|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does the General compare when talking to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
(a) Politics and school.
(b) Warfare and libraries.
(c) Warfare and politics.
(d) Schools and libraries.
2. How does Gerda learn of Arnheim's ulterior motives in Chapter 119?
(a) By eavesdropping on his conversations.
(b) From Diotima.
(c) By reading his mail.
(d) From her father.
3. What does Arnheim believe about moral and material wealth?
(a) They sometimes coexist.
(b) They go together.
(c) They are mutually exclusive.
(d) They are one and the same.
4. Who is the gathered crowd protesting in Chapter 120?
(a) Count Leinsdorf.
(c) The General.
5. Why does Ulrich decide not to write a book in Chapter 103?
(a) He doesn't think he is intelligent enough to do it.
(b) A woman gave birth to him, not an ink well.
(c) No one seems interested in his ideas.
(d) He doesn't know how to get it published.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what offense does Diotima accuse Ulrich in Chapter 101?
2. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility," as defined in Chapter 110?
3. What is the result of the position of the child and servant, according to the author in Chapter 113?
4. What did Ulrich do to offend Arnheim in Chapter 112?
5. What is said about Diotima in Chapter 108?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ulrich and Arnheim say about Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
2. What is the status of Diotima and Arnheim's relationship in Chapter 105?
3. What information is given by the General in Chapter 116?
4. What do Diotima and Ulrich discuss in Chapter 101?
5. What do Walter and Clarisse fight about in Chapter 118?
6. What concept does Arnheim contemplate in Chapter 106, and how does he feel about it?
7. What is said about the Kakanians in Chapter 108?
8. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
9. What changes in Chapter 117 for Rachel?
10. What happens to Bonadea in Chapter 115?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)