|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bonadea feel about her husband?
(a) She used to love him, but doesn't anymore.
(b) She didn't love him when they got married but now feels affectionate toward him.
(c) Her feelings about him are never explicitly stated.
(d) She never loved him.
2. From what ailment is Bonadea suffering in Chapter 115?
(b) Nausea and vomiting.
(c) Stomach aches.
(d) Dizzy spells.
3. Where are Rachel and Soliman in Chapter 104?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At Rache's house.
(c) At a party which their employers have attended.
(d) At Soliman's house.
4. What changes about Rachel as a result of her relationship with Soliman in Chapter 104?
(a) She becomes sneaky and snoopish.
(b) She starts saving money to run away.
(c) She is no longer happy living the life of a slave.
(d) She begins to be insubordinate and talks back to her master.
5. What does Ulrich do when he encounters a prostitute in Chapter 122?
(a) Nothing; he ignores her and walks on.
(b) He gives her money but doesn't want her services.
(c) He gives her money in exchange for services.
(d) He spits on her and walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the gathered crowd protesting in Chapter 120?
2. What is one of the main reasons Walter doesn't trust Ulrich?
3. Why does Arnheim make some irrational presumptions about wealth, according to the author in Chapter 106?
4. Why do Rachel and Soliman find it difficult to be together in Chapter 117?
5. How does Ulrich view Arnheim, according to the information presented in Chapter 112?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Ulrich encounter in Chapter 122, and how does he respond?
2. How do outsiders relate to Moosbrugger, and why are they interested in him, according to the information presented in Chapter 110?
3. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
4. What does Ulrich realize about himself in Chapter 103?
5. What is Count Leinsdorf concerned about in Chapter 107?
6. What do Diotima and Ulrich discuss in Chapter 101?
7. What concept does Arnheim contemplate in Chapter 106, and how does he feel about it?
8. How was Ulrich working against Arnheim, as described in Chapter 112?
9. What do Ulrich and Arnheim say about Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
10. What comparison does General Stumm make between libraries and warfare in Chapter 100?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)