|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Moosbrugger's trial reached the courts, what type of issue did it become?
2. Why does Ulrich attempt to sleep with Gerda in Chapter 119?
(a) He doesn't really want to but feels obligated to.
(b) He has been attracted to her for years.
(c) He wants to ruin her relationship with her fiance.
(d) He wants to be able to blackmail her later.
3. What country is mentioned with regard to the challenge of keeping diverse forces united in Chapter 116?
4. Which other character cares deeply about the topic discussed by Ulrich and Arnheim in Chapter 121?
(b) Permanent Secretary Tuzzi.
(d) Count Leinsdorf.
5. According to Chapter 113, what is the position of the child and servant?
(a) There is no legal definition of the child's position as there is for the servant's.
(b) One is property, while the other is family.
(c) They are seen as property.
(d) Both are legally considered property but are typically treated as family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes about Rachel as a result of her relationship with Soliman in Chapter 104?
2. To whom does Gerda go with her knowledge of Arnheim's motives in Chapter 119?
3. What did Ulrich do to offend Arnheim in Chapter 112?
4. Who ended Ulrich and Bonadea's affair?
5. How does Ulrich respond during the demonstrations in Chapter 120?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Ulrich and Gerda in Chapter 119?
2. What do Walter and Clarisse fight about in Chapter 118?
3. Who does Ulrich encounter in Chapter 122, and how does he respond?
4. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
5. What happens to Bonadea in Chapter 115?
6. What is Count Leinsdorf concerned about in Chapter 107?
7. Who is Bonadea, and what is her history with Ulrich?
8. What do Ulrich and Arnheim say about Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
9. What information is given by the General in Chapter 116?
10. What is happening politically in Chapter 120?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)