|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anna sleep when she reaches the Sinai desert?
(a) A tent.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) Under a rock ledge.
(d) Under the stars.
2. Why does the government close down the schools and clinic in Tawasi?
(a) The students were protesting.
(b) There is not enough money to run the programs.
(c) It has declared that the teachers are subversive.
(d) There was an outbreak of malaria.
3. Where does Isabel want Amal to accompany her in Chapter 8?
(d) New York.
4. How does Husni like to solve problems?
(a) With a gun.
(b) Through discussion.
(c) By fighting.
(d) By approaching the head of the family.
5. What city does Anna visit with Lady Caroline Burke in January of 1900?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fears does Emily have about living in Alexandria?
2. Who is Sharif?e
3. By what famous landmark does Anna have a picnic?
4. How does Tareq offend Amal?
5. Which character receives a letter from Anna describing her meeting with Layla?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Amal and Isabel similar?
2. What was the purpose of Anna's kidnapping?
3. What happened to Sharif's first marriage?
4. How does Isabel react to the events she experiences on her trip to Tawasi?
5. How does Anna's appearance contribute to her kidnapping in Chapter 10?
6. How does Anna and Sharif's relationship change at St. Catherine's monastery?
7. What does Anna plan to do once she is released by her abductors?
8. Why does Anna have an unhappy marriage with Edward?
9. How does Anna's appearance change as she travels to Sinai?
10. Describe how Amal and 'Omar became separated from their Egyptian heritage.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)