|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wellington attend school?
2. Keegan states that if there is any one historical document that details the Civil War in its entirety, that document would be what?
(a) The Letters of U.S. Grant.
(b) The Personal Memoirs of Abraham Lincoln.
(c) The Letters of Abraham Lincoln.
(d) The Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant.
3. Where did Hitler spend much of his time during the war?
(a) In large, beautiful lodgings.
(b) In Belgium.
(c) In an apartment in Berlin.
(d) In bleak surroundings and in mosquito-infested forests.
4. The French were determined to throw a web of alliances over the principalities as a sign of allegiance to whom?
(a) The Moghuls.
(b) The Chinese.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Swedes.
5. Chapter eight," Grant and American Democracy", details Grant's views on what?
(a) The Founding Fathers.
(b) Human rights.
(c) The Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Grant chosen for his military appointment?
2. More widely believed, even if incorrectly, is what legend?
3. In ____________, Wellington was awarded with the Order of the Garter as well as a field marshal's baton.
4. It is surmised that both Wellington and Napoleon, uniquely adept at grasping higher learning concepts, may have been exposed to a classical learning technique that involved the use of _______________.
5. West Point would go on to graduate many notable people, including President Eisenhower, James McNeil Whistler, and __________________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)