|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Foundling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were priests running through the streets yelling?
(a) That the devil was near.
(b) That salvation was possible.
(c) That the end of the world had come.
(d) That God was angry.
2. Who do Jerónimo and Josefa rest with after the earthquake?
(a) A clergyman and some nuns.
(b) A group of people who also escaped the city.
(c) One family who also have a baby.
(d) Josefa's brother's family.
3. Why does the Marquise not believe the doctor when he says she is pregnant?
(a) She is barren.
(b) The doctor has been wrong before.
(c) She does not have the symptoms of a pregnancy.
(d) She does not remember having relations with a man.
4. What reason is given for Piachi's dismissal of one of his clerks?
(a) The clerk was rude to Piachi.
(b) The clerk was having an affair with Elvira.
(c) The clerk was unsatisfactory for various reasons.
(d) The clerk was stealing money.
5. After being seduced, what does Piachi order Nicolo to do about the relationship?
(a) Break off his liaison with the seducer.
(b) Confess his sins at church.
(c) To leave his home and go live with the woman.
(d) Marry the woman who seduced him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do to Jerónimo and Josefa in the end?
2. What did the Count see a vision of?
3. Who is the girl that Elvira sees in Nicolo's room?
4. How does Piachi describe Nicolo physically?
5. How long is Jerónimo unconscious?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)