|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the house in Amal's dream become?
(a) A museum.
(b) A school.
(c) A morgue.
(d) A hospital.
2. How does Anna dress on the train to Suez?
(a) As an Egyptian woman.
(b) As an English man.
(c) As an Egyptian man.
(d) As a French man.
3. How does Husni like to solve problems?
(a) With a gun.
(b) Through discussion.
(c) By approaching the head of the family.
(d) By fighting.
4. Who is Armand Demange?
(a) The French identity Anna wants to assume as she travels to Sinai.
(b) A policeman in Cairo.
(c) Head of the Mustafa family.
(d) A Frenchman Anna meets on the train to Suez.
5. What does Anna decide to do at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Return to England.
(b) Educate herself about the local culture.
(c) Call Emily.
(d) Reunite with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character proves to be a helpful friend to Anna in Alexandria?
2. Who is Tareq 'Atiyya?
3. Who is Emily?
4. Why does Ahmad leave Palestine and return to Egypt?
5. What separates Egyptian women from men in the ballroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What political goals does Sharif strive towards?
2. Why does Anna have an unhappy marriage with Edward?
3. What was the purpose of Anna's kidnapping?
4. How does Isabel react to the events she experiences on her trip to Tawasi?
5. What happened to Sharif's first marriage?
6. How does the scenery of Egypt affect Anna?
7. How is Anna similar to Amal?
8. How does Anna's appearance contribute to her kidnapping in Chapter 10?
9. How does Tareq offend Amal?
10. What fears does Deena have about the Israelis?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)