|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Chapter 123.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clarisse's response to the telegram Ulrich receives in Chapter 123?
(a) She isn't sure what to say, so she remains silent.
(b) She congratulates him.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She expresses her sympathy.
2. What does Ulrich begin to suspect in Chapter 91?
(a) General Stumm is planning to murder Arnheim.
(b) Arnheim and Diotima are secretly having an affair.
(c) Count Leinsdorf is beginning to fall for Diotima as well.
(d) There is some reason why Diotima's husband is so tolerant of her affection for Arnheim.
3. Of what offense does Diotima accuse Ulrich in Chapter 101?
(a) Trying to steal one of her best friends.
(b) Trying to manipulate her.
(c) Trying to undermine Arnheim.
(d) Trying to pry into her personal affairs.
4. For whom does Soliman work?
(c) The Tuzzis.
(d) General Stumm.
5. Which ancient philosopher is the topic of Chapter 77?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arnheim end up doing in Chapter 86?
2. What is Klementine's reaction to the topic Ulrich introduces in Chapter 73?
3. What is Ulrich doing in Chapter 84 as part of his service to the Count?
4. Why doesn't Ulrich get to see Diotima when he goes to visit her in Chapter 121?
5. Who accompanies Ulrich on his trip at the end of the novel?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)