|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Chapter 123.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ulrich feel about Clarisse?
(a) He has never thought about her in a romantic way.
(b) He is not attracted to her in the slightest.
(c) He is attracted to her and fervently wishes he could convince her to sleep with him.
(d) He is attracted to her at times, but is comfortable with the idea that nothing is going to happen between them.
2. Of what nationality is Arnheim?
3. What does Clarisse realize about her husband in Chapter 97?
(a) He is afraid of her.
(b) He is no longer in love with her.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) He was never in love with her.
4. What does Clarisse think is the main difference between the two men she compares in Chapter 97?
(a) One is successful, and the other is not.
(b) One is compassionate, and the other is not.
(c) One is in love with her, and the other is not.
(d) One is musical, and the other is not.
5. What did Arnheim say in Chapter 94, which made Diotima realize her feelings for him?
(a) He flattered her immensely and told her that of all her virtues her intellect was the most valuable.
(b) He talked about the perception of reality and how the concept should be abolished.
(c) He told her about his decision to fund the orphanage with his own money.
(d) He conveyed to her his depth of feeling for her husband and how he valued their friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Leinsdorf advise Diotima to study in Chapter 114?
2. Clarisse compares Moosbrugger to "the man without" what?
3. Which two people admit to liking Ulrich in Chapter 93?
4. What approach does the individual funding the project in Chapter 84 choose not to employ?
5. How is the importance of a book determined, according to the author?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)