|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulrich notice about his own behavior in Chapter 103?
(a) He can be very manipulative when he wants to be and has no intention of changing that.
(b) His behavior used to be inconsistent, but he has been working on that, and getting better.
(c) He is unable to conform to societal standards that he doesn't think are justified.
(d) There have been inconsistencies in his behavior throughout his life, and that probably won't change.
2. Who is the gathered crowd protesting in Chapter 120?
(a) The General.
(c) Count Leinsdorf.
3. What concept does Arnheim ponder in Chapter 106?
4. How did Gerda meet Hans Sepp?
(a) He was the brother of one of her good friends.
(b) He was one of Gerda's father's employees.
(c) He was an officer in the military, and she met him at a military function.
(d) He was a tutor hired by Gerda's father.
5. Which individual is not mentioned by Ulrich as one of his long-term friends in Chapter 103?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diotima's reaction when Ulrich discusses the relationship between herself and Arnheim in Chapter 101?
2. What does Ulrich do when he encounters a prostitute in Chapter 122?
3. When Moosbrugger's trial reached the courts, what type of issue did it become?
4. From what ailment is Bonadea suffering in Chapter 115?
5. Which other character cares deeply about the topic discussed by Ulrich and Arnheim in Chapter 121?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening politically in Chapter 120?
2. What idea does Ulrich have at the end of Chapter 120?
3. Who does Ulrich encounter in Chapter 122, and how does he respond?
4. What do Walter and Clarisse fight about in Chapter 118?
5. What is said about the Kakanians in Chapter 108?
6. How was Ulrich working against Arnheim, as described in Chapter 112?
7. What does Ulrich realize about himself in Chapter 103?
8. What is the status of Diotima and Arnheim's relationship in Chapter 105?
9. What changes in Chapter 117 for Rachel?
10. What information does Gerda gain in Chapter 119, and how?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)