|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bonadea feel about her husband?
(a) She never loved him.
(b) She used to love him, but doesn't anymore.
(c) She didn't love him when they got married but now feels affectionate toward him.
(d) Her feelings about him are never explicitly stated.
2. How does Gerda learn of Arnheim's ulterior motives in Chapter 119?
(a) By eavesdropping on his conversations.
(b) By reading his mail.
(c) From her father.
(d) From Diotima.
3. Arnheim is convinced in Chapter 112 that Ulrich is doing what?
(a) Trying to push Arnheim away from Diotima, so that he can be with her.
(b) Trying to sabotage Arnheim's business ventures.
(c) Using Arnheim as a means to garner favor with Count Leinsdorf.
(d) Speaking poorly of Arnheim to others, including Diotima.
4. What point of view does the author use in Chapter 119 to relate the thoughts and feelings of Ulrich and Gerda?
(b) Third-person omniscient.
(c) Third-person limited.
(d) First-person omniscient.
5. What is Gerda's reaction when Ulrich tries to take her to bed in Chapter 119?
(a) She slaps him in the face.
(b) She panics and screams.
(c) She reluctantly acquiesces.
(d) She eagerly complies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arnheim ask Diotima in Chapter 105?
2. Where does General Stumm take Ulrich, in Chapter 100?
3. To whom does Gerda go with her knowledge of Arnheim's motives in Chapter 119?
4. What is the concept of "diminished responsibility," as defined in Chapter 110?
5. Of what offense does Diotima accuse Ulrich in Chapter 101?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Diotima and Ulrich discuss in Chapter 101?
2. What happens between Ulrich and Gerda in Chapter 119?
3. What is revealed about Arnheim in Chapter 116?
4. What happens to Bonadea in Chapter 115?
5. Who is Bonadea, and what is her history with Ulrich?
6. What does Gerda do with the information she gains in Chapter 119, and why?
7. What information is presented in Chapter 102 regarding Hans Sepp?
8. What do Ulrich and Arnheim say about Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
9. Who does Ulrich encounter in Chapter 122, and how does he respond?
10. What information does Gerda gain in Chapter 119, and how?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)