|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Alexander's day, many men made their living by performing as what?
2. Olympias and Philip were a good match - passionate, loving, and committed by _____________________.
(a) An arranged marriage, not by choice.
(b) Mutual hatred of the Persian emperor.
(c) Choice and an arranged marriage.
(d) Choice, not by an arranged marriage.
3. Aristotle would become known as one of the world's most brilliant philosophers and the founding father of ___________.
4. There is not much mention of Philip taking part in Alexander's life until the boy was about age ______________.
5. It is surmised that both Wellington and Napoleon, uniquely adept at grasping higher learning concepts, may have been exposed to a classical learning technique that involved the use of _______________.
(a) Mnemonic devices.
(d) Flash cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexander was the __________________ son of Philip II of Macedonia and Olympias.
2. Wellington so impressed Castlereagh that the thirty-seven-year-old soldier was soon a trusted confidant and advisor on one military scheme after another. One of those schemes included keeping an eye on whose activities?
3. Alexander paid a visit to the Oracle and it was said that the Oracle referred to Alexander as the son of whom?
4. One of the biggest benefits of Wellington's scarce idle time is what?
5. Describe Olympias.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)