|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does General Stumm recommend to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
2. What is Bonadea's husband's rank in the military?
3. What is Diotima's reaction when Ulrich discusses the relationship between herself and Arnheim in Chapter 101?
(a) She admits that they have affection for one another and doesn't appear to see anything wrong with it.
(b) She dismisses his concerns but appears somewhat uncomfortable.
(c) She blushes deeply and admits that love has grown between them.
(d) She laughs and asks who told him such a story.
4. What is the purpose of the laws regarding children and slaves, according to the information in Chapter 113?
(a) To ensure that they are protected by the individuals to whom they belong.
(b) To outline their rights so that they don't overstep their boundaries.
(c) To ensure that the process of transferring ownership is smooth and free of complications.
(d) To give them legal recourse in case they are mistreated.
5. What concept is being showcased in Chapter 119?
(a) Violence in the media.
(b) Social pressure.
(c) Serial monogamy.
(d) Consequences of adultery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Gerda and Ulrich in Chapter 119?
2. What is said about Diotima in Chapter 108?
3. What did Ulrich do to offend Arnheim in Chapter 112?
4. What is the relationship between Ulrich and Diotima?
5. It is revealed in Chapter 116 that Arnheim is working for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is given by the General in Chapter 116?
2. What is said about the Kakanians in Chapter 108?
3. What information is presented in Chapter 102 regarding Hans Sepp?
4. What comparison does General Stumm make between libraries and warfare in Chapter 100?
5. What does the narrator say about children and servants in Chapter 113?
6. Who is Bonadea, and what is her history with Ulrich?
7. What changes in Chapter 117 for Rachel?
8. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility" as outlined in Chapter 111?
9. What idea does Ulrich have at the end of Chapter 120?
10. What happens to Bonadea in Chapter 115?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)