|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is revealed in Chapter 116 that Arnheim is working for whom?
(a) The King of Prussia.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) The Czar of Russia.
(d) The Permanent Secretary of Austria.
2. From what ailment is Bonadea suffering in Chapter 115?
(a) Nausea and vomiting.
(c) Stomach aches.
(d) Dizzy spells.
3. For whom does Rachel work?
(a) The Tuzzis.
(d) General Stumm.
4. What two things does the General compare when talking to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
(a) Warfare and politics.
(b) Schools and libraries.
(c) Politics and school.
(d) Warfare and libraries.
5. What does Arnheim ask Diotima in Chapter 105?
(a) To divorce her husband.
(b) To run away with him.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To have an affair with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concept does Arnheim ponder in Chapter 106?
2. Why isn't Ulrich surprised by the relationship that Arnheim and Diotima have?
3. What is said about Diotima in Chapter 108?
4. Where does General Stumm take Ulrich, in Chapter 100?
5. What role, formerly belonging to Arnheim, is usurped by Hans Sepp in Chapter 113?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
2. Who does Ulrich encounter in Chapter 122, and how does he respond?
3. What concept does Arnheim contemplate in Chapter 106, and how does he feel about it?
4. What comparison does General Stumm make between libraries and warfare in Chapter 100?
5. What does Diotima do with Count Leinsdorf in Chapter 114?
6. What does Gerda do with the information she gains in Chapter 119, and why?
7. How do outsiders relate to Moosbrugger, and why are they interested in him, according to the information presented in Chapter 110?
8. What information is given by the General in Chapter 116?
9. What is Count Leinsdorf concerned about in Chapter 107?
10. What is said about the Kakanians in Chapter 108?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)