|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept is being showcased in Chapter 119?
(a) Violence in the media.
(b) Social pressure.
(c) Serial monogamy.
(d) Consequences of adultery.
2. What societal problem is present in the novel for the first time in Chapter 120?
(b) Political unrest.
3. What two things does the General compare when talking to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
(a) Schools and libraries.
(b) Warfare and politics.
(c) Warfare and libraries.
(d) Politics and school.
4. Arnheim is convinced in Chapter 112 that Ulrich is doing what?
(a) Using Arnheim as a means to garner favor with Count Leinsdorf.
(b) Trying to sabotage Arnheim's business ventures.
(c) Trying to push Arnheim away from Diotima, so that he can be with her.
(d) Speaking poorly of Arnheim to others, including Diotima.
5. During the protests in Chapter 120, Arnheim is viewed as a representative of what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes about Rachel as a result of her relationship with Soliman in Chapter 104?
2. What do Ulrich and Arnheim talk about in Chapter 121?
3. It is revealed in Chapter 116 that Arnheim is working for whom?
4. Who ended Ulrich and Bonadea's affair?
5. What does Count Leinsdorf advise Diotima to study in Chapter 114?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Ulrich and Gerda in Chapter 119?
2. What do Diotima and Ulrich discuss in Chapter 101?
3. What concept does Arnheim contemplate in Chapter 106, and how does he feel about it?
4. What is happening politically in Chapter 120?
5. What happens between Rachel and Soliman in Chapter 104?
6. What comparison does General Stumm make between libraries and warfare in Chapter 100?
7. What happens to Bonadea in Chapter 115?
8. What is revealed about Arnheim in Chapter 116?
9. What information does Gerda gain in Chapter 119, and how?
10. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)