|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Chapters 84 - 87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Count Leinsdorf in Chapter 81 what concept is not useful to humanity?
(b) Ideological politics.
(c) Practical politics.
2. What is Klementine's reaction to the topic Ulrich introduces in Chapter 73?
(a) She is anxiously hoping it will come to pass.
(b) She is too timid to express an opinion.
(c) She doesn't know how she feels about it.
(d) She dislikes it but doesn't get particularly worked up about it.
3. Why is there a conflict between Walter and Ulrich, according to Clarisse?
(a) Walter is in love with Clarisse.
(b) Walter wants to be the Count's favorite.
(c) Walter is jealous of Ulrich's success.
(d) Ulrich is jealous of Walter's wealth.
4. The author claims that the General suffered from becoming repeatedly infatuated with what types of women?
(a) Intimidating ones.
(b) Promiscuous ones.
(c) Attractive but unintelligent ones.
(d) Greedy ones.
5. How does the author describe Clarisse?
(a) A sexy intellectual.
(b) A conservative patriot.
(c) Attractive, but not particularly intelligent.
(d) Intelligent, but not particularly attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, why are some writers' situations strange?
2. Who receives an invitation from Diotima in Chapter 80?
3. What question does Ulrich ask regarding Gerda's upcoming marriage in Chapter 73?
4. What approach does the individual funding the project in Chapter 84 choose not to employ?
5. What was the General's attitude toward his job as time went on?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)