|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family decide to do while the Count is away on his trip?
(a) Marry off the Marquise.
(b) Remodel the house.
(c) Make inquiries into his background.
(d) Go on a trip themselves.
2. While the Count is away on his trip, what does the Marquise begin to suffer from?
(b) Fits of rage.
(d) Her usual sickness.
3. According to the Count, what is the Marquise more of than the rest of them?
(a) She is more friendly than the rest of them.
(b) She is more beautiful than the rest of them.
(c) She is a more moral person than the rest of them.
(d) She is more desperate than the rest of them.
4. What has the Marquise sworn never to do again?
(a) Bear a child.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Trust a man.
5. What nationality was the author of "Marquise of O-"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Marquise's mother give the Marquise after her examination?
2. What does the Marquise request when she writes to her parents?
3. What does the Marquise command her porter to do?
4. What does the Count tell the family about during dinner?
5. How does "The Marquise of O-" conclude?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Marquise call for a doctor?
2. What does the Count tell the family, which surprises them?
3. What is the Marquise doing at the beginning of the story?
4. What does the Marquise refuse to do before leaving the house?
5. Why does the Count want to marry the Marquise, and how does she feel about the idea?
6. How does the Count shock the Marquise's brother?
7. What happens while the family are trying to think of a way to show their gratitude to the Count?
8. How does the Marquise's father react when he hears that the Marquise is with child?
9. What does the doctor tell the Marquise, and how does the Marquise react?
10. How does the story end?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)