|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what offense does Diotima accuse Ulrich in Chapter 101?
(a) Trying to pry into her personal affairs.
(b) Trying to undermine Arnheim.
(c) Trying to steal one of her best friends.
(d) Trying to manipulate her.
2. What point of view does the author use in Chapter 119 to relate the thoughts and feelings of Ulrich and Gerda?
(a) Third-person omniscient.
(b) First-person omniscient.
(d) Third-person limited.
3. What is one of the main reasons Walter doesn't trust Ulrich?
(a) Ulrich has expressed an attraction toward Clarisse.
(b) Ulrich stole money from Walter.
(c) Ulrich once stole Walter's girlfriend.
(d) Ulrich has had affairs with married women.
4. The people wish that there were a living generation to experience what, according to Chapter 108?
(a) A classless society.
(b) A society where there was no one extremely poor or extremely rich.
(c) A world without war.
(d) The presence of the Messiah.
5. How does Gerda learn of Arnheim's ulterior motives in Chapter 119?
(a) By reading his mail.
(b) From Diotima.
(c) By eavesdropping on his conversations.
(d) From her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is mentioned with regard to the challenge of keeping diverse forces united in Chapter 116?
2. What did Ulrich do to offend Arnheim in Chapter 112?
3. How does Diotima's husband feel about the revelations regarding Arnheim in Chapter 116?
4. What type of person is Ulrich in terms of his relationships?
5. According to the author in Chapter 112, at what point does a great man cease to be great?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)