|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wellington chose to make plans and do what?
(a) Change the plans frequently.
(b) Whatever he could to avoid fighting a great battle.
(c) Ignore the plans.
(d) Attack quickly without thinking.
2. Alexander paid a visit to the Oracle and it was said that the Oracle referred to Alexander as the son of whom?
3. The army was down to about ________ thousand men.
4. Like many royals, Alexander had a tutor. Alexander's tutor of __________ years also happened to be a brilliant student of Plato's, a man named Aristotle.
5. What is the major difference between Wellington and Napoleon regarding battle?
(a) Napoleon was afraid to lead his men into battle.
(b) Napoleon did not want to fight unless it was absolutely necessary.
(c) Napoleon was known for having a real plan for his campaigns.
(d) Napoleon was known for not having a real plan for his campaigns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Grant did not approve of the tactics used regarding the Rio Grande venture?
2. Chapter one, "Alexander the Great and Heroic Leadership," begins with Keegan comparing Alexander to Napoleon, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan, Prince Charles, Hitler and others. Does the author believe any of these leaders can compare to Alexander the Great?
3. The inner core of the army was __________________, comprised of about three thousand men, two thousand of which rode into Asia.
4. Alexander could, however, claim an abundance of natural resources, livestock, grains, and fertile lands. The latter was due in part to what?
5. Keegan outlines Wellington's daily schedule, which included just __________ hours of sleep and supreme focus.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)