|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ulrich and Arnheim decide regarding Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
(a) That if he were executed, it would save the community a great deal of money.
(b) That it is a shame that he was imprisoned, but there isn't anything they can do about it.
(c) That they should raise money for him to appeal his sentencing.
(d) Protecting the community from him is more important than his welfare.
2. What is Bonadea's husband's rank in the military?
3. Who is giving a speech in Chapter 116?
(b) General Stumm.
(c) Hans Sepp.
4. What role, formerly belonging to Arnheim, is usurped by Hans Sepp in Chapter 113?
(a) The role of acting as a go-between for the middle and upper classes.
(b) The role of helping the less fortunate to educate themselves.
(c) The role of representing the Germans at Diotima's salons.
(d) The role of showering attention on Diotima and causing her to become infatuated with him.
5. What is Rachel's main concern at the end of Chapter 117?
(a) She might get fired.
(b) She may be pregnant.
(c) Her sister needs her help.
(d) Soliman might be hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ulrich decide not to write a book in Chapter 103?
2. How does Diotima's husband feel about the revelations regarding Arnheim in Chapter 116?
3. When Moosbrugger's trial reached the courts, what type of issue did it become?
4. Which other character cares deeply about the topic discussed by Ulrich and Arnheim in Chapter 121?
5. What does Ulrich do when he encounters a prostitute in Chapter 122?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Count Leinsdorf concerned about in Chapter 107?
2. Who is Bonadea, and what is her history with Ulrich?
3. What information is given by the General in Chapter 116?
4. What happens to Bonadea in Chapter 115?
5. What is the author trying to demonstrate through Ulrich and Gerda's actions in Chapter 119?
6. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
7. What do Ulrich and Arnheim say about Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
8. What comparison does General Stumm make between libraries and warfare in Chapter 100?
9. How was Ulrich working against Arnheim, as described in Chapter 112?
10. What is happening politically in Chapter 120?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)