|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other character cares deeply about the topic discussed by Ulrich and Arnheim in Chapter 121?
(c) Permanent Secretary Tuzzi.
(d) Count Leinsdorf.
2. How does Diotima's husband feel about the revelations regarding Arnheim in Chapter 116?
(a) He immediately tries to recruit Arnheim for his own personal uses.
(b) He already knew and is using the information to further his own agenda.
(c) He is shocked and appalled that his wife was spending so much time with Arnheim.
(d) He tries to get Arnheim to introduce him to his important political connections.
3. How did Gerda meet Hans Sepp?
(a) He was an officer in the military, and she met him at a military function.
(b) He was one of Gerda's father's employees.
(c) He was a tutor hired by Gerda's father.
(d) He was the brother of one of her good friends.
4. What two things does the General compare when talking to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
(a) Warfare and politics.
(b) Warfare and libraries.
(c) Politics and school.
(d) Schools and libraries.
5. What do Ulrich and Arnheim decide regarding Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
(a) That if he were executed, it would save the community a great deal of money.
(b) That it is a shame that he was imprisoned, but there isn't anything they can do about it.
(c) Protecting the community from him is more important than his welfare.
(d) That they should raise money for him to appeal his sentencing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the position of the child and servant, according to the author in Chapter 113?
2. What does Ulrich do when he encounters a prostitute in Chapter 122?
3. How does Ulrich feel about his relationship with Arnheim in Chapter 112?
4. How does Ulrich feel about Clarisse?
5. What is Gerda's reaction when Ulrich tries to take her to bed in Chapter 119?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)