|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Earthquake in Chile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Marquise's mother claim she will do if the Marquise's father does not forgive his daughter?
(a) She will not speak to him for weeks.
(b) She will leave him.
(c) She will allow the Marquise to move back into the house.
(d) She will become depressed.
2. How does the family react when the Count arrives at their home?
(a) They are distraught.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are indifferent.
3. What did Josefa pray for after the earthquake?
(b) Her baby's soul.
(c) Jerónimo's soul.
4. What does Jerónimo do when he awakens after the earthquake?
(a) He thanks God for his salvation.
(b) He looks for some water.
(c) He cleans himself off.
(d) He tends to his injuries.
5. What is Don told about Jerónimo and Josefa?
(a) Their struggles to be together.
(b) Their past sins.
(c) Their love.
(d) Their fate prior to the earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Jerónimo of Josefa after the earthquake?
2. Why was Jerónimo fired from his job?
3. What is the Marquise's father often referred to in the story?
4. What does the family wonder about the Count?
5. What happens after Josefa helps the father?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)