|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group decide to attend?
(a) A group hunt.
(b) A previously-scheduled public performance.
(c) A church service.
(d) A town meeting.
2. What had Josefa done after the earthquake?
(a) Josefa collected supplies.
(b) Josefa ran to her parents' home.
(c) Josefa looked for her baby.
(d) Josefa ran to the prison.
3. What is the name of the river which "rolled toward" Jerónimo?
(a) Mapocho River.
(b) Calbuco River.
(c) Renegado River.
(d) Dillo River.
4. What does a man announce in the church?
(a) That Jerónimo and Josefa blame themselves for the earthquake.
(b) That Jerónimo and Josefa are present.
(c) That another earthquake will take place.
(d) That someone has stolen his cow.
5. Where does Jerónimo find Josefa?
(a) Near a stream.
(b) Sitting peacefully on a hillside.
(c) At the church.
(d) Amongst the rubble.
6. Where does Josefa live?
(a) In a simple hut.
(b) In a nearby village.
(c) At a convent.
(d) In a large mansion.
7. What happens to Jerónimo's and Josefa's baby?
(a) The baby is taken away.
(b) Don and his wife adopt him.
(c) The baby dies.
(d) The baby is raised at the church.
8. After the earthquake, where do Jerónimo's legs carry him?
(a) Wherever a woman's dress flaps in the wind.
(b) Towards the sun's rays.
(c) In the same direction that the other survivors are going.
(d) To an old meeting place.
9. Why does the father of another baby approach Josefa?
(a) His wife is too injured to nurse their son.
(b) His child will not stop crying.
(c) His wife just gave birth and he is unsure of what to do.
(d) His baby is sick.
10. Where do they plan to go after securing a loan?
11. What happens to Don's baby?
(a) It is beaten.
(b) It is stricken ill.
(c) It is taken away.
(d) It is killed.
12. Where is Don Fernando's wife injured?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her pelvis.
(d) Her stomach.
13. Who lives at the place where Jerónimo and Josefa plan to go?
(a) Josefa's sister.
(b) Jerónimo's uncle.
(c) Jerónimo's brother and nephew.
(d) A close friend of Josefa's.
14. What was the capital of this country at this time?
(d) Punta Arenas.
15. What is Don told about Jerónimo and Josefa?
(a) Their past sins.
(b) Their love.
(c) Their struggles to be together.
(d) Their fate prior to the earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they want to go to this place after securing a loan?
2. What happens after Josefa helps the father?
3. What does Don do after the man makes his announcement?
4. What does Jerónimo do when he awakens after the earthquake?
5. What did Josefa pray for after the earthquake?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)