|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Marquise of O-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Count shock the Marquise's brother?
(a) By telling him that he still intends to marry the Marquise.
(b) By telling him that he is dying.
(c) By telling him that he is married.
(d) By telling him that he is a father.
2. What is the Marquise's given name?
3. What is the Marquise's father often referred to in the story?
(a) The commodore.
(b) The commandment.
(c) The commandant.
(d) The commander.
4. How do the Count and the Marquise live until after the baby is born?
(a) They live together in the country.
(b) The Count is stationed hours away and the Marquise stays with her parents.
(c) In separate houses.
(d) They live together at the Marquise's parents' house.
5. What does the Marquise do after Count F saves her?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She offers him money.
(d) She faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family react when the Count arrives at their home?
2. Why does the Marquise not believe the doctor when he says she is pregnant?
3. How does the family feel about the Count's behavior?
4. What is the Marquise's father's position in the military?
5. What does the Marquise's father do willingly during the attack?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)