|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Great Contradiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sellers characterize labor in Jackson's America?
2. What was DeWitt Clinton's role in the Republican party?
(a) Populist leader.
(c) Opposition candidate.
(d) Party kingmaker.
3. What was the problem with slavery, in terms of liberal capitalist ideology?
(a) Slaves were producers but not consumers, which limited markets.
(b) Slaves' religion was still essentially tribal superstition.
(c) The ideology could not apply to slaves.
(d) Slaves were not literate.
4. What prevented Andrew Jackson's censure?
(a) His popularity.
(b) His distance from Washington D.C.
(c) His losses in Missouri.
(d) His success in Florida.
5. What does Sellers say James Madison's Republicanism emphasizes?
(a) Strong central government.
(b) Free markets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sellers say happened to farmers during the economic crash?
2. What did the Moderate Light churches begin to focus on, according to Sellers?
3. Whom did James Monroe replace in the White House?
4. Why was Andrew Jackson censured under John Quincy Adams?
5. What does Sellers say Mormonism resulted from?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)