|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main interest outsiders seem to show in Moosbrugger, according to the information presented in Chapter 110?
(a) Whether he can be rehabilitated.
(b) Whether he is crazy.
(c) Whether he feels remorse for his crime.
(d) Whether he was really guilty of committing a crime.
2. What role, formerly belonging to Arnheim, is usurped by Hans Sepp in Chapter 113?
(a) The role of helping the less fortunate to educate themselves.
(b) The role of showering attention on Diotima and causing her to become infatuated with him.
(c) The role of representing the Germans at Diotima's salons.
(d) The role of acting as a go-between for the middle and upper classes.
3. Who expresses concern in Chapter 107, about Arnheim's relationship with Diotima?
(b) Diotima's husband.
(c) General Stumm.
(d) Count Leinsdorf.
4. According to Chapter 113, what is the position of the child and servant?
(a) They are seen as property.
(b) One is property, while the other is family.
(c) Both are legally considered property but are typically treated as family.
(d) There is no legal definition of the child's position as there is for the servant's.
5. How is the Collateral Campaign viewed as of Chapter 116?
(a) As having great political significance.
(b) As a place to make business connections.
(c) As a diversion for Diotima.
(d) As an aristocratic hobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ulrich and Arnheim talk about in Chapter 121?
2. From what ailment is Bonadea suffering in Chapter 115?
3. Which other character cares deeply about the topic discussed by Ulrich and Arnheim in Chapter 121?
4. What changes about Rachel as a result of her relationship with Soliman in Chapter 104?
5. Who ended Ulrich and Bonadea's affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is presented in Chapter 102 regarding Hans Sepp?
2. What is happening politically in Chapter 120?
3. How was Ulrich working against Arnheim, as described in Chapter 112?
4. What happens between Ulrich and Gerda in Chapter 119?
5. What comparison does General Stumm make between libraries and warfare in Chapter 100?
6. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
7. Who does Ulrich encounter in Chapter 122, and how does he respond?
8. What information does Gerda gain in Chapter 119, and how?
9. What does Gerda do with the information she gains in Chapter 119, and why?
10. How do outsiders relate to Moosbrugger, and why are they interested in him, according to the information presented in Chapter 110?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)