Marquise of O-
• The Marquise places an ad in the newspaper asking the father of her baby to come forward.
• The Marquise has two children from a previous marriage. She is well-bred.
• The reader learns that after the death of her husband, she moved in with her parents.
• A war breaks out and the family house is attacked.
• The Marquise is attacked, but Count F chases the men away. The Marquise faints.
• The Marquise's family hears that the Count has been killed.
• The Marquise starts to experience the same symptoms that she did with her second daughter.
• The Count turns out to be alive, and he proposes to the Marquise.
• The Marquise considers the proposal.
• The Count shares a story of a vision he saw of the Marquise while he was recovering from his illness.
• The Marquise learns that she is pregnant. Her father forces her to leave...
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)