|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count give the baby when it is born?
(a) His father's pocket watch.
(b) A large sum of money.
(c) His medals.
(d) A kiss.
2. When the Count tells the Marquise that he wants to marry her, what does she tell him?
(a) She tells him that she will think about it.
(b) She tells him to go away.
(c) She tells him that she wishes for the same.
(d) She tells him that he is foolish.
3. How many children is the Marquise raising?
4. How does the Count react after seeing the newspaper article?
5. How does the Marquise react to the news about the Count?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is distraught.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is disappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Count headed when he stops at the Marquise's home?
2. What is the Marquise's father's position in the military?
3. What does the Count give up by signing some papers from the Marquise's father?
4. What has the Marquise sworn never to do again?
5. What does the Marquise request when she writes to her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story end?
2. During dinner with the Marquise and her family, what does the Count tell them about?
3. What does the Count tell the family, which surprises them?
4. What is the Marquise doing at the beginning of the story?
5. What is surprising about the Count's visit?
6. How does the Marquise's father react when he hears that the Marquise is with child?
7. How does the Count shock the Marquise's brother?
8. What happens while the family are trying to think of a way to show their gratitude to the Count?
9. What does the Marquise refuse to do before leaving the house?
10. How is the Marquise described?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)