|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does General Stumm take Ulrich, in Chapter 100?
(a) To a banquet held in the General's honor.
(b) To the State Library.
(c) To his family home.
(d) To his uncle's grave.
2. What two things does the General compare when talking to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
(a) Warfare and libraries.
(b) Warfare and politics.
(c) Schools and libraries.
(d) Politics and school.
3. What do Ulrich and Arnheim decide regarding Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
(a) That if he were executed, it would save the community a great deal of money.
(b) That they should raise money for him to appeal his sentencing.
(c) Protecting the community from him is more important than his welfare.
(d) That it is a shame that he was imprisoned, but there isn't anything they can do about it.
4. Who ended Ulrich and Bonadea's affair?
(c) Bonadea's husband.
(d) Ulrich's wife.
5. What country is mentioned with regard to the challenge of keeping diverse forces united in Chapter 116?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what ailment is Bonadea suffering in Chapter 115?
2. What surfaces during a heated argument between Walter and Clarisse in Chapter 118?
3. What does Ulrich do when he encounters a prostitute in Chapter 122?
4. What type of person is Ulrich in terms of his relationships?
5. It is revealed in Chapter 116 that Arnheim is working for whom?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)