|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Racheal realize in Chapter 104?
(a) How much Soliman cares for her.
(b) How much better her life could be if she purchased her freedom.
(c) How unimportant her well-being is, to her mistress.
(d) How rich Arnheim really is.
2. What is the relationship between Ulrich and Diotima?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) He is her brother-in-law.
3. Which individual is not mentioned by Ulrich as one of his long-term friends in Chapter 103?
4. What do Ulrich and Arnheim talk about in Chapter 121?
(b) Galician oil fields.
(c) The Kakanians.
(d) Count Leinsdorf.
5. What is one of the main reasons Walter doesn't trust Ulrich?
(a) Ulrich stole money from Walter.
(b) Ulrich has expressed an attraction toward Clarisse.
(c) Ulrich once stole Walter's girlfriend.
(d) Ulrich has had affairs with married women.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 112, at what point does a great man cease to be great?
2. From what ailment is Bonadea suffering in Chapter 115?
3. Who is giving a speech in Chapter 116?
4. What point of view does the author use in Chapter 119 to relate the thoughts and feelings of Ulrich and Gerda?
5. What did Ulrich do to offend Arnheim in Chapter 112?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)