|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Earthquake in Chile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place is the Marquise's father ordered to defend?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The tower.
(c) The government residence.
(d) The citadel.
2. What does the Marquise request when she writes to her parents?
(a) The Marquise requests that her parents never try to contact her again.
(b) The Marquise requests that her belongings be sent to her.
(c) The Marquise requests that her children be allowed to visit their grandfather on occasion.
(d) The Marquise requests that the father of the baby be sent to the house in V**.
3. Who lives at the place where Jerónimo and Josefa plan to go?
(a) A close friend of Josefa's.
(b) Josefa's sister.
(c) Jerónimo's uncle.
(d) Jerónimo's brother and nephew.
4. What is the ad about which the Marquise puts in the paper?
(a) The ad is a public apology to the Marquise's father.
(b) The ad is asking for the father of her unborn baby to come forward.
(c) The ad is an admission of the Marquise's affair.
(d) The ad is seeking household staff.
5. What is the name of Jerónimo's and Josefa's baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the earthquake, where do Jerónimo's legs carry him?
2. What does Don refuse to do?
3. What does the Marquise's mother do without her husband's permission?
4. What does Don ask the naval officer for?
5. When the Count tells the Marquise that he wants to marry her, what does she tell him?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)