|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diotima's husband feel about the revelations regarding Arnheim in Chapter 116?
(a) He already knew and is using the information to further his own agenda.
(b) He tries to get Arnheim to introduce him to his important political connections.
(c) He is shocked and appalled that his wife was spending so much time with Arnheim.
(d) He immediately tries to recruit Arnheim for his own personal uses.
2. Why doesn't Ulrich get to see Diotima when he goes to visit her in Chapter 121?
(a) She is ill.
(b) Her husband won't let her see anyone.
(c) She is visiting with someone else.
(d) She is not in.
3. How does Ulrich feel about his relationship with Arnheim in Chapter 112?
(a) It is odd, at best.
(b) Ulrich feels that Arnheim is just using him.
(c) Arnheim wants to have a relationship with him, but he doesn't want one.
(d) They are quite close, and trust one another.
4. According to the author in Chapter 116, what is the main thing that is holding Ulrich back?
(a) He suppresses parts of his personality.
(b) His social status.
(c) He is not as intelligent as he tries to make people believe he is.
(d) His wife.
5. What is Diotima's reaction when Ulrich discusses the relationship between herself and Arnheim in Chapter 101?
(a) She blushes deeply and admits that love has grown between them.
(b) She dismisses his concerns but appears somewhat uncomfortable.
(c) She laughs and asks who told him such a story.
(d) She admits that they have affection for one another and doesn't appear to see anything wrong with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Leinsdorf advise Diotima to study in Chapter 114?
2. What does Arnheim believe about moral and material wealth?
3. Of what offense does Diotima accuse Ulrich in Chapter 101?
4. What does Racheal realize in Chapter 104?
5. How does Ulrich respond during the demonstrations in Chapter 120?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)