|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main interest outsiders seem to show in Moosbrugger, according to the information presented in Chapter 110?
(a) Whether he was really guilty of committing a crime.
(b) Whether he is crazy.
(c) Whether he feels remorse for his crime.
(d) Whether he can be rehabilitated.
2. What concept is being showcased in Chapter 119?
(a) Serial monogamy.
(b) Violence in the media.
(c) Social pressure.
(d) Consequences of adultery.
3. Why isn't Ulrich surprised by the relationship that Arnheim and Diotima have?
(a) Arnheim had told Ulrich about his plan to woo Diotima.
(b) He never understood why her husband tolerated Arnheim's attentions toward her.
(c) Diotima had a propensity for becoming infatuated with men she couldn't have.
(d) Arnheim had all the same qualities that caused Diotima to fall in love with her husband.
4. What idea does Ulrich have regarding life in Chapter 120?
(a) It is only possible to succeed in life if you maintain as much control over your life as possible.
(b) A person can do well in their life, but for that to happen they must give up a degree of control.
(c) Most people don't know how to succeed, which is why they fail.
(d) It is nearly impossible for a person to succeed in life because the odds are against them.
5. What happens between Gerda and Ulrich in Chapter 119?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They have an argument.
(c) They stop seeing one another.
(d) They plan a secret rendezvous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulrich notice about his own behavior in Chapter 103?
2. What do Ulrich and Arnheim decide regarding Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
3. What does Ulrich do when he encounters a prostitute in Chapter 122?
4. How does Ulrich feel about Clarisse?
5. It is revealed in Chapter 116 that Arnheim is working for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Ulrich encounter in Chapter 122, and how does he respond?
2. What do Walter and Clarisse fight about in Chapter 118?
3. What does the narrator say about children and servants in Chapter 113?
4. What information does Gerda gain in Chapter 119, and how?
5. How do outsiders relate to Moosbrugger, and why are they interested in him, according to the information presented in Chapter 110?
6. What is the author trying to demonstrate through Ulrich and Gerda's actions in Chapter 119?
7. What comparison does General Stumm make between libraries and warfare in Chapter 100?
8. What is Count Leinsdorf concerned about in Chapter 107?
9. What is revealed about Arnheim in Chapter 116?
10. What happens between Ulrich and Gerda in Chapter 119?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)