|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Collateral Campaign viewed as of Chapter 116?
(a) As an aristocratic hobby.
(b) As having great political significance.
(c) As a diversion for Diotima.
(d) As a place to make business connections.
2. According to the author in Chapter 116, what is the main thing that is holding Ulrich back?
(a) He is not as intelligent as he tries to make people believe he is.
(b) His social status.
(c) He suppresses parts of his personality.
(d) His wife.
3. For whom does Rachel work?
(a) General Stumm.
(b) The Tuzzis.
4. What does Bonadea do to maintain a semblance of decorum and discretion as described in Chapter 109?
(a) Attempts to hide her drinking habit, even from those who know her best.
(b) Deceives people about the true nature of her married life and her extramarital affairs.
(c) Attends functions with her husband, and plays the part of the dutiful wife, even though they can't stand one another.
(d) Cleverly and desperately hides the fact that she is living well beyond her means.
5. According to Chapter 113, what is the position of the child and servant?
(a) One is property, while the other is family.
(b) Both are legally considered property but are typically treated as family.
(c) They are seen as property.
(d) There is no legal definition of the child's position as there is for the servant's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is used to describe the Kakanians in Chapter 108?
2. Who ended Ulrich and Bonadea's affair?
3. What is General Stumm's reason for recommending a certain author to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
4. When Moosbrugger's trial reached the courts, what type of issue did it become?
5. What concept does Arnheim ponder in Chapter 106?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)