|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Chapters 84 - 87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ulrich doing in Chapter 84 as part of his service to the Count?
(a) Sorting a pile of mail.
(b) Cleaning the Count's house.
(c) Caring for the Count's garden.
(d) Tending to the Count's stables.
2. What do Ulrich and Klementine discuss in Chapter 73?
(a) Ulrich's love for Gerda.
(b) The upcoming war.
(c) Leo's hopes for a promotion.
3. How does the author describe Clarisse?
(a) Attractive, but not particularly intelligent.
(b) Intelligent, but not particularly attractive.
(c) A sexy intellectual.
(d) A conservative patriot.
4. What is the General's response to Ulrich's assertion that he values intellect too highly in Chapter 85?
(a) He doesn't value intellect more than anyone else, but he appreciates it more.
(b) He values intellect only when it is combined with other virtues.
(c) He has found too much anti-intellectualism in the soldiers' mess halls over the years.
(d) He is accustomed to being around intellectuals, so stupid people bore him.
5. Who becomes infatuated with Diotima in Chapter 85?
(b) Count Leinsdorf.
(c) General Stumm.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the Count's acquaintances is mentioned in Chapter 84 as supporting what type of establishment?
2. Who is Soliman?
3. Of what nationality is Arnheim?
4. What is Ulrich's relationship with Gerda, as described in Chapter 74?
5. What did Arnheim explain to Diotima in Chapter 76?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)