|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Wellington come alive in his military career?
(a) While in military school.
(b) After his military stint in India.
(c) Before his military stint in India.
(d) After the Battle of Waterloo.
2. In 1806, Wellington realized what dream?
(a) Of graduating from college.
(b) Of becoming a military leader.
(c) Of being married.
(d) Of being accepted by his military peers.
3. Wellington had first witnessed warfare in _________ in Holland.
4. During the early morning hours, Wellington took time to write his dispatch, which would later appear in its entirety where?
(a) In the New York Times.
(b) In the London Chronicle.
(c) In the Paris Post.
(d) In the London Times.
5. Once Wellington took the reins, he had participated in an average of how many battles per year, not counting the years taken off during peacetime or tending to other duties?
Short Answer Questions
1. Keegan compares Alexander to whom?
2. What staff training existed in Wellington's day?
3. Why did many of the other soldiers view Wellington with some jealousy?
4. ___________________, a contemporary of Wellington's from Calcutta, described the man thus: "He was all life and spirits. In height he was about 5 feet 7 inches (in fact nearer 5 feet 10 inches) with a long pale face, a remarkably large aquiline nose, a clear blue eye and the blackest beard I ever saw" (p. 106).
5. Like many royals, Alexander had a tutor. Alexander's tutor of __________ years also happened to be a brilliant student of Plato's, a man named Aristotle.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)