|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gerda's reaction when Ulrich tries to take her to bed in Chapter 119?
(a) She panics and screams.
(b) She slaps him in the face.
(c) She eagerly complies.
(d) She reluctantly acquiesces.
2. Who initiated the affair between Ulrich and Bonadea?
(a) It is never stated.
(d) No one; it was a mutual decision.
3. What two things does the General compare when talking to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
(a) Warfare and libraries.
(b) Warfare and politics.
(c) Politics and school.
(d) Schools and libraries.
4. How does Bonadea feel about her husband?
(a) She never loved him.
(b) Her feelings about him are never explicitly stated.
(c) She didn't love him when they got married but now feels affectionate toward him.
(d) She used to love him, but doesn't anymore.
5. What does Arnheim ask Diotima in Chapter 105?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To run away with him.
(c) To have an affair with him.
(d) To divorce her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people wish that there were a living generation to experience what, according to Chapter 108?
2. What does Arnheim believe about moral and material wealth?
3. What do Ulrich and Arnheim decide regarding Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
4. What changes about Rachel as a result of her relationship with Soliman in Chapter 104?
5. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility," as defined in Chapter 110?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Arnheim in Chapter 116?
2. What happens between Rachel and Soliman in Chapter 104?
3. What do Ulrich and Arnheim say about Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
4. What does Ulrich realize about himself in Chapter 103?
5. What happens to Bonadea in Chapter 115?
6. What does Gerda do with the information she gains in Chapter 119, and why?
7. What idea does Ulrich have at the end of Chapter 120?
8. Who is Bonadea, and what is her history with Ulrich?
9. What is said about the Kakanians in Chapter 108?
10. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)