Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what offense does Diotima accuse Ulrich in Chapter 101?
2. What point of view does the author use in Chapter 119 to relate the thoughts and feelings of Ulrich and Gerda?
3. What is one of the main reasons Walter doesn't trust Ulrich?
4. The people wish that there were a living generation to experience what, according to Chapter 108?
5. How does Gerda learn of Arnheim's ulterior motives in Chapter 119?
Essay Topic 1
The author assumes that readers will be familiar with the Kakanians, and therefore the term is never really explained. From the context, what can you infer about what this term means? Who are the Kakanians? What is the area referred to as Kakania? What is its relationship with Austria?
Essay Topic 2
The author weighs in on the legal status of children and slaves as property of their parents and owners, respectively. Why were these laws put in place? What purpose were they intended to serve? When do these laws fail, and what is done in those cases? How have these laws changed since the book was written, and why? Do you think the author would approve of these changes?
Essay Topic 3
The author points out the importance of timeliness for success in business. Why is timeliness so crucial to an idea's marketability? How does Arnheim take advantage of this concept in ways that others don't? What happens to great ideas if they don't surface at the proper time, and why? Why is the execution of ideas such a difficult skill, and why do so few people possess it?
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)