|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point of view does the author use in Chapter 119 to relate the thoughts and feelings of Ulrich and Gerda?
(b) First-person omniscient.
(c) Third-person omniscient.
(d) Third-person limited.
2. What is the relationship between Ulrich and Diotima?
(a) He is her brother-in-law.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) They are siblings.
3. Why does Ulrich attempt to sleep with Gerda in Chapter 119?
(a) He doesn't really want to but feels obligated to.
(b) He has been attracted to her for years.
(c) He wants to ruin her relationship with her fiance.
(d) He wants to be able to blackmail her later.
4. What is the ultimate result of Ulrich and Gerda's interactions in Chapter 119?
(a) Ulrich comforts Gerda, and both are all right.
(b) Both are satisfied and glad they did it.
(c) Ulrich is disappointed, and Gerda is mortified.
(d) Ulrich is satisfied, but Gerda is disappointed.
5. Why does Arnheim make some irrational presumptions about wealth, according to the author in Chapter 106?
(a) His family had some strange ideas about wealth.
(b) He doesn't want to be wealthy and doesn't appreciate the opportunities being wealthy has given him.
(c) He doesn't understand the ideals and motivations of middle-class people.
(d) He was born into wealth instead of having to work his way into it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Collateral Campaign viewed as of Chapter 116?
2. What surfaces during a heated argument between Walter and Clarisse in Chapter 118?
3. When Moosbrugger's trial reached the courts, what type of issue did it become?
4. For whom does Rachel work?
5. How does Ulrich respond to Arnheim's offer in Chapter 121?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about the Kakanians in Chapter 108?
2. What happens between Rachel and Soliman in Chapter 104?
3. What changes in Chapter 117 for Rachel?
4. What happens to Bonadea in Chapter 115?
5. What is revealed about Arnheim in Chapter 116?
6. What is the author trying to demonstrate through Ulrich and Gerda's actions in Chapter 119?
7. What do Diotima and Ulrich discuss in Chapter 101?
8. Who does Ulrich encounter in Chapter 122, and how does he respond?
9. What does Gerda do with the information she gains in Chapter 119, and why?
10. What do Walter and Clarisse fight about in Chapter 118?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)