|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Andrew Jackson change his stance with regard to the Indian removal issue in Georgia?
(a) He insisted on the federal government's primacy.
(b) He backed states' rights.
(c) He insisted on federal coordination of policies.
(d) He allowed the military to act on its own.
2. What did crusaders NOT campaign for after the economic stress of 1819?
(b) Pre-marital sex.
(d) Marital infidelity.
3. What avenue did the Moderate Light use for pushing its agenda?
(a) Abolition organizations.
(b) Expansionist military policies.
(c) Public school reform.
(d) Church organizations.
4. What party's decay led to the formation of the Whigs?
5. What did David Ricardo theorize?
(a) The Master/Slave dialectic.
(b) Dialectic of class warfare.
(c) The economics of poverty.
(d) Labor theory of value.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sellers say Mormonism resulted from?
2. What was the benefit for which the country was suffering inflation, monetary instability, debt, and the boom-bust cycle?
3. What does Sellers say is the appropriate outlet for the sexual forces liberated in masturbation?
4. What happened to John Calhoun when Andrew Jackson formed his cabinet?
5. What does Sellers say was replacing agriculture in the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict arose for labor in the North?
2. What forces took sides around slavery?
3. What coalition formed to bring Jackson into power?
4. What were the main parties reforming American religion, in Sellers's account?
5. What was Jackson's plan for bringing stability to the economy?
6. What does Sellers say about the effects of the railroad on American culture?
7. How were the reform movements applied across the classes? Were they applied to all classes equally?
8. What was the result of the abolition of the Federal Bank?
9. What steps did Bank Chairman Biddle take to prevail against Andrew Jackson?
10. Describe the beginning of the public school movement.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)