|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Great Contradiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sellers say was the result of the economic crash?
(a) A bountiful period.
(b) A period of inflation.
(c) A period of austerity.
(d) A period of reinvestment.
2. Who will suffer with expanding markets?
3. What does Sellers say the original economic conflict took place between in America?
(a) Indigene and immigrant.
(b) Market and currency.
(c) Farmer and manufacturer.
(d) Land and market.
4. Who does Sellers say will subvert democratic sentiment if markets expand?
(a) Elite lawyers.
(c) Cotton producers.
(d) Career politicians.
5. What was James Madison's effect on Thomas Jefferson's pro-land positions?
(a) Expanded them with incentives.
(b) Tempered them with markets.
(c) Protected them with regulations.
(d) Exacerbated them with tariffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does Sellers say the political parties moved in as a result of the 1810 economic crash?
2. What theory of Sellers's is expounded in Chapter 8, Ethos vs. Eros?
3. What philosophy informs Sellers's chapter on the Second Great Awakening?
4. What kind of political picture did Jefferson's Democratic-Republicans espouse?
5. What does Sellers say happened to farmers during the economic crash?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)