|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Marquise of O-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Marquise's mother try to get the Marquise to guess?
(a) The identity of the father of the baby.
(b) The wishes of her deceased husband.
(c) The time and place at which her impregnation took place.
(d) The Marquise's mother's opinion of her pregnancy.
2. What does the Marquise's father do willingly during the attack?
(a) He fights the enemy.
(b) He surrenders.
(c) He gives up his daughter.
(d) He kills anyone in his way.
3. What does the Marquise do after Count F saves her?
(a) She offers him money.
(b) She cries.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She faints.
4. Who is the author of "The Marquise of O-"?
(a) Hermann Hesse.
(b) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(c) Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
(d) Heinrich von Kleist.
5. What does the Count tell the family about during dinner?
(a) His experiences during his recovery.
(b) His childhood.
(c) An old friend who he plans to visit.
(d) His experiences during the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country attacks the Marquise's country?
2. According to the Count, what is the Marquise more of than the rest of them?
3. What does the family wonder about the Count?
4. What does the Marquise's brother tell her as she is leaving the house?
5. What does the Marquise request when she writes to her parents?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)