|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulrich notice about his own behavior in Chapter 103?
(a) There have been inconsistencies in his behavior throughout his life, and that probably won't change.
(b) His behavior used to be inconsistent, but he has been working on that, and getting better.
(c) He is unable to conform to societal standards that he doesn't think are justified.
(d) He can be very manipulative when he wants to be and has no intention of changing that.
2. According to Chapter 113, what is the position of the child and servant?
(a) There is no legal definition of the child's position as there is for the servant's.
(b) They are seen as property.
(c) Both are legally considered property but are typically treated as family.
(d) One is property, while the other is family.
3. What concept does Arnheim ponder in Chapter 106?
4. Of what offense does Diotima accuse Ulrich in Chapter 101?
(a) Trying to undermine Arnheim.
(b) Trying to pry into her personal affairs.
(c) Trying to steal one of her best friends.
(d) Trying to manipulate her.
5. What happens between Gerda and Ulrich in Chapter 119?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They plan a secret rendezvous.
(c) They stop seeing one another.
(d) They have an argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Rachel and Soliman in Chapter 104?
2. For whom does Rachel work?
3. How does Bonadea feel about her husband?
4. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility," as defined in Chapter 110?
5. How does Ulrich respond to Arnheim's offer in Chapter 121?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Gerda gain in Chapter 119, and how?
2. How do outsiders relate to Moosbrugger, and why are they interested in him, according to the information presented in Chapter 110?
3. What happens to Bonadea in Chapter 115?
4. What is said about the Kakanians in Chapter 108?
5. What do Walter and Clarisse fight about in Chapter 118?
6. What comparison does General Stumm make between libraries and warfare in Chapter 100?
7. What is Count Leinsdorf concerned about in Chapter 107?
8. How was Ulrich working against Arnheim, as described in Chapter 112?
9. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
10. What information is presented in Chapter 102 regarding Hans Sepp?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)