus: "He was all life and spirits. In height he was about 5 feet 7 inches (in fact nearer 5 feet 10 inches) with a long pale face, a remarkably large aquiline nose, a clear blue eye and the blackest beard I ever saw" (p. 106).
4. What is the major difference between Wellington and Napoleon regarding battle?
5. Keegan outlines Wellington's daily schedule, which included just __________ hours of sleep and supreme focus.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)