|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Count Leinsdorf in Chapter 81 what concept is not useful to humanity?
(a) Ideological politics.
(d) Practical politics.
2. What type of corporation does Arnheim's family own and run?
(a) A collective of land-owners.
(b) A bank and lending facility.
(c) A shovel-making business.
(d) A munitions manufacturing facility.
3. According to Arnheim in Chapter 92, what group of people frequently gave him the most trouble?
(a) People who suddenly came into great quantities of money.
(b) The poor.
(c) The intelligentsia.
(d) The wealthy.
4. In Chapter 81, how often does Ulrich meet with Count Leinsdorf?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Three times a week.
5. What do Ulrich and Klementine discuss in Chapter 73?
(a) Ulrich's love for Gerda.
(c) The upcoming war.
(d) Leo's hopes for a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which countries does Diotima specifically dislike?
2. Who is Soliman?
3. What question regarding businessmen does Arnheim explore in Chapter 96?
4. What important concept is introduced in Chapter 99?
5. Which individual is mentioned as being one of the author's influences in Chapter 91?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clarisse realize about the "man without qualities" in Chapter 97?
2. What does the author say in Chapter 77 about losing one's sense of reality?
3. What does Diotima do with Count Leinsdorf in Chapter 114?
4. What is the status of Diotima and Arnheim's relationship in Chapter 105?
5. What was the course of the General's career development as outlined in Chapter 80?
6. What information does Gerda gain in Chapter 119, and how?
7. Who does Ulrich encounter in Chapter 122, and how does he respond?
8. What is happening politically in Chapter 120?
9. What is Count Leinsdorf concerned about in Chapter 107?
10. What are some of the ideological debates going on in the Collateral Campaign in Chapter 89?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)