|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Marquise command her porter to do?
(a) Not allow any visitors into the house.
(b) Keep a close eye on the laneway.
(c) Arm himself.
(d) Allow only family to enter the house.
2. What does the Marquise request when she writes to her parents?
(a) The Marquise requests that her parents never try to contact her again.
(b) The Marquise requests that her children be allowed to visit their grandfather on occasion.
(c) The Marquise requests that her belongings be sent to her.
(d) The Marquise requests that the father of the baby be sent to the house in V**.
3. What does the Marquise's brother tell her as she is leaving the house?
(a) That she is no longer welcome at the family home.
(b) That she will never be forgiven.
(c) That she is a good person.
(d) That she must leave the children behind.
4. What does the Count give up by signing some papers from the Marquise's father?
(a) He gives up his title.
(b) He gives up his self-respect.
(c) He gives up his conjugal rights.
(d) He gives up his inheritance.
5. What does the Marquise's father ask Count F after the attacks?
(a) He asks for the names of the men who attacked the Marquise.
(b) He asks for help with rebuilding his home.
(c) He asks for the name of the Count's commanding officer.
(d) He asks about Count F's background and family.
6. What does the Marquise's mother claim she will do if the Marquise's father does not forgive his daughter?
(a) She will allow the Marquise to move back into the house.
(b) She will not speak to him for weeks.
(c) She will leave him.
(d) She will become depressed.
7. Why does the Count want to marry the Marquise?
(a) To produce an heir to his fortune.
(b) To deal with his loneliness.
(c) To pacify his soul.
(d) To get a hold of her fortune.
8. What does the Marquise's mother do without her husband's permission?
(a) She sends money to her daughter.
(b) She meets up with the Count.
(c) She visits her daughter.
(d) She sends a letter to the Marquise.
9. Who is the author of "The Marquise of O-"?
(a) Heinrich von Kleist.
(b) Hermann Hesse.
(c) Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
10. What is the Marquise's father's position in the military?
(a) He is a captain.
(b) He is a colonel.
(c) He is a brigadier.
(d) He is a general.
11. How does the Count feel about marrying the Marquise?
(a) He is comfortable with the idea.
(b) He is unsure about the idea.
(c) He is 100% sure of the idea.
(d) He feels strongly about it.
12. After hearing the news of the Count, what does the Marquise start to feel?
(a) Giddiness and nausea.
(c) Severe pain in her side.
(d) A restlessness that fails to cease.
13. What did the Count see a vision of?
(a) The Marquise.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) His mother.
(d) A butterfly.
14. How does the Count react after seeing the newspaper article?
15. What is the Marquise's given name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Count locate the Marquise?
2. What does the Count claim when he visits the family?
3. How does the family feel about the Count's behavior?
4. What does the Count tell the family about during dinner?
5. What is the ad about which the Marquise puts in the paper?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)