|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wellington so impressed Castlereagh that the thirty-seven-year-old soldier was soon a trusted confidant and advisor on one military scheme after another. One of those schemes included keeping an eye on whose activities?
(a) King Richard's.
(c) George Washington's.
(d) Kaiser Wilhelm.
2. How did Wellington dress when going into battle?
(a) Like a French commanding officer.
(b) Like a commanding officer.
(c) Like a civilian.
(d) Like an American soldier.
3. The year was 1862, and Grant was serving as the Commander of the District of __________________.
(a) Eastern Indiana.
(b) Western Tennessee.
(c) Northern West Virginia.
(d) Southern Kentucky.
4. More widely believed, even if incorrectly, is what legend?
(a) Wellington detested his soldiers.
(b) Wellington feared his soldiers.
(c) Wellington did not want to be a leader.
(d) Wellington adored his soldiers.
5. Hitler erected more than _____________ wartime lodgings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close did Germany come to victory in WWI?
2. WWII would become what for Hitler?
3. Lincoln recognized what in Grant?
4. The United States only had _____________ thousand men compared to the two hundred thousand men in Britain's army.
5. Hitler was one of the most __________________ leaders of his or any other time.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)