Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what offense does Diotima accuse Ulrich in Chapter 101?
2. What point of view does the author use in Chapter 119 to relate the thoughts and feelings of Ulrich and Gerda?
3. What is one of the main reasons Walter doesn't trust Ulrich?
4. The people wish that there were a living generation to experience what, according to Chapter 108?
5. How does Gerda learn of Arnheim's ulterior motives in Chapter 119?
Ulrich and Diotima have several discussions regarding personality and its repression. What happens when an individual's personality or parts of it is repressed? Why does Ulrich suppress parts of his personality? What effect has it had on him as a person, and why? Why do he and Diotima have such different views on this topic?
Moosbrugger is used by the author to relate several messages regarding how people judge one another. How do outsiders view Moosbrugger, and why? Why are they interested in him and his situation? How do they view the crime he committed? What is the theory of "diminished responsibility," and how does it relate to Moosbrugger, and people's opinion of him?
Ulrich and General Stumm have several conversations about the subjective value of intellect. Why does General Stumm value intellect so highly? Why does Ulrich feel that he values it too highly? Do you agree? Is there any objective way to determine the value of intellect?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)